Star Trek Voyager is 25

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

El Guapo

Re: Star Trek Voyager is 25

Post by El Guapo »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:16 pm It started out a little rough, but I’d still take TNG’s early camp, over DS9’s early dreariness. I know that I really shouldn’t post in this thread, because I have never cared for DS9 overall. Yes, I’ve seen the entire series, including THAT episode, and THAT one, too. Miles and Bashir were the only main characters that I actually cared about (Garak was the most interesting character on that show). I always thought Terry Farrell was a mediocre actress, Avery Brooks was decent, but I never bought into Sisqo as a consistent character. Odo and Kira? Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Word doesn’t count because he was TNG. The Dominion storyline was decent, but Star Trek comes down to the characters, and This crew didn’t do it for me.
I will say that rewatching a few DS9 episodes, I was struck by what a shitty actress Terry Farrell was (at least in the episodes that I was watching). But the rest of the cast was strong.
Black Lives Matter.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:41 am
Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:16 pm It started out a little rough, but I’d still take TNG’s early camp, over DS9’s early dreariness. I know that I really shouldn’t post in this thread, because I have never cared for DS9 overall. Yes, I’ve seen the entire series, including THAT episode, and THAT one, too. Miles and Bashir were the only main characters that I actually cared about (Garak was the most interesting character on that show). I always thought Terry Farrell was a mediocre actress, Avery Brooks was decent, but I never bought into Sisqo as a consistent character. Odo and Kira? Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Word doesn’t count because he was TNG. The Dominion storyline was decent, but Star Trek comes down to the characters, and This crew didn’t do it for me.
I will say that rewatching a few DS9 episodes, I was struck by what a shitty actress Terry Farrell was (at least in the episodes that I was watching). But the rest of the cast was strong.
She always seemed like she was pleased and surprised to be on the cast at all, which was sort of endearing, in its way.
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

OK, which one of us works for Gizmodo? They posted this yesterday:
When Star Trek: The Next Generation Was Bad, It Was Truly Horrendous

The article used an image from Up the Long Ladder, so that's hard to argue against. :D
Conform or be cast out!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The moment I would realize a TNG episode was going to be holosuite centric, my mind would tune out.
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:38 pm The moment I would realize a TNG episode was going to be holosuite centric, my mind would tune out.
I started out liking the Murdock episodes. And then quickly changed my mind. Wiki tells me he was only in five episodes. It sure seems like a lot more. (Apparently he is also in six episodes of Voyager as well, which I have never seen)
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:13 pm
Jeff V wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 pm
hepcat wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:53 pm Except when you tell me I'm being unreasonable for disliking something. :P
I have no idea what that must be like.
:lol:

Your dislikes are unreasonable though. You hate the Amish. Don't make me break out the list! :P
How is disliking the creepy fucking Amish unreasonable? I say that anyone NOT wary of them might be unstable themselves!
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:
He won. Period.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Bloomington, Indiana, has unveiled a statue of their native daughter, Kathryn Janeway.

Enlarge Image
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I always suspected Indiana was in the Delta Quadrant.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Janeway’s bust was unveiled in a ceremony Saturday morning at its new home on the B-Line Trail. Irish Lion hosted a Star Trek-themed menu throughout the day, and Upland Brewing offered a discount to patrons wearing Star Trek gear.
Ah, dammit! The Irish Lion is one of my favorite restaurants. We drive to Bloomington at least once a year to eat there (mutton pies of Abbeyfeale are my go-to.) I'd have loved to have seen what they did with Trek food.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Janeway’s bust was unveiled in a ceremony Saturday morning
Aww and I missed seeing it. Im sure its online somewhere.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"