Letterkenny Season 7

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

noxiousdog

Letterkenny Season 7

Post by noxiousdog »

I logged in to Hulu last night and was pleasantly surprised to see season 7 is out.

Letterkenny is loosely based on Listowel, Ontario but in reality is just a super rural Ottawa amalgamation. The tag is "there are 5000 people in Letterkenny. These are their problems." It's presented in 20 minute episodes with the focus on the hicks, skids (druggies/goth), hockey players, natives, and Glen who has some of the best lines of the series.

There's only a few episodes per season so it's an easy watch. The humor is primarily word play which can be best summed up in the cold open for Season 3 episode 1.

That clip is what hooked me.

There are tons of recurring jokes, puns, and subtle humor. Also terrible action scenes filmed in slo-mo.

Do yourself a favor and give it a chance.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Letterkenny Season 7

Post by LawBeefaroni »

A friend of mine has been trying to me to watch this and I want to but haven't had a chance to find an alternative means of viewing (I don't have Hulu).

I will get on that soon though.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Roman

Post by Roman »

This one is my favourite. To be more accurate - its a representation of any rural area in Canada

Love that they stop tossing the ball to him.
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I binge watched the first 4 seasons after Issgr...Issgrum....Issgrim...Issie mentioned it a while back. I loved the first 3, but it became a bit repetitive after that. I think I stopped either near or at the end of season 4. I'll have to go back and see if I like it better after some time away though.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:16 am I binge watched the first 4 seasons after Issgr...Issgrum....Issgrim...Issie mentioned it a while back. I loved the first 3, but it became a bit repetitive after that. I think I stopped either near or at the end of season 4. I'll have to go back and see if I like it better after some time away though.
Season 4? How can you not love "A Fuss at the Golf Course"? I will give you that "The Letterkenny Leave" wasn't the best.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I may have just burned out on it at the time due the binge-ening. I'll give it another go soon.
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I kid you not, but this show is filmed locally and even have a friend who claims he was an extra in an episode or two. Hell, our local brewery has been making Puppers. :D My region has become a real hotbed for the film industry over the last 10 years or so.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Roman wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:01 am This one is my favourite. To be more accurate - its a representation of any rural area in Canada

Love that they stop tossing the ball to him.
Definitely one of my favorite scenes.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

I know I'm late to this, but just started watching. I'm totally obsessed with this show now. I've literally never binged a show like I've been bingeing Letterkenny. I'm pretty sure I'm going to catch myself saying Figure It Out and How Are Ya Now to random people in my life.
No sig, must scream, etc.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Good, n' you?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

FWIW, they are working on spinoff called Shoresy.

And in related news, the production company donated an outdoor gym to one of the city parks. And they called it Pitter Patter Park. :D

https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/pitt ... eo-4511540
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

I wish you weren’t so f-ing awkward, bud.
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I like the show, but i have a hard time understanding what they're saying half the time. They talk so damn fast.
FTE
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Pitter-patter has crept into the Red Wings announcers' vernacular.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im sure Bonnie McMurray and her costumes have no influence on why you watch this show.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"