Whatcha Stocking?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Z-Corn

Re: Whatcha Stocking?

Post by Z-Corn »

Unagi wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:44 pm ...and the stockings were hung by the toilet with care, in hopes that Cottenelle would soon would be there.
:clap:
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I went looking to my local store online that delivers thinking about ordering but the selection was so limited I changed my mind. I know they have a better selection than that at the store.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:15 pm Which raises the question of why people are OK with institutional paper at work but need the mutlti-ply super paper at home. I mean Scott doesn't kill anyone at work. Why would it at home?
Scott at home is fine with me, butt the institutional stuff is one inch more narrow which is no bueno with me. I assume they make it more narrow so they can fit a big old holder in the stall which begs the question "Why bother?" as they never install the holder where it isn't half blocking your access to the seat, at least for a "big" guy. :doh:

I'd think they can't do TP for the home market on institutional production equipment because of the more narrow. God, I hope they don't take the opportunity to move us all to "more narrow" TP. It's got to be less sanitary not having full wipe coverage. :mrgreen:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unagi wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:44 pm ...and the stockings were hung by the toilet with care, in hopes that Cottenelle would soon would be there.
:lol:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Z-Corn wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 pm Ew only savages poop at work.

If you are a savage maybe you don't care about your TP? 'Cause you have a savage butt?
Seriously oversharing, but some of us don't have the luxury of holding it for 8 hours. Out bodies have different ideas about how frequently to go.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I had to pick up a Rx for Wife today, and CVS had both paper towel and bog roll. There was a limit of 2 in total so I got one of each.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My Rx pickup netted a +3 of Puffs Plus, so I consider that a win.
mori

Post by mori »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 pm Image
I thought of that Gif a page a go with Z corn's addition. I only poop at work in emergencies. If you are going to do it on company time, you can use 80 grit sandpaper for all I care. That is why you get industrial wipe in the workplace.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'm a real regular guy. Any unplanned dump means something is seriously wrong.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I think in using the cheap stuff you use twice as much as you would use of the good stuff, so here really is no savings involved. When you wipe your ass using a roll that is industrial quality and the thickness of a spiders web you tend to use much more.
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I just went walked through Chinatown for grocery restock. Apparently my shopping online had a few items missing and it seems the markets in Chinatown are still doing a brisk business. If there's a long queue, then there's a few feet between people without asking. Actually found all the vegetables I needed, and two blocks away was a shop that sells meat. Between that and whatever arrives tomorrow we may be good for a few weeks at least.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I wonder if everybody is gonna have to replace the cabin air filters in the vehicles after this?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

em2nought wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:24 pm I wonder if everybody is gonna have to replace the cabin air filters in the vehicles after this?
One of my cars needs this done. I should have paid more attention a bunch of years ago when, after getting a $150 estimate at replacing it, an auto mechanic friend looked into it and replaced it for something like $10. This friend has since left the area though.
Black Lives Matter
mori

Post by mori »

Youtube your make and model car and you will find a video that will walk you through it. It should be an easy task.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

mori wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:20 pm Youtube your make and model car and you will find a video that will walk you through it. It should be an easy task.
scoffs in 2018 Ford Focus

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Went to the store this morning. They have posted limits on the quantities of certain items. So they had plenty of most things except rice.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jag

Post by Jag »

em2nought wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:24 pm I wonder if everybody is gonna have to replace the cabin air filters in the vehicles after this?
Despite how easily transmitted it is, the disease is apparently fairly fragile. By the time people got around to changing the air filters, it will be long dead if it even made it there at all. It needs a warm, moist place to replicate (ie: nose, throat) before it makes the final trip to your lungs.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Last weekend the freaking ice cream aisle was cleared out. WTF
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jag wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:55 am
Despite how easily transmitted it is, the disease is apparently fairly fragile. By the time people got around to changing the air filters, it will be long dead if it even made it there at all. It needs a warm, moist place to replicate (ie: nose, throat) before it makes the final trip to your lungs.
Yep, it's just a protein (RNA) with a lipid (fatty) coating. Anything that cuts through fat -- alcohol, bleach, soap, UV radiation, etc. -- exposes the fragile protein within, which promptly falls apart. By my understanding, it doesn't replicate until it reaches the lungs, although it's on the home stretch if it makes it to any mucous membranes.
Formix

Post by Formix »

mori wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:20 pm Youtube your make and model car and you will find a video that will walk you through it. It should be an easy task.
This. I feel like such a fool paying so much $$ for so many years. Look it up, it's probably easy.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

naednek wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:36 am Last weekend the freaking ice cream aisle was cleared out. WTF
I just order whatever Amazon Prime Now or Amazon Fresh has cheap. And right now, it's Breyer's, 48oz tub for $4. Definitely beats those 14oz cups of Hagen Daz at $5.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

em2nought wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:06 pm I'd think they can't do TP for the home market on institutional production equipment because of the more narrow.
Think again...

Charmin Forever roll starter kit w/ floor stand
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:40 pm
naednek wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:36 am Last weekend the freaking ice cream aisle was cleared out. WTF
I just order whatever Amazon Prime Now or Amazon Fresh has cheap. And right now, it's Breyer's, 48oz tub for $4. Definitely beats those 14oz cups of Hagen Daz at $5.
In the interest of not getting too far ahead of everyone else in regards to weight I'd like to recommend Walmart's Great Value "Fudge Tracks" at $2.97 to anyone who craves chocolate. It's kind of like Moose Tracks but chocolate, big ol' wads of fudge, and a good splattering of mini peanut butter cups. It's got more "stuff" in it than a Dairy Queen Blizzard. :dance:
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I never realized how much I touch my face and head until I was at the store today and stopped myself from doing it.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

dbt1949 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:11 pm I never realized how much I touch my face and head until I was at the store today and stopped myself from doing it.
My wife and I have both noticed that. It is hard to stop. Another thing at the store is looking at some products (mainly meats) and realizing you shouldn't be moving the packages around to check for the very best one. I have tried to stop doing that, for now.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Scuzz wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:11 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:11 pm I never realized how much I touch my face and head until I was at the store today and stopped myself from doing it.
My wife and I have both noticed that. It is hard to stop. Another thing at the store is looking at some products (mainly meats) and realizing you shouldn't be moving the packages around to check for the very best one. I have tried to stop doing that, for now.
Needing to check nutritional info/small print is a problm.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Shopping habits at my house have been severely disrupted as of late, and now we are settling on a new normal.

we were injured, and using grocery delivery for a while, but now are both healed enough to do a grocery run, although not without discomfort. And a full cartload weekly trip sort of thing is still difficult. However, it looks hard to get something like that scheduled, and with the randomness of sold out items these days, we just had to give up. our new normal is basically, whenever a prescription is ready for pickup one of us is heading to the store to get it, and whatever else is currently on the list. no more weekly trips for a full load of grocery.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The plastic bag tax has been temporarily repealed since stores aren't letting people use their own bags any more. So it's back to 10-15 of those annoying little plastic bags to carry a grocery run up the stairs. I can usually carry them all in one go but when more than a 6-pack of beer is involved, it gets tricky.

But I refuse
to make
two trips.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Get a carabiner or a sterilite bucket.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I'm noticing some shelves empty now but likely because the product is not deemed essential and there's some breakdown in the supply chain. Yesterday, one store I was at had an empty shelf where kid's bubble bath ought to have been. I did find it at another store, though.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:43 pm Get a carabiner or a sterilite bucket.
I have a solution for "normal" times when we can bring our own bags. This was just a new development that hearkened back to the olden times.

Have never carried cases of beer with a caribiner...
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:58 pm I'm noticing some shelves empty now but likely because the product is not deemed essential and there's some breakdown in the supply chain. Yesterday, one store I was at had an empty shelf where kid's bubble bath ought to have been. I did find it at another store, though.
There was probably a pinterest or tweet or Youtube video about using kid's bubble bath and bleach and gasoline to make some kind of homemade COVID-preventive salve.

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Yeah. That's half the point of a mask: it feels weird enough to make you aware of your face.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:06 pm
Jeff V wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:58 pm I'm noticing some shelves empty now but likely because the product is not deemed essential and there's some breakdown in the supply chain. Yesterday, one store I was at had an empty shelf where kid's bubble bath ought to have been. I did find it at another store, though.
There was probably a pinterest or tweet or Youtube video about using kid's bubble bath and bleach and gasoline to make some kind of homemade COVID-preventive salve.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:06 pm
If i was marketing manager for a niche product such as that I would so do this...
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:32 pm The plastic bag tax has been temporarily repealed since stores aren't letting people use their own bags any more. So it's back to 10-15 of those annoying little plastic bags to carry a grocery run up the stairs. I can usually carry them all in one go but when more than a 6-pack of beer is involved, it gets tricky.

But I refuse
to make
two trips.
Do what Chinatown old ladies do... Get a folding wheeled cart. :D You can bring it, but don't deploy it. Once you get the stuff outside, put it all in your cart.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kasey Chang wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 pm Do what Chinatown old ladies do... Get a folding wheeled cart. :D You can bring it, but don't deploy it. Once you get the stuff outside, put it all in your cart.
Lawbeef is too young for the granny cart, but it's inevitable. My grandmother had one that she'd push for miles as she shopped the 'hood on Saturdays (she never learned to drive). My dad got one after he retired to haul his fishing stuff down to the river.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kasey Chang wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 pm Do what Chinatown old ladies do... Get a folding wheeled cart. :D You can bring it, but don't deploy it. Once you get the stuff outside, put it all in your cart.
Lawbeef is too young for the granny cart, but it's inevitable. My grandmother had one that she'd push for miles as she shopped the 'hood on Saturdays (she never learned to drive). My dad got one after he retired to haul his fishing stuff down to the river.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The wife has one of those carts. No way I'm ever using that thing.

MYT