Superbowl Commericals

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Unagi

Superbowl Commericals

Post by Unagi »

The Mountain Dew / The Shining commercial was pretty good.
Daehawk

Re: Superbowl Commericals

Post by Daehawk »

Just curious..what channel is was the super bowl? I dont watch it but wondered.

Ill repost what I posted in the random thread.

Groundhog Day reference ad.

https://adage.com/article/special-repor ... ad/2233286

Jeep on Friday teased its “Groundhog Day”-themed Super Bowl ad by featuring Ned Ryerson, the nerdy insurance salesman character from the 1993 movie. Stephen Tobolowsky, who played Ryerson, appears in character in the quick video, saying, “This Sunday is going to be a doozy,” before doing a little geeky happy dance.

---------------------

Then we have some Madden 21 funny on SNL

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... 21/4109379
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Momoa is my favorite so far. MC Hammer was pretty good too.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:24 pm Momoa is my favorite so far. MC Hammer was pretty good too.
Momoa is my fav so far.

Super Bowl is on Fox.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Shakira is 43? :shock:

That’s some damn good genes there.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Nice to see Lube Man is moving on to a music career.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

MC Hammer was my favorite. Had about 4 commercials I liked and the rest wasted too much money.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Bloomberg and Trump ads were both exploitative bullshit.

Snickers ad made me chuckle.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:24 pm Momoa is my favorite so far. MC Hammer was pretty good too.
+1 That was about it for me.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

TiVo reverses their commercial skip after the game to skip right to the commercials so I'm going to watch that tonight. I was up and down cooking FAT STAX OF SNAX so I didn't see them all but I thought it was clever how Charlie Day kept wandering in and out of all the commercials.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I liked the snickers. gave it a big out loud WOO YEAH! Enjoyed Bill Murray and also Jason Mamoya

MC hammer was good, that was funny. Was really annoyed to see political ads in the superbowl, I don't care how much they spent, that shit should be banned.

Also, no more ads that make you cry, stick to funny ads, or beer commercials. Its supposed to be a party,
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:18 am
I could watch this over, and over, and over again. :mrgreen:
It's not personal!
:wub:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I enjoyed the Ellen and Portia Alexa commercial. I thought there were some good lines in that one.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I haven't seen any of those, but Hyundai's "Smaht Pahk" ad started drawing attention around Boston last week. Hollywood often mangles the Boston accent, and this ad doesn't because they used local celebs, so that much is good. However, "wicked" is not an adjective.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Kraken wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:27 pm I haven't seen any of those, but Hyundai's "Smaht Pahk" ad started drawing attention around Boston last week. Hollywood often mangles the Boston accent, and this ad doesn't because they used local celebs, so that much is good. However, "wicked" is not an adjective.
I didn't watch the Super Bowl but being from MA originally, I heard about this ad and searched it out. I enjoyed it. On the one hand, it did it's job - I saw the ad. On the other hand, I couldn't have told you what they were trying to sell - I was too focused on the dialog and celebrity sightings - so major fail.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stessier wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:19 am
Kraken wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:27 pm I haven't seen any of those, but Hyundai's "Smaht Pahk" ad started drawing attention around Boston last week. Hollywood often mangles the Boston accent, and this ad doesn't because they used local celebs, so that much is good. However, "wicked" is not an adjective.
I didn't watch the Super Bowl but being from MA originally, I heard about this ad and searched it out. I enjoyed it. On the one hand, it did it's job - I saw the ad. On the other hand, I couldn't have told you what they were trying to sell - I was too focused on the dialog and celebrity sightings - so major fail.
What bothered me is that "smart park" may be great for the driver but anyone parked next to the guy won't be able to get into their car.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
stessier wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:19 am
What bothered me is that "smart park" may be great for the driver but anyone parked next to the guy won't be able to get into their car.
Well, then those other drivers ain't too smaht.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"I got mine, FU!"

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:50 am What bothered me is that "smart park" may be great for the driver but anyone parked next to the guy won't be able to get into their car.
That was my takeaway.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Well clearly the solution is that they also have to get a car with smart park so that it can smart back up before they get in.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Anyone have a link to the commercial where the mom keeps following her grown son around? I want my son to know how lucky he is :D
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Lorini wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:04 am Anyone have a link to the commercial where the mom keeps following her grown son around? I want my son to know how lucky he is :D
The T-Mobile one where Anthony Anderson's mom keeps calling him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6yRDbl ... =emb_title

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:53 am "I got mine, FU!"
"Oh, FU?!? I think it's FU, bro!" Busts a beer bottle from the local packey over LawBeefs head "Hey Tommy, back the smaht car over this clown and pick up those scalped Bruins tickets from my cousin Mikey in Dorchestah!"
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I thought it was a pretty "safe" year for the commercials. While some were good, they weren't necessarily "stand around the water cool and talk about them good." But by the same token, I didn't feel that any were truly awful as in past years either. So it kind of all balanced out.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

$iljanus wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:23 am
"Oh, FU?!? I think it's FU, bro!" Busts a beer bottle from the local packey over LawBeefs head "Hey Tommy, back the smaht car over this clown and pick up those scalped Bruins tickets from my cousin Mikey in Dorchestah!"
Largely why I quit going to Boston. Happens every time.

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
$iljanus wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:23 am
Largely why I quit going to Boston. Happens every time.
Lived in Massachusetts for 4 years now and even though I've had fairly positive interactions throughout my travels in the Commonwealth I can see the possibility of the above interaction occurring at the drop of a hat depending on the location.
Black lives matter!

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

TheMix wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:09 am
Lorini wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:04 am Anyone have a link to the commercial where the mom keeps following her grown son around? I want my son to know how lucky he is :D
The T-Mobile one where Anthony Anderson's mom keeps calling him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6yRDbl ... =emb_title
Yeah that one! Thanks!
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I hosted a party for the game, and my super power of ignoring all commercials was enhanced by the need to socialize between plays. I watched the half time show only because it was the one time during the evening all the women piled in the living room to watch any of it.

I saw some snippets on the news the next day and, well, I do like Bill Murray. Apparently that commercial was filmed in the same town as his movie, Groundhog Day, about 50 miles due north of me on IL Rt 47.
Black Lives Matter