[Speculation] NFL Playoff Predictions

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

El Guapo

Re: [Speculation] NFL Playoff Predictions

Post by El Guapo »

Any idea whether Mahomes plays on Sunday? That seems determinative to the winner of the AFC game.

NFC side I think the Packers will win, though I wouldn't mind seeing Brady pull another comeback win.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Patrick Mahomes injury update: Chiefs QB practices on Wednesday, playoff status still unclear
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:43 pm
Patrick Mahomes injury update: Chiefs QB practices on Wednesday, playoff status still unclear
My thought: If he can practice you don't hold him out of the biggest game of the year.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I *really* think he should continue to rest and recover through the weekend... in my entirely unbiased opinion.

Also Packers because Brady.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:44 pm
My thought: If he can practice you don't hold him out of the biggest game of the year.
I don't think it's a coaching decision - I think it's a concussion protocol decision. Besides, you want a Michigan QB in for your biggest games, so I'm guessing Chad Henne starts regardless.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:54 pm
Jaymann wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:44 pm
I don't think it's a coaching decision - I think it's a concussion protocol decision. Besides, you want a Michigan QB in for your biggest games, so I'm guessing Chad Henne starts regardless.
Yeah I think if it's up to Mahomes and the Chiefs, he definitely plays. But if it's up to bureaucratic pencil pushers who want to nanny state everyone in the name of people "not dying" and not having "crippling mental decay later in life", then it's less clear.
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I believe practicing is considered step 3 of 5 step process needed to return to game action. I believe if the team doctor thinks he is ready to play, the ultimate decision then goes to "independent" neurologists. That said, I would be shocked if he's held out.
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Update: In a complete shocker, Mahomes has been cleared to play Sunday.
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:17 pm Update: In a complete shocker, Mahomes has been cleared to play Sunday.
If I'm the Chiefs, I'm much more concerned about that big toe on his left foot. They are lucky we don't have a Suh on the roster who would cleat stomp that toe in the first few plays, "accidentally".
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Packers
Bills

My reasons are I think Rodgers has more to work with, I think that's the main edge that will be apparent in that game. I think Mahomes is technically able to play but I'm not convinced he'll be on his game or will last the entire game.

edit: Turning that interception into a touchdown in the last minute is a big deal. That's why Tom Brady is Tom Brady I guess.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Gaaaah! Brady in the SB. At least the Packers go down like scum. Go Bills (or Chiefs).
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

WTF? Down by 8, 4th and goal with 2 minutes left...kick a field goal? :doh:
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

[Speculation] NFL Playoff Predictions

Post by RunningMn9 »

Pretty confident that the fans of 31 franchises are about to become Bills or Chiefs fans. If the 2020 season ends with the Bills finally making it to the Super Bowl....only to lose to Tom fucking Brady, I will know that I am living in a simulation designed to torture me.

That would be soul-crushing.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:24 pm Pretty confident that the fans of 31 franchises are about to become Bills or Chiefs fans. If the 2020 season ends with the Bills finally making it to the Super Bowl....only to lose to Tom fucking Brady, I will know that I am living in a simulation designed to torture me.

That would be soul-crushing.
Bucs/Chiefs would feel like the universe is balanced, a passing of the torch. Bucs/Bills would, with Brady winning, would feel like the universe was insane and malicious lol. The Bills' first round of SB misfortunes was unbelievable to me. To see them undergo another round by losing to Bucs Tom Brady and not even Patriots Tom Brady would be unbelievable times infinity.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Agreed. I would almost wish to lose to not face Brady on his home turf. Just imagine how insufferable the commentary would be.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:06 pm WTF? Down by 8, 4th and goal with 2 minutes left...kick a field goal? :doh:
That really surprised me.
I was also surprised that the Packers' defense kept giving Rogers another chance and they couldn't score. Was that three Bucs drives that ended with an interception?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:30 pm Agreed. I would almost wish to lose to not face Brady on his home turf. Just imagine how insufferable the commentary would be.
Of all seasons, this would have to be the least possible home field advantage once could hope for. Having lived there only one season and without much fans in the stands, the factors that give the canonical +3 advantages are rather squishy this year.

It's going to come down to which mediocre defense shows up to play. I'd guess the O/U on a Chiefs-Bucs matchup will be north of 60; which of course means we're in for a battle of kickers with scores in the single digits.
Black Lives Matter
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

The Chiefs got it done without much trouble. If I was a Bucs fan the thing that would keep me from feeling it was hopeless is Tom Brady is QB. He's beatable in the SB, Eli Manning proved that. But he also pulled off that comeback vs Atlanta. He's the one guy in the league who I wouldn't automatically assume will lose to a Mahomes led Chiefs team in the SB.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

McNutt wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:58 pm
Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:06 pm WTF? Down by 8, 4th and goal with 2 minutes left...kick a field goal? :doh:
That really surprised me.
I was also surprised that the Packers' defense kept giving Rogers another chance and they couldn't score. Was that three Bucs drives that ended with an interception?
For some reason after the first two INTs, the Packers decided to never run the ball. That let the Bucs defense tee up on Rodgers and blitz every time. It perhaps was not a coincidence that when they started running the ball, the drove down to the red zone. Unfortunately for them, Rodgers didn't try to run it on 3rd down and then their coach inexplicably decided to kick a FG that changed absolutely nothing on 4th down. :grund:

The Chiefs looked pretty good last night, but the loss of Eric Fisher is going to hurt them in the SB.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, neither game had the outcome I wanted.

Allen was fooled at least twice on those sideline routes and almost picked. The line couldn't pick up the blitz. And Allen tried to do much when pressured, leading to huge yardage losses.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:25 am Well, neither game had the outcome I wanted.

Allen was fooled at least twice on those sideline routes and almost picked. The line couldn't pick up the blitz. And Allen tried to do much when pressured, leading to huge yardage losses.
Yes, but Mahomes! Definitely my favorite quarterback of all week.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I, for one, am looking forward to the battle of University of Michigan QBs in the Super Bowl. On one side, we have Michigan's all-time leading passer. On the other side, we have Tom Brady. Should be fun!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:44 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:25 am Well, neither game had the outcome I wanted.

Yes, but Mahomes! Definitely my favorite quarterback of all week.
Time to switch to my college alumni allegiance.

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:12 pm I, for one, am looking forward to the battle of University of Michigan QBs in the Super Bowl. On one side, we have Michigan's all-time leading passer. On the other side, we have Tom Brady. Should be fun!
Chad Henne's Super Bowl ring will polish up just like Mahomes. Mabye you can get an autographed clipboard.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

That Mahomes kid is pretty damn good. It will be worth the Bills sacrifice to see Mahomes take down Brady. You'd best get it done Mahomes!

Also I am now up to 0.7 pro football games watched this year. I am way ahead of schedule.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Now that he’s no longer on the Patriots, I’ve strangely converted to rooting for Brady, especially when he’s throwing the ball to Gronk. I’ve always grudgingly liked Gronk, even when he was a Patriot, and Brady has two things going for him in terms of my rooting priorities: (1) he’s a legit underdog; and (2) he’s old as dirt.

Old guys have to stick together!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Gronk is an AZ Wildcat, so I can't dislike him too much.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm glad that everyone is finally on board with Tom Brady.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fuck Tom Brady.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I have a hunch if Mahomes gets 3 turnover possessions he won't walk away empty handed.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Fun fact: as of two weeks from now Tom Brady will have appeared in 18% of all Super Bowls.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:41 am Fun fact: as of two weeks from now Tom Brady will have appeared in 18% of all Super Bowls.
I haven't been checking in this year, but has it already been covered that Brady is 5 weeks younger than Antoine Winfield Sr. who played at Ohio State while Brady was at Michigan and who is the father of Antoine Winfield Jr, the current Bucs safety?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

OK, it's time for Stupor Bowl predictions.

I am going with the Bucs to win straight up as that would be the worst possible outcome.

C'mon MaHolmes prove me wrong.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Well as predicted.

Much as I would usually enjoy seeing Mahomes getting shellacked, the Brady fawning will be unbearable for a decade or two.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:10 am Much as I would usually enjoy seeing Mahomes getting shellacked, the Brady fawning will be unbearable for a decade or two.
The dude now has 7 Super Bowl rings and 5 Super Bowl MVPs. That seems pretty fawn-worthy to me.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The defensive line should have gotten MVP.

McNutt

Post by McNutt »

The Chiefs' offensive line made it impossible for Mahomes to succeed. He was running for his life. I'm not taking away anything from the Bucs. They earned that victory with a great offense to go along with the lopsided line.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:55 am The Chiefs looked pretty good last night, but the loss of Eric Fisher is going to hurt them in the SB.
I knew his loss would hurt, but I didn't think it would hurt that much! The Chiefs just couldn't give Mahomes any time to throw. Hard to get the offense going when you're QB is running for his life (on a bad toe, no less). Although I'm a bit surprised the Chiefs didn't run more draws, quick throws, or screens, which is often effective against the rush.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Glad that Brady (and, you know, Tampa Bay) won, though I wish that the game was a little closer, and also wish that penalties didn't play as important a role in the first half. Also my son, who was rooting for the Chiefs because he loves Mahomes, was super bummed to a surprising degree.

Also it was nice to see the Brady - Gronk connection in the Super Bowl again.

But yeah, the lack of an OL was a significant problem for the Chiefs.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Excited Tampa Bay Residents Wish They Had An Actual City To Tear Apart.
TAMPA, FL—Looking for even one place to express their jubilation over the first Buccaneers championship in nearly two decades, excited Tampa Bay residents reportedly wished Sunday that they had an actual city to tear apart in celebration. “What am I supposed to do—knock down a palm tree?” said diehard Bucs fan Greg Fulton, echoing the sentiment of dozens of Tampa natives, who despaired over the lack of any centralized or meaningful public space to destroy. “I guess I could smash in the windows of a Denny’s, but what’s the point? We don’t really have one street here where everyone congregates. I don’t want to drive all the way downtown if no one else is going to be there. Not like there’s much worth vandalizing over there to begin with.” At press time, frustrated Tampa Bay residents had resorted to flipping over their own cars.
Black Lives Matter.