Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Happy New Year 2021!

Post by Daehawk »

Happy New Year ya'll!

On a side note : Fireworks! Oh joy. My dogs love fireworks. :evil:
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Scoop20906

Re: Happy New Year 2021!

Post by Scoop20906 »

Happy new “and hopefully back on a better track” year.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Love you all. Here's to better days ahead.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Here's to the New Year. May she be a damn sight better than the old one, and may we all be (able to get out of our) home before she's over.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I can't shake the memory of how eager we all were to put 2019 behind us. While we don't get a clean new start tomorrow -- the shade of 2020 is going to hang on for months, at least -- I do hope that we're through the worst of it.

I'm making two resolutions: (1) to stop using my phone as a coaster, and (2) to stop apologizing to my cat.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

How it started:

How we hope it will end:
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hey! I had that album.

Heck I remember when we looked forward to 2016 ending because of all the celebrity deaths that year.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

My resolution is to get deeper in debt and have more aches and pains.
It's not much but I have to start somewhere.
Happy New Year!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out, 2020.
Conform or be cast out!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Here's hoping that 2021 finishes a lot stronger than it's starting. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Kraken wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:51 pm I can't shake the memory of how eager we all were to put 2019 behind us. While we don't get a clean new start tomorrow -- the shade of 2020 is going to hang on for months, at least -- I do hope that we're through the worst of it.
I think we're going to want to lump January & February in with 2020, but then hopefully we will start to see some things getting better...
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Calendars are really arbitrary for anything besides financial reporting cadence.

A doctor was on the news this morning saying it's likely it will never be acceptable to go out or socialize without a mask.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Meal wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:48 am
Kraken wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:51 pm I can't shake the memory of how eager we all were to put 2019 behind us. While we don't get a clean new start tomorrow -- the shade of 2020 is going to hang on for months, at least -- I do hope that we're through the worst of it.
I think we're going to want to lump January & February in with 2020, but then hopefully we will start to see some things getting better...
I was going to post something more bleak as my mood has considerably darkened as I read the news this morning so all I’ll say is that we may have to lump in January-to let’s say May in with 2020. And if the Democrats don’t take the Senate in the GA runoff then it will be a bleak 2021. And don’t get me started on all the work that needs to be done to fix our clusterfuck of a response to the pandemic.

Would be so happy to be wrong...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

One thing I can say about SC after my first New Year’s here: they really like their fireworks. I don’t think I’ve ever seen/heard more fireworks going off any place I’ve lived. It really almost rivaled some professional displays except that they were coming from the houses all around me. My kitties were not very amused.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

About time! It's a new year, with a new mindset, an end distantly in sight, a new Pres...
Jeff V wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:51 am Calendars are really arbitrary for anything besides financial reporting cadence.

A doctor was on the news this morning saying it's likely it will never be acceptable to go out or socialize without a mask.
...and buzz killed.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:33 am About time! It's a new year, with a new mindset, an end distantly in sight, a new Pres...
Jeff V wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:51 am Calendars are really arbitrary for anything besides financial reporting cadence.

...and buzz killed.
"Never" is a long time. That said, I'll consider it a win if I can be comfortable with going to a play and eating in a restaurant again before the end of the year.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Happy New Year, all!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Also, this:

JCC

Post by JCC »

Yeah whatever our new normal is going to be - we are a long way away from it. I would guess Fall is the soonest "normal" will be here. Most healthy adults aren't going to be vaccinated until Spring/Summer at the earliest. And because there are too many incredibly stupid people in this country, many will never get vaccinated which will slow down the results of mass vaccination. I am not sure old normal is ever returning. I hope "more normal" will eventually get here.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

JCC wrote:Yeah whatever our new normal is going to be - we are a long way away from it. I would guess Fall is the soonest "normal" will be here. Most healthy adults aren't going to be vaccinated until Spring/Summer at the earliest. And because there are too many incredibly stupid people in this country, many will never get vaccinated which will slow down the results of mass vaccination. I am not sure old normal is ever returning. I hope "more normal" will eventually get here.
If I'm going to be optimistic, I'm hoping that we get to a "better than normal" someday. Or at least lay the foundation for a better country.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

That seems... unlikely. Unless Covid never stops cycling, maintains or increases its death rate, and/or we can't effectively vaccinate. But it also seems possible. I sure hope we figure out masks for sweaty bearded dudes by then. Being an out-of-shape fat f*ck, I really do struggle to breath in one if I'm minimally exerting myself.

But I kind of hope this does instill the value that we should be masking when we have a regular cold/flu. Though I don't know how the hell you take care of business while you're in the runny-nose phase. Maybe this will actually get employers/the government to give people paid sick days. (Lmao... I know, I know. Not in America. Never in America.)

Oh yeah, happy new year!

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sometime in the last 20+ years I must have had another piece of my adult puzzle slotted into place because the black eyed peas I just ate didn't make me gag. Ive always hated them and not even had them in decades. But with the new year and all I figured why not. Found them ok actually....and if you mash them up and add jalapeno pepper sauce they are actually good :) .

The jury is still out on the collards. I love turnip greens with some mustard greens mixed in. But collards are a tad rough. ...and tough. Taste fine. Its just the texture and toughness that gets me.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I've always loved black-eyed peas, but yeah, collards can be tough.

I think the traditional (white) Southern style of cooking greens with vinegar/garlic/salt/pepper is just too bland. You've got to take them in a soul-food direction with pot likker (or even just store-bought chicken broth, if you're in a hurry) and bacon grease and a whole lot more spicing than you might expect.

And you have to sop them with corn bread! That's what we're doing.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Happy new year, all. You're my favorite constant!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Growing up one of the few non German families in my hometown in rural Ohio, one of the few traditions I still carry with me is the New Year’s Day pork and sauerkraut.

...of course this also means my place smells like sauerkraut right now. :(

Happy New Years!
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hepcat wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:02 pm Growing up one of the few non German families in my hometown in rural Ohio, one of the few traditions I still carry with me is the New Year’s Day pork and sauerkraut.

...of course this also means my place smells like sauerkraut right now. :(

Happy New Years!
Need to make some slow cooker version of that.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I get boneless country ribs and Frank’s sauerkraut. Sear the ribs and then put it all in the crockpot on low for 8 hours. Meat just falls apart like butter.
He won. Period.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm not sure I want to eat meat the consistency of butter.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

While I enjoy a good stick of butter for dinner every now and again.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:18 pm I'm not sure I want to eat meat the consistency of butter.
Yes, you do.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:44 pm Happy new year, all. You're my favorite constant!
Raising a glass to that!

Happy New Year!
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Hey baby you must have a heavenly body, 'cause you're my cosmological constant.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter