The Clone Wars (Disney+ show)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jag

The Clone Wars (Disney+ show)

Post by Jag »

I was very late to this show, but it just ended today with a 4 story arc that is perhaps one of the finest SW media I have ever seen.

I didn't like the animation and some of the stories at first, but I stuck through it. The Dathomir/Night Sisters arc and the Siege of Mandalore were fantastic.

This is a rough watch guide I used because while some of the story arcs are incredible, some are barely watchable. You could probably even start at Season 3 and be fine. Ahsoka Tano is everything that Rey should have been. What a waste.
Spoiler:
Regardless the last 4 episodes of S7 make everything worth it.
AWS260

Re: The Clone Wars (Disney+ show)

Post by AWS260 »

Jag wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:01 pm I was very late to this show, but it just ended today with a 4 story arc that is perhaps one of the finest SW media I have ever seen.
This was great! Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't watched much Clone Wars, just an episode here and there, but enough to know the main characters and their relationships, so I could appreciate the story.

That last scene...
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just started watching it, but I’m trying to do the whole thing in the suggested order as it seems much of it was broadcast in a less than coherent way.
He won. Period.
Jag

Post by Jag »

AWS260 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:49 am
Jag wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:01 pm I was very late to this show, but it just ended today with a 4 story arc that is perhaps one of the finest SW media I have ever seen.
This was great! Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't watched much Clone Wars, just an episode here and there, but enough to know the main characters and their relationships, so I could appreciate the story.

That last scene...
Absolutely gut wrenching. I actually felt emotional during that entire sequence.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I've been catching up on it over the past few weeks, a few episodes at a time. Agree that some of the arcs are worse than others, but overall the later seasons have been really good.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

This encouraged me to revisit the excellent Obi-Wan and Darth Maul scene from Star Wars Rebels.

rittchard

Post by rittchard »

I guess I'm super late to this party, my sister and her family have been telling me I should watch it for ages. Only watched the first few episodes thus far, but I can definitely see the appeal. I don't particularly like the art style, but it still overall looks fantastic. I like the short but packed full of content little mini stories of each episode format. Very well done.

I don't really recall much of the lore or whatever, so I'm confused about what happens to the clones vs the robots vs stormtroopers - is there a really simple explanation? I'll probably rewatch Ep 3 at some point, maybe that will be enough. Also are the Mandolorians related to the clones?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

rittchard wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:12 pm Also are the Mandolorians related to the clones?
On this, Attack of the Clones establishes that the genetic material of Jango Fett (who was a Mandalorian) was used to make the clones. So in effect the clones are copies of a Mandalorian (though the clones themselves are not Mandalorians, I guess culturally speaking).
Black Lives Matter.