[TV] Clarice

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[TV] Clarice

Post by Isgrimnur »

B-D
CBS is developing “Clarice”, a crime drama series project based on the famous Thomas Harris character, which is set after the events in The Silence of the Lambs, reports Deadline.

“Clarice” is set in 1993, a year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs. The series is a deep dive into the untold personal story of Clarice Starling, as she returns to the field to pursue serial murderers and sexual predators while navigating the high stakes political world of Washington, D.C.”
The project, written and executive produced by Alex Kurtzman and Jenny Lumet, has already received a big series commitment. The intention for the project, which has a pilot script written, is to go to series. A pilot will be filmed this season before a series order decision is made, although the site notes that a writers’ room has already been set up.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Re: [TV] Clarice

Post by hepcat »

That reminds me, the genius Hannibal was on sale for a great price on Vudu recently. I miss that show. It was just so damn great. If they can make Clarice even half as good, they’ll have succeeded.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hope they can make it interesting as in SotL she wasn't the interesting part. It was all the characters around her.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:That reminds me, the genius Hannibal was on sale for a great price on Vudu recently. I miss that show. It was just so damn great. If they can make Clarice even half as good, they’ll have succeeded.
They need to stop screwing around and just bring back Hannibal and introduce him to Clarice.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Wow, I didn't even realize they were discussing a comeback at any point. I'm okay with the way it ended though. It was a wonderful story arc that ended on the same note the show thrived on: beautifully grotesque.
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

while navigating the high stakes political world of Washington, D.C.
Ugh. Hate this kind of poli-drama stuff.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

What if they add a by the rules bureau head who doesn't understand Clarice's no nonsense approach to the world of federal crime?
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

If they have Jack Crawford in the series I hope they don't screw his character up.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Who would you want to play her?

I'm thinking an actress in her 20s? Here's a few:

Jennifer Lawrence
Chloe Grace Moretz
Emma Watson
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I think JenLo seems a bit over exposed. Emma Watson looks the part, but I don't know if she has the acting chops.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Digital Spy
Fuller even has an Oscar-nominated actress in mind to play FBI rookie Clarice: "I love Ellen Page," he revealed. "I think she would be a great Clarice - but I also love the idea of casting somebody who's not white in that role.

"Having race play a factor in Clarice's background, in a way that race plays a factor in everybody's background, I think that would be an interesting exploration of the character."
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

rittchard wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:12 pm Who would you want to play her?

I'm thinking an actress in her 20s? Here's a few:

Jennifer Lawrence
Chloe Grace Moretz
Emma Watson
Bea Arthur would have nailed this part.
He won. Period.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:43 pm Digital Spy
Fuller even has an Oscar-nominated actress in mind to play FBI rookie Clarice: "I love Ellen Page," he revealed. "I think she would be a great Clarice - but I also love the idea of casting somebody who's not white in that role.

"Having race play a factor in Clarice's background, in a way that race plays a factor in everybody's background, I think that would be an interesting exploration of the character."
Diversity is good. I wish they'd create NEW material with diversity in mind. Having Hannibal's second foil, after Will Graham, be female was adding diversity. New story, new type of character. I'd like to see them create a non white lead character who picks up the chase after the last book's events. I realize that they probably could only sell their pitch with an established character though.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Oh yeah, Ellen Page!! I knew there was someone I couldn't remember. I think she'd be perfect.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm not seeing the Ellen Page casting, myself. She's a great actress though, so she might be able to pull it off in spite of my first thoughts.
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Ellen Page has the "tough as nails" aspect but she seems too young. Even though she's not, since she's currently older than Jodie Foster was in SotL. :doh: I guess I can't not think of her as a kid due to previous film roles. I'm not against it though, she certainly has the acting chops to pull it off.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I would rather see Rose Byrne in this role. She is 41.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pop Culture
The thriller-drama will begin on Thursday, Feb. 11 at 10 p.m. ET, immediately following Star Trek's season finale: Discovery.
According to CBS, the show picks up one year after The Silence of the Lambs' events, set in the year 1993. It finds Clarice returning to fieldwork after some time away and making sense of her strengths and weaknesses on the job. The lead role will be played by Rebecca Breeds, filling the shoes of Jodie Foster from the original movie.
Other characters returning from the original movie include Paul Krendler — played by Ron Vawter in the original and by Michael Cudlitz here — Adrelia Mapp — originally played by Kasi Lemmons, and here played by Devyn Tyler — and Catherine Martin — originally played by Brooke Smith, and now played by Marnee Carpenter. Newcomers include Lucca de Oliveira as Tomas Esquivel, Kal Penn as Shaan Tripathi and Nick Sandow as Agent Clarke.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I think it's interesting that Catherine Martin is a character they are bringing back. I have to admit I look forward to seeing the two of them try to reconcile after Clarice left her in the well and Martin called her a bitch for leaving her there.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

hepcat wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:15 pm That reminds me, the genius Hannibal was on sale for a great price on Vudu recently. I miss that show. It was just so damn great. If they can make Clarice even half as good, they’ll have succeeded.
After reading Hannibal (the book) I knew why Jodie refused to do the role again for the movie, which was ok. I *hated* how he treated Agent Starling in that, and basically never gave the series a shot because of it.

Just by titling it Clarice instead of Agent Starling, I don't think I'll like this either.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was referring to the Mads Mikkelson tv series.
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:32 pm I was referring to the Mads Mikkelson tv series.
I know, but I didn't watch the tv series because of the book/movie and just needed a post as a foil/starting point for that. While Hannibal Lecter is an amazing character, I liked the Starling character better (and together they were absolutely magical). Those scenes are just fantastic, and Foster is just as amazing as Hopkins - neither performance would be as good without the other, as well as Demme's direction (especially as so many of their interactions are actually single-actor face shots, with so much being communicated with eye/nose/mouth movements).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hannibal the television show would make you reconsider that. The Hannibal/Will Graham relationship in that show easily equals..even exceeds... anything that came before it. Harris was unable to envision a relationship between his protagonist and antagonist that didn’t eventually involve sexuality at its core.

However, the complexity of the relationship in the show between Hannibal and Will is about pure emotion stripped of any physical boundaries. They created a sublime romance that isn’t really a romance.
He won. Period.