Happy Thanksgiving....We've got movie sign!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Happy Thanksgiving....We've got movie sign!

Post by hepcat »

Happy Thanksgiving all! And a reminder that MST3K's annual Turkey Day marathon starts at 8am central today.

Watch it on pluto.tv or youtube.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Re: Happy Thanksgiving....We've got movie sign!

Post by Blackhawk »

We're having dinner with Michelle's mother today. She has enough sense to forbid the usual family gathering. Since we are her de-facto caretakers (she lives alone, but needs regular help), we're already in each others' "bubbles." That does, however, means a smaller dinner, and fewer people to do the cooking. I volunteered to do the ham, something I haven't done in probably 30 years and have no memory of how to do right. No worries, I went and read eight or ten recipes (to see what they did the same and what they did different) then read a couple of articles on what not to do and came up with a hybrid recipe that I think will have good results.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Happy Football and Turkey Day! Thanks to Covid, now with 33% less Football and 100% less turkey!
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:07 am Watch it on pluto.tv or youtube.
Or on Twitch. It's airing on both the MST3K and ShoutFactoryTV channels.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ive been wondering just how Macys was going to do that parade that isn't a parade. I tuned in few a sec online. its like some weird fake Star Trek set from the original series. Its like you're dreaming or something. Just ridiculous to bother. Theres no sound or anything , no music. Just background of the street they blocked off and filmed it the other day.

The only audio other than Mario Lopez at home is ads for Black Friday over and over.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm getting ready to go in there and fix it right now.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

dbt1949 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:08 pm I'm getting ready to go in there and fix it right now.
Fix the parade? I can see the headline now:

"Only Spectator at Macy's Parade Shoots at Balloons."
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Blackhawk wrote: No worries, I went and read eight or ten recipes (to see what they did the same and what they did different) then read a couple of articles on what not to do and came up with a hybrid recipe that I think will have good results.
That's pretty much what I do with a new recipe I want to cook. See what's (more or less) common to all of them, incorporate anything that may be cool, chuck out anything that doesn't make sense from prior cooking experience. It usually turns out well with fine tuning sometimes for future cooking.

Enjoy that ham! They make the best leftovers.

And being new dog owners this year we'll be taking a bigger interest in watching the National Dog Show today. I'm sure I'll be saying "Maddie, you can kick that pomeranian's ass!"

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Woke up this morning to the sounds of an alley party. Our neighbor has about 30 people in and around their garage which is decked out with a buffet and bar. All masked, fortunately, except when drinking. Considered sending the kids out to hang with the other kids but my wife and the neighbor mom and teenage son are feuding.

Doing a torfurky roast for the wife and daughter and a 3lb turkey breast for me and the boy. Looking forward to a relaxing day.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I asked my grandson what he is thankful for, and he said,"Pie and muffins."
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I don't think you want your kids to be disease vectors brining it home from the neighbor. Kids do take it seriously, and therefore aren't too disappointed not playing with other kids. When taking my son to school, if we get there early and lots of kids are queued waiting to get into the building, he'll stand off to the side and wait for every last one of them to go in the building before he approaches the paper-taker (I have to certify he's not symptomatic and print a paper to this effect every day). My daughter rode her bike to fetch him last week, and when I realized I did not her mask with me, she waited on the corner, away from people without being asked to do so. Biggest problem with her is getting the mask to stay on, I swear she has no cartilage in her ears.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I stuffed 3 turkeys...me, the chihuahua, and the german shepard....with turkey. I was pretty smart about the Thanksgiving meal. When I got my EBT this month I bought a frozen turkey breast. Not en entire turkey. Learned years ago from my wife that a breast was plenty for both of us since everyone else had passed on. So knew it would be fine for me and the little guys. We'll have turkey for a week. Also had picked up a platter of store prepared frozen dressing, a can of cranberry sauce( I love the can marvel) and a can of creamed corn. Just this week I grabbed a pack of Hawaiian rolls. Turkey came with a gravy pack which was actually good. It all turned out great. The turkey was so juicy and tender too.

Missing my wife and the pets that have gone too more than normal today but for what it was and what we had it was a good Thanksgiving meal.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I spent a couple of hours finishing an editing job to clear the rest of the weekend, then gave myself a haircut. Soon it will be naptime, and then I'll make nachos. I made practice nachos last night, and they were OK; tonight's will be almost perfect (I couldn't get yellow corn tortillas and had to settle for white, so the chips will be a bit thinner than I like). Since I only make nachos once a year I forget the finer points of time and temperature, hence the trial run.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

I'm thankful for waking up to a negative Covid test result.

We ordered hamburgers delivered for our Thanksgiving meal but we'll have roast chicken tonight as a nod to tradition.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Kraken wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:05 pm I spent a couple of hours finishing an editing job to clear the rest of the weekend, then gave myself a haircut. Soon it will be naptime, and then I'll make nachos. I made practice nachos last night, and they were OK; tonight's will be almost perfect (I couldn't get yellow corn tortillas and had to settle for white, so the chips will be a bit thinner than I like). Since I only make nachos once a year I forget the finer points of time and temperature, hence the trial run.
Nachos and haircuts. That pretty much mirrors the experience of our pilgrim forefathers.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont have a way to watch jeopardy now days but this was the message Alex had for todays pre recorded ep.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Turkey and all the sides eaten and leftovers placed in fridge. It’s the annual German Chocolate Cake and chocolate chip ice cream orgy in t-minus 30 minutes and counting.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Something from years back. Both original and song remix versions.

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Happy Thanksgiving from the Hentzau Family.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Post a photo from the year you wanted to be a double naught spy.
He won. Period.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

hentzau wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:14 pm Image
Happy Thanksgiving from the Hentzau Family.
Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction and Green Acres.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Loved Hillbillies and Green Acres. But why is Jethro dressed as a Centurion?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

3:50.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Had a nice day, even if most of it was spent cooking. Found a smallish turkey on Sunday (11.6 lbs), but it still took until today to thaw. Still did a dry brine on it yesterday and managed to get the rub under the skin today. It turned out fantastic and moist (if a bit salty). Also made Lentil and Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie (vegan), mashed yellow potatoes, stuffing (I call it stuffing even though I don't put it in the bird), roasted vegetables (rainbow carrots, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, red onion), and gravy. Wife made cranberry sauce and a (gluten-free/vegan) cherry/apple pie. I also threw a frozen Sara Lee pumpkin pie in the oven (younger son really wanted pumpkin pie).

Regarding MST3K, I actually recorded all 24 hours of their T-day marathon at one point in the 90s. I set alarms to make sure I could change the VHS tapes when necessary!
That's my purse! I don't know you!