AC Joint Separation: Grade 2

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Buatha

AC Joint Separation: Grade 2

Post by Buatha »

So, almost surviving 2020 without issue...I stumble chasing a Frisbee and tried rolling into it. Apparently, I have forgotten this valuable skill and came down on my shoulder, separating the AC joint at what appears to be ranked at Grade 2.

Anyone here have this happen? If so, did you go the non-surgery or surgery route? How did you rehab and how soon did it start if non-operative?

Thanks in advance.
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Isgrimnur

Re: AC Joint Separation: Grade 2

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Assassin’s Creed joint sounds serious.

Wiki says:
Grade II is a partial dislocation of the AC joint with a complete disruption tear of the AC joint and a partial disruption of coracoclavicular ligament. The AC gap is >5 mm. Grades I and II never require surgery and heal by themselves, though physical therapy may be required.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Buatha

Re: AC Joint Separation: Grade 2

Post by Buatha »

So, it seems to be Grade 2, but the doctor wanted to wait for a bit on a determination of course.

HOWEVER, the other train of thought was immediately building up the musculature around the scapula since the load is now increased on it. I'm a bit past 3 weeks and have full range of motion with very little to no pain, so I "feel" like I should be working on...something.

I mean, I see people doing minor pull-ups after a month or so like this guy:

or

"Some people say never...I just say no"