Fundraising for 2020/2021: Currently at $1431. Fundraising has begun, see the global post for options. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

How are you staying sane in 2020?

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Blackhawk
Loading…

Re: How are you staying sane in 2020?

Post by Blackhawk »

Jeff V wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:09 am
Blackhawk wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:29 am
Indiana fishing is... blech.
Really? You know, this a pretty big annual thing in Indiana. Especially if you like fly fishing and salmon.
There's a big difference between grabbing a pole on a free day and a trip that would require overnight accommodations. The latter might be an annual event, which is a poor option for a hobby.

Around here there are crappie, smallmouth bass, catfish, and carp. There is one lake that stocks trout, but when I say 'lake' I mean that a strong cast will hit the opposite bank, and it is usually crowded and over-fished.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I never bother with trout ponds anyway, they are always farm raised and you catch them with a piece of corn on a bobber.

Smallmouth fishing is awesome, though, especially on ultralight tackle.

I'd get out more often if my son showed any interested at all. As it stands, keeping the kids and wife's poles in the water is a full time job and I don't have time do any real fishing myself. I now live within a mile of the Fox River and last week saw a dude pull a 22" largemouth out of one of the ponds in my subdivision (about 100 yards from my front door).

Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk »

Well Im pretty much done repairing and touching up the house for that new insurance adjuster / inspector to show up. It rained this morn or Id have the painting part done. Its next. Nothing major. Few spots and windows edges. There one side of the house the entire eave needs painting.

The only other chores Ive set for myself is kitchen faucet replacement and getting some old window stickers off the car. got some Goo Gone ready for that.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Blackhawk
Loading…

Post by Blackhawk »

This hit really close to home.

With the lockdown, I've been maintaining 'the act' non-stop for months. I do it with the kids in order to be a parent, to make sure that they're getting their 'anything' time, that they're not getting too much 'anything' time, that they're not giving up on themselves or losing what they would normally get from school. I do it with Michelle in order to be there for her in what is already as stressful time for her (she's working full time doing physical labor with a broken knee.) I do it with friends when gaming in order to not come across as a complete asshole. And I think it is starting to slip. It isn't working anymore. For the last couple of months I have been failing to meet anyone's needs, my own included.

But there is no time and place that I can let down my guard and just be me. The only place I have is in a room full of people, full of noise, and full of light. There is no longer time and space for me to be me, and it has totally exhausted me. It's made me stressed, it's made me angry, it's made me frustrated, and it has made me snappy.

I need to be able to stop pretending to be a normal person and be able to be myself from time to time, and 'take 30 minutes here and there' doesn't work - that doesn't even give me time to get 'the act' taken down. I don't need a breather, I need to let go and be me. That takes isolation, and it takes time, and it needs to be in my own space. And that just isn't possible anymore, for which everyone is now paying the price.

Kraken
Loading…

Post by Kraken »

I treasure my morning walks in part because I start every day, weather willing, with an hour of me-time, plugged into my music and patrolling my route. If you can do that, it's a great way to center yourself for the day ahead.

Blackhawk
Loading…

Post by Blackhawk »

Kraken wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:49 am
I treasure my morning walks in part because I start every day, weather willing, with an hour of me-time, plugged into my music and patrolling my route. If you can do that, it's a great way to center yourself for the day ahead.
For me to get that break, I need to be autistic for a while. That means that I need to have time when I don't have to be burying my real personality and drives in order to be ready to function around others, and it means that I need to have 'my' space (IE - my stuff, my house) for a few hours at least a couple of times per week. That won't be happening anytime soon.

em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I dream of the day that everyone stops depending on me for everything. I don't even dare to ask anything of anyone for fear of how much more they would ask of me in return.
Waiting for the tide to bring me a sail.