NFL 2021 Postseason

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by $iljanus »

RunningMn9 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:46 am
malchior wrote:How does the NFL not look horrible in this Gruden business.
First, F Jon Gruden.

But where the NFL looks really bad here is that these emails are all coming from an investigation into the toxic workplace culture of the Washington Football Team. Yet there isn’t a single leak related to Dan Snyder. The NFL is clearly leaking these.

Why are they leaking damaging info on Gruden, but not Snyder? Presumably because Goodell works for Snyder, not Gruden.
Owners in the NFL are like being a "made man" in the Mafia. Gruden is expendable but you don't go against the owners...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Are we certain this isn't just a cover story to deflect the bigger embarrassment of losing to The Bears last week?
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

They really need to release all the WFT emails. Doing it like this raises way more questions than it answers.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Smart move. Chicago is where QB's go to die.
If Rodgers does end up leaving, there's one team he definitely won't be playing for in 2022 or ever, and that team is the Chicago Bears. During his press conference on Wednesday, the Packers quarterback was asked if he could ever see himself playing for the Bears and he didn't hesitate with his answer.

"No, no," Rodgers said, via Packerwire. "It's just not going to happen, man."
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

In real news - Cards just made a strong move :
Zach Ertz is a Philadelphia Eagles icon, that will be moving on from the only franchise he's ever played for. The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for cornerback Tay Gowan and a 2022 firth-round pick, the team announced.
Ertz with a real QB, and as a pass-blocker is going to do fantastic, IMHO.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 pm In real news - Cards just made a strong move :
Zach Ertz is a Philadelphia Eagles icon, that will be moving on from the only franchise he's ever played for. The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for cornerback Tay Gowan and a 2022 firth-round pick, the team announced.
Which round? First? Fifth? Fourth? Not often that you see a word misspelled in such a way that it could legitimately be three words, all of which make sense.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:42 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 pm In real news - Cards just made a strong move :
Which round? First? Fifth? Fourth? Not often that you see a word misspelled in such a way that it could legitimately be three words, all of which make sense.
They traded for Colin Firth.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

5th
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:52 pm
:D :D :D

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Zach Ertz is the #1 reason I made it a point to draft Travis Kelce the last few years in FF.

But this could be good for him...Greg Olson put up better numbers after leaving the Bears, and he was pretty excellent with the Bears. But Arizona doesn't use tight ends all that much, so we shall see.
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I just wanted to chime in while the Bills are still the team with the league's #1 scoring offense and #1 scoring defense. Since the opening day head scratcher against the Steelers, they've been scoring at a rate above the 2013 Denver Broncos, while allowing points at a rate very close to the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. I don't think I've ever seen a team with a +108 point differential this early in the season.

I approve, and would like this to continue. Hopefully this week is a revenge game against the Tennessee Titans for last year's debacle in Nashville. I had forgotten that the Bills only had like 2 days to prepare to play the Titans (we found out late in the week that we were playing them that Tuesday), and we went into the game missing 6 starters on defense, with another busted up. We enter this game with a completely healthy 53-man roster, and an extra day to prepare. Good luck tomorrow night boys!

Edit to add: To be +108 with a loss is nuts, and the second best point differential in the NFL is +62 by the only undefeated team.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

So today Nagy made it clear he needs firing. Burn a time out to decide whether to challenge a play? You challenge the play, and if you win it costs you nothing, if you lose, it costs you the same time out. They won the challenge, so net loss of one time out due to coach stupidity. The punchline was the 9th consecutive loss to the fucking Packers. He has only one job...his job could be safe forever if with a 2-15 record so long as those two wins are against the fucking Packers. Nagy seems oblivious to this, therefore he's got to go.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

That Patriots loss is going to sting for a while.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:43 pm
Well, not so fast. It's a "Firth Round Pick", which is the obscure portion of the draft where NFL teams can draft members of the Firth family. So you may get Colin Firth, but that's not guaranteed.
Black Lives Matter.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:45 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:43 pm
Well, not so fast. It's a "Firth Round Pick", which is the obscure portion of the draft where NFL teams can draft members of the Firth family. So you may get Colin Firth, but that's not guaranteed.
Can they pick which Colin Firth they trade for? A Kingsman Firth has got to be worth more than a King's Speech Firth.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Well if at Firth you don't succeed...
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I’m very annoyed by these MNF announcers continuing to call it the “red area”.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

stessier wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:11 am That Patriots loss is going to sting for a while.
I was completely ambivalent about the teams playing, but it was a hell of a game. Fantastic play on both sides.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

“Jackrabbit Jenkins”
“Jackrabbit Jenkins”
“Jackrabbit Jenkins”
“Jackrabbit Jenkins”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

stessier

Post by stessier »

Drama detailed by Wickersham.

Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke angers NFL owners with financial pivot related to lawsuit on St. Louis move, sources say
NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke might be trying to back away from his promise to cover tens of millions of dollars in legal expenses related to his team's 2016 departure from St. Louis, a revelation that angered many NFL owners when they learned of it Tuesday, sources told ESPN.

The legal update from NFL general counsel Jeff Pash, during the owners' first in-person meeting since December 2019, stunned many in the room, according to accounts from people who were there and others briefed on the proceedings.

The league, through a spokesperson, declined comment Wednesday. A Rams spokesperson also declined to comment.

The Rams and other owners are embroiled in a fierce, four-year lawsuit from the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority, which argues that the league broke its own relocation guidelines, misled the public on its plans to leave the city and cost the city millions in revenue. The league has lost many of its motions and was denied a hearing in the U.S. Supreme Court.

The case has entangled all 32 teams and cost millions in legal fees, which to this point have been mostly covered by Kroenke under an indemnification agreement he signed as part of the relocation. For some teams, the bills have run to eight figures.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Billionaires gonna bilk.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I saw the Chargers favored by 6 over the Patriots. I would bet the house on the Pats. This is the team that destroyed the Chargers last year with Cam at the helm.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:20 pm I saw the Chargers favored by 6 over the Patriots. I would bet the house on the Pats. This is the team that destroyed the Chargers last year with Cam at the helm.
The Chargers appear to be a *LOT* better this year. Pats are still growing. Also, the Pats scored 2 special teams TD's and Cam ran for 2. Past performance is not indicative of future performance ;)

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:41 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:20 pm I saw the Chargers favored by 6 over the Patriots. I would bet the house on the Pats. This is the team that destroyed the Chargers last year with Cam at the helm.
The Chargers appear to be a *LOT* better this year. Pats are still growing. Also, the Pats scored 2 special teams TD's and Cam ran for 2. Past performance is not indicative of future performance ;)
Yeah, this Patriots team is 1-4 so far against teams that aren't the Jets, so I'm not loving their odds against the Chargers. Now, they did *annihilate* the Jets last week, so maybe that's a sign that the team is gelling, that Mac Jones is figuring things out, etc., but I don't think that's likely.
Black Lives Matter.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I’m counting on you Chargers.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Well I saved my house but the Chargers are backsliding.

Anyway, right now is the best time of the year for the sports enthusiast. We have:

NFL
NBA
World Series
NCAA Football
NHL

Every night there is something to watch, often more than one.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Von Miller traded to the Rams for a couple of day 2 draft picks in 2022.
Hodor.
naednek

Post by naednek »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:05 pm Von Miller traded to the Rams for a couple of day 2 draft picks in 2022.
Jesus.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:43 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:41 pm
Yeah, this Patriots team is 1-4 so far against teams that aren't the Jets, so I'm not loving their odds against the Chargers. Now, they did *annihilate* the Jets last week, so maybe that's a sign that the team is gelling, that Mac Jones is figuring things out, etc., but I don't think that's likely.
Well, 2-4 now.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Derrick Henry potentially done for the season with a Jones fracture.

Jameis Winston is done for the season with an ACL tear and damage to the MCL.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:13 am Well I saved my house but the Chargers are backsliding.

Anyway, right now is the best time of the year for the sports enthusiast. We have:

NFL
NBA
World Series
NCAA Football
NHL

Every night there is something to watch, often more than one.
And next week is the start of college basketball. :horse:
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Uh, holy crap! Von Miller to the Rams
The Denver Broncos pulled off a blockbuster deal ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline, sending franchise icon Von Miller to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for a pair of Day 2 draft picks in 2022.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:31 pm Uh, holy crap! Von Miller to the Rams
The Denver Broncos pulled off a blockbuster deal ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline, sending franchise icon Von Miller to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for a pair of Day 2 draft picks in 2022.
You were BAM'd like 6 hours ago. 😀
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

stessier wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:55 pm
:lol:
Hodor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:02 pm
stessier wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:55 pm
:lol:
Yeah, it's the damn patriots fans clogging up the forum - didn't go high enough! ;)

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Trading a useful player for a couple of likely nobodies is hardly a blockbuster deal. I can only assume Denver didn't consider him worth the $$$ when his contract comes up. This is good news for Courtland Sutton, who happens to be on my FF team. It's a definite throw-in-the-towel move, more likely to ensure years of mediocrity to come rather than the converse.
Black Lives Matter
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

stessier wrote:Derrick Henry potentially done for the season with a Jones fracture.

I am a Saints fan and I have to admit to feeling relief to the news that Winston will not be our quarterback. I don't wish injury upon him, but goddamn I hated having that dude lead my team. This is for his personal issues and not his on-field play.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

McNutt wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:52 pm
stessier wrote:Derrick Henry potentially done for the season with a Jones fracture.

I am a Saints fan and I have to admit to feeling relief to the news that Winston will not be our quarterback. I don't wish injury upon him, but goddamn I hated having that dude lead my team. This is for his personal issues and not his on-field play.
Not a fan of crab legs?
Black Lives Matter