We're getting old (OO medical complaints)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

dbt1949

Re: We're getting old (OO medical complaints)

Post by dbt1949 »

I have never hit the roof. Seems silly.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949

Post by Default »

I did way too much this week, so they are going to have to restitch my incision. Instead of taking them out in a week, the doc is going to leave them in for three. Now I have to wear a boot and not do dumb stuff, like unloading furniture from the car.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

On the plus side, you'll have a well-furnished car.

Post by Default »

Yes, it's the only Subaru with an authentic pipe organ!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Default wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 am Yes, it's the only Subaru with an authentic pipe organ!
Just in time for Halloween! Connect it to your horn and program it to play Bach's Toccata and Fugue.
Black Lives Matter

Post by Default »

Instead of just stitching me up again, they are going to reslice my foot, putting me under and forcing me to have them transport me to and from surgery. Thanks for the notice, folks! Now I really have to sit on the sofa and do nothing. I'm pretty sure that the clutch pedal had a lot to do with this, what with all the driving I did recently.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

SnarlQuigmire wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:45 pm Haven’t been on here in a long while,but saw this and figured I’d post since I’m going through similar issues.Almost to 40 years old and my body starts giving me the finger.Found out abt 6 months ago I have Crohns disease,and have to take injections similar to what a diabetic does every 8 weeks.Stomach hurts like hell most days,worst pain I’ve ever been through.Meds help,so does staying away from foods that aggravate the disease.
About two months ago,after prodding from my wife cause of constant high numbers,find out i have high blood pressure as well,taking meds for it too.Apparently I was closer to a stroke then I realized.
It’s hell getting old gents,and I’m not even up there in age yet.
I feel for you, That's about when I was diagnosed with Crohn's. It has not been a fun journey. For me the pain isn't bad, but the other problems plus the exhaustion associated with it have become debilitating. Getting diagnosed, they also found heart problems and I had a stent put in my LAD. Take care of yourself... Better than I have...
stessier

Post by stessier »

My Dr. had a cancellation, so I get a visit tomorrow instead of having to wait until Nov 15th. Looking forward to getting this figured out.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Going for cardiac stress test in two weeks. Shit is about to get real, apparently.

I've been told nothing is wrong and this is all just to get a baseline while I'm "healthy", but I feel like I'm far too young to be doing this.

I think I just need more pill-based prevention. I'm a fan.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Plantar fasciiitis. Oh my God this sucks.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

ImLawBoy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:40 pm Plantar fasciiitis. Oh my God this sucks.
Oh yeah, it does. Get some braces designed for it. Clearned mine up in a couple of days.
Black Lives Matter
SnarlQuigmire

Post by SnarlQuigmire »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:38 pm
SnarlQuigmire wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:45 pm Haven’t been on here in a long while,but saw this and figured I’d post since I’m going through similar issues.Almost to 40 years old and my body starts giving me the finger.Found out abt 6 months ago I have Crohns disease,and have to take injections similar to what a diabetic does every 8 weeks.Stomach hurts like hell most days,worst pain I’ve ever been through.Meds help,so does staying away from foods that aggravate the disease.
About two months ago,after prodding from my wife cause of constant high numbers,find out i have high blood pressure as well,taking meds for it too.Apparently I was closer to a stroke then I realized.
It’s hell getting old gents,and I’m not even up there in age yet.
I feel for you, That's about when I was diagnosed with Crohn's. It has not been a fun journey. For me the pain isn't bad, but the other problems plus the exhaustion associated with it have become debilitating. Getting diagnosed, they also found heart problems and I had a stent put in my LAD. Take care of yourself... Better than I have...
My pains have only gotten bad when i eat something i shouldnt,which after the digestion was horrible.Felt like someone dragged a knife through my stomach.Made me lose my breath for a second.Freaked me out too lol.So far my triggers are beef jerky,and anything greasy.Eating those will mess me up for a couple days.They put me on Humira,that didnt help.Doc next tried Stelara,which is what he originally wanted to put me on.But that good ole health insurance wanted to try the cheapest route first.The Stelara seems to be helping,so i cant complain.No more pains so far but jeez my stomach has been tore up.Cant go anywhere for fear of not being around a restroom.Ive also found the injections drain all energy.I feel so tired for a few days.
My wife has it as well and has fought it for around 20 years now.Hers is really bad,she has to get an IV infusion every 8 weeks.

Well its a good thing they found your heart issue,before it got any worse than what it is.Hopefully everything goes well for you sir.
Death from Below!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

OK, I don't know what is worse...my sleep apnia or my aged dog, who lately demands I let her out 4 times every night. I almost fall asleep when the dog demands to be let out. It's rather frustrating.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

SnarlQuigmire wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:01 pm My pains have only gotten bad when i eat something i shouldnt,which after the digestion was horrible.Felt like someone dragged a knife through my stomach.Made me lose my breath for a second.Freaked me out too lol.So far my triggers are beef jerky,and anything greasy.Eating those will mess me up for a couple days.They put me on Humira,that didnt help.Doc next tried Stelara,which is what he originally wanted to put me on.But that good ole health insurance wanted to try the cheapest route first.The Stelara seems to be helping,so i cant complain.No more pains so far but jeez my stomach has been tore up.Cant go anywhere for fear of not being around a restroom.Ive also found the injections drain all energy.I feel so tired for a few days.
My wife has it as well and has fought it for around 20 years now.Hers is really bad,she has to get an IV infusion every 8 weeks.

Well its a good thing they found your heart issue,before it got any worse than what it is.Hopefully everything goes well for you sir.
Humira was pretty bad for me. The insurance co rejected Stelara. I now sit in a chair at an infusion center every 8 weeks for Remicaid. The exhaustion I know all too well. Luck to all three of us.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

You people are all in bad shape. I mean I'm dying and hurting all the time but I don't have any of that stuff. Everything with me has to do with being fat and diabetic.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
stessier

Post by stessier »

stessier wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:04 pm My Dr. had a cancellation, so I get a visit tomorrow instead of having to wait until Nov 15th. Looking forward to getting this figured out.
And the result is nothing is obviously wrong. There was evidence of a fissure, but it might have been old - nothing active. I have been feeling a bit better...not biting a towel like last Thursday...so maybe whatever it was started healing after I stopped the suppositories. Got some medicine to apply and go back in two weeks. Hopefully I continue to improve - I'm really tired of fearing the bathroom and not being able to run.

Oh, and the exam was unpleasant. He said if I'm not better in two weeks, that he'd probably have to sedate me as it didn't look like I could handle any further examination. This was said in a manner that suggested most people were able to handle more. In this one instance, I am perfectly fine being a wimp as I cannot fathom a more thorough exam.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As someone that is married to a person that is currently trying to figure out what is going on and is only getting information back about what it isn't, I can certainly sympathize. While I get that ruling things out is important, not having an answer for what's happening after months and months of health issues (and testing) is beyond frustrating.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

On the plus side, the strained ligament in my knee is about 70-80% healed. I still get a twinge if I twist it in the wrong direction.This may be as good as it gets.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got my dermatologist appt set for Nov. Said if there was a cancellation they could get me in sooner as it seems many cancel. I said no thanks no hurry. :) So mole removal, places checked that dont seem right to me on my face, and a full check. Im guessing they wont be checking the skin in 'certain' places so can go commando! woo..maybe not.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
SnarlQuigmire

Post by SnarlQuigmire »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:57 am
SnarlQuigmire wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:01 pm My pains have only gotten bad when i eat something i shouldnt,which after the digestion was horrible.Felt like someone dragged a knife through my stomach.Made me lose my breath for a second.Freaked me out too lol.So far my triggers are beef jerky,and anything greasy.Eating those will mess me up for a couple days.They put me on Humira,that didnt help.Doc next tried Stelara,which is what he originally wanted to put me on.But that good ole health insurance wanted to try the cheapest route first.The Stelara seems to be helping,so i cant complain.No more pains so far but jeez my stomach has been tore up.Cant go anywhere for fear of not being around a restroom.Ive also found the injections drain all energy.I feel so tired for a few days.

Humira was pretty bad for me. The insurance co rejected Stelara. I now sit in a chair at an infusion center every 8 weeks for Remicaid. The exhaustion I know all too well. Luck to all three of us.
Thats exactly what my wife does and the exact same meds they give her.Shes usually exhausted all weekend(hers is always on a Friday) and by Sunday shes tired and nauseated all day.I hate what it does to her,so if it does the same for you i feel for you after seeing what she goes through.My insurance rejected Stelara at first,but when the Humira did nothing my doctor requested it until they agreed,idk how all that works.I go back to the infusion center November 22nd for them to show us how to do my injections and do lab work😐not major but i hate getting poked and prodded.I guess thats life now
Death from Below!
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

My dogs are real good at mole removal.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949

Post by Default »

After the second foot slicing, the doc is pleased after the five day follow-up. I get yet a different boot, three prescriptions for different antibiotics and I can walk unaided, but not too much. In two weeks, I get the stitches out and then I can go back to work in some capacity. Maybe I can finally stop watching Korean soap operas.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:37 pm Going for cardiac stress test in two weeks. Shit is about to get real, apparently.

I've been told nothing is wrong and this is all just to get a baseline while I'm "healthy", but I feel like I'm far too young to be doing this.

I think I just need more pill-based prevention. I'm a fan.
If this is the nuclear test where they take pictures before and after make sure you aren’t taking any medication that could effect it. If it is just a normal treadmill test with an EKG then it is pretty easy.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just the exercise (treadmill) version, thankfully.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

This morning, I went on the inaugural walk with a newly-formed FB group from my subdivision. Pretty much it's old, retired people (and I live in a sub division loaded with young families and lots of kids). The founder of this group is the crossing guard at my son's school -- she is turning 70 this year. My wife didn't want to come because she's not supposed to fraternize with the customers. Most of them are retired, and I might as well be if I can't find a job that'll get me by the next decade. It was an enjoyable walk, although I suspect if i continue down this path, I'm going to get pressed into doing things for the old folks in the 'hood.
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Scuzz wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:46 pm If this is the nuclear test where they take pictures before and after make sure you aren’t taking any medication that could effect it.
I've had two of those nuclear stress tests, both because some new doctor didn't like a little "funny" I have on my EKG. The first was with the treadmill, which was OK. The second one, instead of a treadmill, they give you an injection of something and have you go sit for a half hour. By the time they came and got me my pulse was up, I was sweating and I had a headache. Apparently that was the what they were looking for :?, they give you that instead of putting you on a treadmill. They did the second scan and, surprise, my heart was fine, again.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:50 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:40 pm Plantar fasciiitis. Oh my God this sucks.
Oh yeah, it does. Get some braces designed for it. Clearned mine up in a couple of days.
Ditto this. I ordered a brace from Amazon and after using it a few days I was fine.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

jztemple2 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:40 pm
Scuzz wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:46 pm If this is the nuclear test where they take pictures before and after make sure you aren’t taking any medication that could effect it.
I've had two of those nuclear stress tests, both because some new doctor didn't like a little "funny" I have on my EKG. The first was with the treadmill, which was OK. The second one, instead of a treadmill, they give you an injection of something and have you go sit for a half hour. By the time they came and got me my pulse was up, I was sweating and I had a headache. Apparently that was the what they were looking for :?, they give you that instead of putting you on a treadmill. They did the second scan and, surprise, my heart was fine, again.
That sounds like what they did to me. Nobody told me to lay off my daily meds before doing the test. That shot was really nasty stuff.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

For those of you who have doctors recommending you take an aspirin a day for you heart still recommend you keep on taking it?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

We got our Moderna booster shots Thursday evening and it wasn't till Saturday morning I felt human again, after starting to feel lousy Friday midday. Friday night it was really tough trying to get some decent sleep. My wife reacted even worse, feeling bad all through Friday and Saturday. So far warning for those going for your booster shots, you might have a crappy next day and therefore might want to avoid scheduling anything mandatory.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Crappy as in? Sick stomach? Fever? Feeling weiIird? What?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I had to double my diabetes meds, and add a third one. The old dosage isn't enough to keep down my blood sugar.

And thus I found to my dismay that both of the pharmacies next to me priced the third med at a rate FAR HIGHER than anyone else in the city. :-P

A 90-day supply of Actos w/ no insurance is $27 at Costco, but 212 at CVS, and $262 at Walgreens. And that's with the maximum discount I can find at Goodrx.

I need to ask my doc to write me a prescription for 60 days for Actos alone, as I had no time and I got 30-day supply at CVS at the steeper rate. But I'll be ****ed if I keep paying that stupid rate.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Formix

Post by Formix »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:17 am Crappy as in? Sick stomach? Fever? Feeling weiIird? What?
For my booster, it was essentially bad flu symptoms and a skull buster of a headache that meds couldn't do anything about....and it lasted three days.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I've received three doses of the Pfizer vaccine, and the worst effects they've had on me was a sore arm and great naps. (Born in 1973, FWIW.)
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Formix wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:37 am
Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:17 am Crappy as in? Sick stomach? Fever? Feeling weiIird? What?
For my booster, it was essentially bad flu symptoms and a skull buster of a headache that meds couldn't do anything about....and it lasted three days.
As Formix said, although I didn't have a headache, just general body aches, fatigue and listlessness. No nausea or bowel irritations and my throat and lungs were fine.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:12 am
Formix wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:37 am
As Formix said, although I didn't have a headache, just general body aches, fatigue and listlessness. No nausea or bowel irritations and my throat and lungs were fine.
In other words, Tuesday.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

dbt1949 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:45 pm For those of you who have doctors recommending you take an aspirin a day for you heart still recommend you keep on taking it?
My doctor hasn't changed anything on this front yet.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

dbt1949 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:45 pm For those of you who have doctors recommending you take an aspirin a day for you heart still recommend you keep on taking it?
I do but it is supposed to help with the stent they put in my LAD.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I had been taking it, but my cardiologist stopped me a few year back saying the benefits didn't outweigh the risks (bleeding) for me. It was something that was universally recommended for a long time, but they seemed to have dialed it back based on individual risk.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I just got a message from the VA that said to keep taking it.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949