The University shell game

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

The University shell game

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Article he mentions at the end of the thread:
This is because many colleges don’t actually run online programs themselves. They outsource much of the work to an obscure species of for-profit company that has figured out how to gouge students in new and creative ways. These companies are called online program managers, or OPMs, an acronym that could come right out of “Office Space.” They have goofy, forgettable names like 2U, HotChalk and iDesign. As the founder of 2U puts it, “The more invisible we are, the better.”
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Scuzz

Re: The University shell game

Post by Scuzz »

I think my niece got her Masters Degree from Arizona online. Would have been 2-3 years ago.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:shifty:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Scuzz wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:53 pm I think my niece got her Masters Degree from Arizona online. Would have been 2-3 years ago.
But not the University of Arizona Global Campus University, which is the old Ashford University. So she's good. But she may have to explain that a lot now.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT