[Poll] Do you personally know someone who has Covid-19?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Do you know someone who has tested positive for Covid-19

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 134

stessier

Re: [Poll] Do you personally know someone who has Covid-19?

Post by stessier »

Wow, Xmann - glad you're still with us and have turned the corner!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Xmann wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:05 pm I'm still here guys.
Thank goodness.

And what is now a lesser important thing...
My wife has been fighting with this company and its looking like they'll pay for everything through workers comp.
Glad to hear this as well. That you would have to fight them for it itself is heartbreaking.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Very encouraging news from today.

Tomorrow is day 21 and I can be removed from isolation. What this means is that my wife can come and visit!

My oxygen has been titrated down to 4L and I'm hanging in there. Doc wants me to be at 2-3L to discharge. I agree with that plan.

Physical Therapy came by to see how I was doing and walked me back and forth around the room several times. I did drop my saturation, but I quickly recovered by sitting for 5 minutes. Holy crap I'm weak and those trips around the room felt like miles. She is recommending outpatient cardio/pulmonary physical therapy.

All in all, I'm encouraged for the first time that I'm closer to getting out of here. If this trend continues I'm thinking I'll be home Wednesday. Crosses fingers.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Xmann wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:24 pm All in all, I'm encouraged for the first time that I'm closer to getting out of here. If this trend continues I'm thinking I'll be home Wednesday. Crosses fingers.
Great to hear! :horse:
MHS

Post by MHS »

Wow, Xmann, I'm kind of glad I wasn't reading this as it happened and am just catching up now, because that is scary as hell.

I'm really glad you and Dramatist are on the mend. I'm just seething about how the contract company treated you. We are so grateful to you people battling on the front lines and the fact that they could just discard you like that is infuriating beyond words.

Please continue healing well and thoroughly.
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Had a good afternoon and evening last night. I was able to maintain on 3L of oxygen through the evening.

Doc was here bright and early and was talking about discharge later this morning. As we are talking, my saturations drop to the 80's and that pretty much cancelled me going home today.

However, Wednesday has always been my goal and I'm almost there. I'm ok staying one more day if it's the right thing to do. Additionally, I'm off isolation so my wife is headed in to see me!
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
stessier

Post by stessier »

Glad you're done with isolation! I can't believe it's been 21 days already. Please keep checking in so we know you're doing ok.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Freedom from isolation is *HUGE*. Congrats on continued progress, and hopefully tomorrow is sweet sweet freedom!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

The Meal wrote:Freedom from isolation is *HUGE*. Congrats on continued progress, and hopefully tomorrow is sweet sweet freedom!
Yeah, I was only in the hospital for 6 days but the isolation was very rough. Of course I was watching tv all day on January 6, 7 so I was also despairing for our nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Going home later this morning
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
stessier

Post by stessier »

:banana-dance:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:horse:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

You have a super power now. Promise to use it only for good.

Congrats on getting sprung.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I have been discharged since 10am this morning. I'm still unable to leave the hospital because the oxygen company is refusing to take my workers comp.

How's that for our health care system in action.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Xmann wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:49 pm I have been discharged since 10am this morning. I'm still unable to leave the hospital because the oxygen company is refusing to take my workers comp.

How's that for our health care system in action.
We've had similar issues in the past when trying to get my son released with orders for special equipment or supplies. You probably know this process better than me, but we've had some success with moving the logjam by getting the hospital's care coordination involved.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Workers comp had to find another oxygen company that would work with them.

I'm being told it's another 2 hours, "hopefully"
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Xmann wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:29 pm Workers comp had to find another oxygen company that would work with them.

I'm being told it's another 2 hours, "hopefully"
Release is rarely straightforward. I'm sad that this is information I possess.

Very much worth it, however!
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Ball got dropped for me. No oxygen to go home with tonight. I feel defeated.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Xmann wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:48 pm Ball got dropped for me. No oxygen to go home with tonight. I feel defeated.
Another morning of saltless bland hospital breakfast foods await..yay you :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
naednek

Post by naednek »

Wife is a nanny. The kids dad has a coworker who has covid and came to work. Not sure if he knew he had it or not. So they are getting tested and we await to see if we were exposed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:54 pm
Xmann wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:48 pm Ball got dropped for me. No oxygen to go home with tonight. I feel defeated.
Another morning of saltless bland hospital breakfast foods await..yay you :)
I would be thrilled to have somebody who isn't me bring me food. I can't scratch that itch in restaurants anymore because there's some bug going around. Xmann is clearly milking room service because he likes being waited on hand-and-foot.
Tine

Post by Tine »

Ugh... I can understand that this is disappointing and frustrating. Hopefully they can get things sorted out tomorrow so you can go home. Nothing beats sleeping in your own bed.
So happy and relieved to hear that both you and Dramatist are on the road to recovery. Sending you both much healing vibes.
Be kind. Be calm. Be safe. - Dr. Bonnie Henry 🇨🇦
soulbringer

Post by soulbringer »

You would really think the workmans comp company would just pay cash to an oxygen company until they can find one that takes them. It has to be cheaper than a night in the hospital. I know our rooms are $2750/night and thats not an icu price.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

soulbringer wrote:
You would really think the workmans comp company would just pay cash to an oxygen company until they can find one that takes them. It has to be cheaper than a night in the hospital. I know our rooms are $2750/night and thats not an icu price.
It's a long story, but this is exactly what I told my case manager yesterday.

The incompetence is beyond imaginable with this.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Xmann wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:42 am
soulbringer wrote:
It's a long story, but this is exactly what I told my case manager yesterday.

The incompetence is beyond imaginable with this.
It would be inexcusable to treat any human being like that, when you're someone who put in 80 hour weeks for emergency nursing? Just shameful.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Got the oxygen and I'm leaving.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

soulbringer wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:12 am
They're already not paying for the hospital stay. This is post discharge coordination so it's not a matter of stay or get DME. It's a matter.of get DME or don't get DME.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Glad you are headed home, but jesus the US healthcare system needs to be overhauled. Not to make it R&P, but get with the program - universal healthcare won't turn you into a pumpkin.
No.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

FishPants wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 pm Glad you are headed home, but jesus the US healthcare system needs to be overhauled. Not to make it R&P, but get with the program - universal healthcare won't turn you into a pumpkin.
It will reallocate wealth, though, and those with it don't want to lose any of it.

That said, COVID is putting a lot of eyes on healthcare inequity and the universal burden it puts on everyone.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

I just found out a friend of mine who runs a warehouse for an internet apparel company is positive this morning. An employee was positive and hid it for two days while reporting to work. She has been since terminated since the whole warehouse is now pretty much shutdown.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 pm
FishPants wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 pm Glad you are headed home, but jesus the US healthcare system needs to be overhauled. Not to make it R&P, but get with the program - universal healthcare won't turn you into a pumpkin.
It will reallocate wealth, though, and those with it don't want to lose any of it.

That said, COVID is putting a lot of eyes on healthcare inequity and the universal burden it puts on everyone.
You know who would love to exit the health insurance business? Employers. Like, virtually all of them. I think the head of GM once described it as a health-care company that also makes cars.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 pmThat said, COVID is putting a lot of eyes on healthcare inequity and the universal burden it puts on everyone.
Maybe I'm wrong, but my take on this was that of workers comp resisting responsibility. I would 100% expect pushback on this and likely denial that his is a workplace related incident/exposure and that they're responsible for anything.

That doesn't diminish your original point, but I sense there's more going on here.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:16 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 pmThat said, COVID is putting a lot of eyes on healthcare inequity and the universal burden it puts on everyone.
Maybe I'm wrong, but my take on this was that of workers comp resisting responsibility. I would 100% expect pushback on this and likely denial that his is a workplace related incident/exposure and that they're responsible for anything.

That doesn't diminish your original point, but I sense there's more going on here.
My experience is that worker's comp responsibility issues don't crop up this late or appear much later when it is too late. This sounds more like the worker's comp was playing hard ball over supplier costs. In effect, supplier company said our oxygen costs X. Worker's comp said the maximum we pay a max of Y. X is way more than Y. Worker's comp says lower your price and the supplier says talk to the invisible hand since its a pandemic.

Edit: Then it got late in the day and the worker's comp buyer said...well time to punch the clock and take this up tomorrow. End scene while the patient twists in the wind.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:16 pm

That wasn't directed at WC so much as it was at FP's comment about universal healthcare.

WC is a different beast. No one likes WC because it's often still a claim when it comes time to pay. The WC isn't always resolved at admission or even discharge.

MYT
naednek

Post by naednek »

Well trump said he was going to fix it...
naednek

Post by naednek »

malchior wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:01 pm I just found out a friend of mine who runs a warehouse for an internet apparel company is positive this morning. An employee was positive and hid it for two days while reporting to work. She has been since terminated since the whole warehouse is now pretty much shutdown.
Wish someone could ask her, was it worth it to lose your job, and screw everyone around you?
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

In important news to me; I went to work for the first time post Covid today. I only worked 6 hours but things went well enough. Hopefully I’ll be back at 40 hours a week soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
stessier

Post by stessier »

Big step - Congrats!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My former boss told the company today that he was just discharged from the hospital for Covid/pneumonia.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

My sister probably has it. Persistent dry cough, hard to breathe at times, really tired walking across room and diarrhea. She was monitoring her pulse ox levels and once they dropped below 90 and didn’t come back up for the rest of the day she called the ambulance to take her to the hospital. Now waiting to get word that she’s been admitted. Since she lives in Brooklyn I’m a little concerned about the conditions in the hospital. But what can you do?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?