Amazong Prime Day 2020

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Amazong Prime Day 2020

Post by Daehawk »

Oct 12-13. So starts at midnight tonight.

Gaming gift cards are 25% off.

Also more stuff listed here.

https://www.ign.com/articles/what-to-ex ... e-day-2020
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Re: Amazong Prime Day 2020

Post by hepcat »

I’m calling it Amazong from now on. How can I not?
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Amazong Prime Day 2020

Post by Carpet_pissr »

hepcat wrote:I’m calling it Amazong from now on. How can I not?
Can’t be wrong if it’s Amazong.

But may I submit
‘Amazong-a-Ding-Dong’
for consideration?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If it's from Amazong, it's not a deal.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

I hope to score the Nintendong Switch this time. It's been out of stock at my local retailers. Even Best Bong doesn't have it.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

:lol:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive been typing bad all night. Just a moment ago I was looking up theaters from the past on Cinema Treasures and I kept messing the words up. Even when I knew to watch and I was trying extra hard I messed them up..repeatedly. And Ive not taken anything today. Have had head pains the last few days. Maybe Im dying :)

Guess Ill leave the title for now.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I've called it "Amazot" ever since Wife said "Amazot don com" once years and years ago.

You had to be there.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Hoping for some fishing equipment deals
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

This is kinda random, but since we're talking about consumerism I tried to think of something I want or need, and I came up with pillows. I've woken up with neck pain every day this week, and I'm pretty sure it's because my cheap pillows are flat and dead. How does one buy quality pillows online without getting ripped off? Is there something like MyPillow, but not trumpy? Can I get it from Amazot?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:29 pm Ive been typing bad all night. Just a moment ago I was looking up theaters from the past on Cinema Treasures and I kept messing the words up. Even when I knew to watch and I was trying extra hard I messed them up..repeatedly. And Ive not taken anything today. Have had head pains the last few days. Maybe Im dying :)

Guess Ill leave the title for now.

Do you sleep? You post so much it makes me wonder.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Kraken wrote:This is kinda random, but since we're talking about consumerism I tried to think of something I want or need, and I came up with pillows. I've woken up with neck pain every day this week, and I'm pretty sure it's because my cheap pillows are flat and dead. How does one buy quality pillows online without getting ripped off? Is there something like MyPillow, but not trumpy? Can I get it from Amazot?
Are you really asking if you can buy a pillow from Amazon? :D
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Kraken wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:25 am This is kinda random, but since we're talking about consumerism I tried to think of something I want or need, and I came up with pillows. I've woken up with neck pain every day this week, and I'm pretty sure it's because my cheap pillows are flat and dead. How does one buy quality pillows online without getting ripped off? Is there something like MyPillow, but not trumpy? Can I get it from Amazot?
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/search/?s=pillows
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:25 am This is kinda random, but since we're talking about consumerism I tried to think of something I want or need, and I came up with pillows. I've woken up with neck pain every day this week, and I'm pretty sure it's because my cheap pillows are flat and dead. How does one buy quality pillows online without getting ripped off? Is there something like MyPillow, but not trumpy? Can I get it from Amazot?
Reviews here, but they are three years old

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/v ... hp?t=93853

also I've heard (but not experienced)

https://purple.com/pillows

But not exactly inexpensive.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:01 am
Kraken wrote:This is kinda random, but since we're talking about consumerism I tried to think of something I want or need, and I came up with pillows. I've woken up with neck pain every day this week, and I'm pretty sure it's because my cheap pillows are flat and dead. How does one buy quality pillows online without getting ripped off? Is there something like MyPillow, but not trumpy? Can I get it from Amazot?
Are you really asking if you can buy a pillow from Amazon? :D
No, I'm asking if I can find a specifically-recommended pillow on Amazon. There are a lot of expensive options out there ($200 for one pillow, really??), and no good way for me to judge them. Was kind of hoping for some personal recommendations.
LordMortis wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:32 am
Reviews here, but they are three years old

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/v ... hp?t=93853
That's what I had in mind, thx. I'll check those links later today.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Pillows are an item I have to touch to pick. Its not something I can buy sight unseen.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I'm really tempted by the Eero mesh WiFi 3-pack for $174, especially since the family is so dependent on reliable WiFi with remote schooling and working this year, but I'm leaning toward waiting for a deal or a lower price on the fancier version of Eero. I don't want to get a good deal on the $250 version just to find I really want the $400 version within the year.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I got a sleep pillow a while back. Okay but not worth $50.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I invested in a quality pillow a while back (shredded memory foam/bamboo cover, etc), and it was one of the best investments I've made. I also have a Purple seat cushion, and the material is amazing. I'd have gotten their pillow if I could afford it.

I did some early Christmas shopping to take advantage of the Prime Day specials. I'm getting myself a Paperwhite, which I'll have to put in the closet for two months ( :( ), plus I renewed my PS+ subscription at a sizeable discount, and picked up a few things for the family.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Some price checking of Amazon deals actually lead me to Menard's where I ordered some nice dry boxes for fishing/camping. Picked up a few molle pouches for them at Amazon though.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
A nonny mouse

Post by A nonny mouse »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 pm
I did some early Christmas shopping to take advantage of the Prime Day specials. I'm getting myself a Paperwhite, which I'll have to put in the closet for two months ( :( ), plus I renewed my PS+ subscription at a sizeable discount, and picked up a few things for the family.
At least with the paperwhite (Congrats! You will love it) you can sneak into the closet and read it! :D
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Only thing I bought were some bookshelf speakers for my daughter's record player. I have no idea how much discounted they were from their normal rate, but "Prime Day!" was as good excuse as any.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

B07MXDR9D8 Linenspa 2 Queen sized shredded memory foam pillows for 27.99. Regular sized 2 for 22.99
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I am kinda tempted to buy a router to replace my flaky one, but the flaky one (AC1200 I think) isn't terrible ENOUGH to warrant replacement yet. :-P

There's a Tenda Ac23 (AC2100 class) for $80 with extra 10% off. Doubt I can go any cheaper than that.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Found a decent deal on a spinning reel. Had $10 credit so I couldn't pass it up.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Kasey Chang wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:38 am
B07MXDR9D8 Linenspa 2 Queen sized shredded memory foam pillows for 27.99. Regular sized 2 for 22.99
Is that a personal recommendation? The reviews are good, so I'll most likely buy those when Wife tells me what she changed the Amazot password to.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I bought a Kindle Fire HD8 Kid Edition for our 6yo after his Fire 7 suddenly died a couple weeks ago (after almost three years of toddler abuse). The new Kindle retails for $140, but it's marked down to $80 for Prime Day...and we got an additional 20% off and $5 credit for trading in the busted Kindle Fire. Net cost for this replacement/upgrade? About $44 for a brand new Fire HD8 with case, two-year replacement plan, and a year of access to their kids content service (normally $7/month).

Thank you Prime Day!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Xmann wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:33 am Found a decent deal on a spinning reel. Had $10 credit so I couldn't pass it up.
You fish mainly in freshwater, right? That should make things a bit easier; while there are obviously differences between cheap and high-end reels, one of the things that makes many high-end reels pricey is the need to make them water-tight and resistant to saltwater erosion. This is especially important when kayak fishing when the reels tend to get splashed a loot. Despite washing down after use, I've had some cheap reels lock up on me after not very many uses. But that's not a huge concern when fishing freshwater.
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

For this Amazong Prime day, I opted to use a gift card I had from last month to pick up the Pathfinder 2e Special Edition Core Rulebook. I have a small weakness for attractive books, and I've been skimming the PDF version and liked what I saw.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Kraken wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:02 am Is that a personal recommendation? The reviews are good, so I'll most likely buy those when Wife tells me what she changed the Amazot password to.
Uh, no. The one I bought personally is no longer on Amazon (go figure). But that one seems to be the most economical one on Amazon with the same specs at the moment. I doubt the more expensive ones are that different, as they probably all came out the same Chinese factories.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Thanks to Prime Day I was able to find 12 TB WD external hdds for $175 at Best Buy and purchased six to replace the 6 TB drives in my home Synology. It has been time to replace most of disks, so this was a huge savings over buying WD Reds. Threads on Reddit confirm that shucking the drives for my use case is having success.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Kasey Chang wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:06 pm
Kraken wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:02 am Is that a personal recommendation? The reviews are good, so I'll most likely buy those when Wife tells me what she changed the Amazot password to.
Uh, no. The one I bought personally is no longer on Amazon (go figure). But that one seems to be the most economical one on Amazon with the same specs at the moment. I doubt the more expensive ones are that different, as they probably all came out the same Chinese factories.
Ordered them. Reviews were good and the price is right, and I didn't want to waste time shopping. They'll surely be an improvement on my years-old flat dead pillows.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Xmann wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:33 am Found a decent deal on a spinning reel. Had $10 credit so I couldn't pass it up.
You fish mainly in freshwater, right? That should make things a bit easier; while there are obviously differences between cheap and high-end reels, one of the things that makes many high-end reels pricey is the need to make them water-tight and resistant to saltwater erosion. This is especially important when kayak fishing when the reels tend to get splashed a loot. Despite washing down after use, I've had some cheap reels lock up on me after not very many uses. But that's not a huge concern when fishing freshwater.
Correct, I fish fresh water exclusively.

I grew up fishing with practically the cheapest Walmart gear because we simply could not afford anything more. We caught more fish than your average angler and I didn't know any difference.

I'm fortunately in the position to afford much better equipment these days and I can say the difference matters if you fish as much as I do.

This reel I picked up on Prime Day has been fantastic and a steal for what I was able to pick it up for.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs