Question for the OO Chicago horde

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Question for the OO Chicago horde

Post by Blackhawk »

I may need to make a run up to Chicago in the next couple of weeks (I'm about 200 miles away.) It would be a single-destination trip (we leave here, likely eat in the car, go to one place, talk to one person, and come home.) Are there any COVID-19 restrictions in place that might cause an issue?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: Question for the OO Chicago horde

Post by ImLawBoy »

I think you should be fine. You're supposed to wear a mask in public buildings and if you're outside where you can't maintain social distance, but you don't need it in your car or in a private residence. We don't wear them on our walks through the neighborhood because we stick to the side streets and avoid getting close to others who are walking.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Keep your windows down, do not make eye contact, and above all: talk to NO ONE.... well, except that one person whom you plan to talk to, of course.
Spoiler:
kidding, yeah - just masks for if you plan to go into Home Depot or something.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm Keep your windows down, do not make eye contact, and above all: talk to NO ONE.... well, except that one person whom you plan to talk to, of course.
Spoiler:
Shouldn't that be "keep your windows up"?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:ninja:

Well sure, if you want them all broken at the first stop-light.
Spoiler:
I can't seriously correct an already silly reply - have to double down here.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stessier wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:34 pm
Unagi wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm Keep your windows down, do not make eye contact, and above all: talk to NO ONE.... well, except that one person whom you plan to talk to, of course.
Spoiler:
Shouldn't that be "keep your windows up"?
It's not safe to shoot through windows. Plus it's expensive.

BH, mainly just wear a mask when out and about and you shouldn't have any issues. No travel restrictions or checkpoints or anything. Gas stations, groceries, and druve-thrus are all open.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Thanks. We use all the recommended precautions to begin with, even here where the county only has 29 cases. I was mostly concerned with local restrictions that I wasn't aware of due to the concentration there. I'd hate to drive four hours and be turned around.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Don't forget to stop at Lou Malnati's for a take-and-bake pizza. You can probably call in advance and they'll do curbside service.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a city block in Chicago that has 29 or fewer cases. My wife's suspicion that her current illness could be covid was that it had been less than 2 weeks since we ventured into the city to go to a Filipino supermarket.
Black Lives Matter