MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Octavious

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by Octavious »

Summary the Mets fans are sick of this shit. :lol: Cohen would have to try pretty hard to do much worse than he did in his first season. With people getting fired before the season, players dropping left and right, blowing a huge lead in the division in the span of a month. It's just a fundamentally broken organization and it's going to take years to right that ship. We'll see if he just loses patience after a few years and dumps the team. :|
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh and you would expect a team to be all fired up after all the nonsense the last few days... It's the 5th inning and they have 2 hits. I think I've seen this story once or twice this season. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

And they score 5 runs in the 9th to come back. Person who scored the run? Baez because of course.

Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

$iljanus wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:58 pmBut if the Dodgers go all the way and Turner and Scherzer win another ring, I’m really happy for them! Harper can still suck it though after going to the Phillies a few years ago :twisted:
That's so mean. Harper always seems to enjoy coming down to DC to visit. ;)

You only need to watch the first 30 seconds or so of this video..

Conform or be cast out!
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Thanks Brewers!
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well if we want to go into classic Mets form they will go on a tear and get within a couple of games and then face plant. Considering their schedule until the end of next week there's a solid shot at that. They really just don't have a good enough team. Need more starters and need at least a couple of guys that at least try and hit for average. I really don't want to see Conforto on the team next year unless they somehow get him for cheap. He's only had I think 1 good season. He's just not that good move on....

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

On top of the Red Sox ongoing faceplant they're now facing a team COVID outbreak. Lots of key players, now including Xander Bogaerts, Kike Hernandez, Christian Arroyo, Matt Barnes (not that I miss him that much right now) and a number of other relievers and coaching staff are out.

It's funny, what I'm most annoyed about regarding the outbreak (I'm assuming for the moment that everyone will be substantially fine health wise) is that this'll become a handy excuse for management for missing out on a wild card spot, so that they can ignore their shitty team construction.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Octavious wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:38 am Well if we want to go into classic Mets form they will go on a tear and get within a couple of games and then face plant. Considering their schedule until the end of next week there's a solid shot at that. They really just don't have a good enough team. Need more starters and need at least a couple of guys that at least try and hit for average. I really don't want to see Conforto on the team next year unless they somehow get him for cheap. He's only had I think 1 good season. He's just not that good move on....
Aren't they still missing deGrom and Syndegaard?
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Lorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:55 am
Octavious wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:38 am Well if we want to go into classic Mets form they will go on a tear and get within a couple of games and then face plant. Considering their schedule until the end of next week there's a solid shot at that. They really just don't have a good enough team. Need more starters and need at least a couple of guys that at least try and hit for average. I really don't want to see Conforto on the team next year unless they somehow get him for cheap. He's only had I think 1 good season. He's just not that good move on....
Aren't they still missing deGrom and Syndegaard?
Yup... I really don't think either will pitch again this year. Well Noah hasn't pitched at all.

malchior

Post by malchior »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:42 amIt's funny, what I'm most annoyed about regarding the outbreak (I'm assuming for the moment that everyone will be substantially fine health wise) is that this'll become a handy excuse for management for missing out on a wild card spot, so that they can ignore their shitty team construction.
They are also potentially helping the Yankees recover from a very bad start of the season. I'm sure Brian Cashman is breathing easier right now. 8-)
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:42 amThanks Brewers!
Gonna be in interesting weekend... Hope we can healthy by then.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:30 pm
Lorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:42 amThanks Brewers!
Gonna be in interesting weekend... Hope we can healthy by then.
Oh please. That's amusing looking at the many injuries all of the good teams have suffered. Win with what you brung as they say.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The Red Sox have five more games this season against the Rays (tonight & tomorrow at the Trop, then three at Fenway next week). It's a real question as to whether the Sox will win any of them. I'd happily take two wins out of those.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Extensive ESPN article on where Bauer's MLB case is.

They think Bauer will never play again for MLB. I don't agree. I think he'll find a home in some southern state where evangelicals will believe she got what she deserved and will be fine with what he did. He won't play in California again and he won't play for the Dodgers, but I do think there's a home for him in the south.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Lorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:39 pm Extensive ESPN article on where Bauer's MLB case is.

They think Bauer will never play again for MLB. I don't agree. I think he'll find a home in some southern state where evangelicals will believe she got what she deserved and will be fine with what he did. He won't play in California again and he won't play for the Dodgers, but I do think there's a home for him in the south.
Kind of preachy for a team that kept Julio Urias.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I would be very surprised if you see him on a team again. Nobody wants to deal with his crap and his baggage. And he might just be in jail anyway. ;)

On a side note the Mets acting GM Zack Scott arrested for drunk driving. Because of course... :lol:

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:48 pm
Lorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:39 pm Extensive ESPN article on where Bauer's MLB case is.

So what Bauer did is equivalent to what Urias did? Why do you say such shit? To be annoying? What exactly is the deal LBF???? I don't recall that woman going to the hospital or needing to go to the hospital or was even hurt? Same thing really??? That' what you see?
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Lorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:24 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:48 pm

So what Bauer did is equivalent to what Urias did? Why do you say such shit? To be annoying? What exactly is the deal LBF???? I don't recall that woman going to the hospital or needing to go to the hospital or was even hurt? Same thing really??? That' what you see?
Urias was suspended by MLB for violating the domestic abuse policy. He was pitching for the Dodgers the day his suspension was up. I'm just saying that just about every MLB team lives in a glass house.

It's not like teams in southern states have a monopoly on abusers nor would the MLB allow them to sign whoever they want regardless of past history.

Such shit?

he'll find a home in some southern state where evangelicals will believe she got what she deserved and will be fine with what he did
I mean this is kind out there too.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
naednek

Post by naednek »

It's on! The weekend that will decide who will be the NL champ. Will the dodgers choke? one can only hope. Giants will have to dig deep as they have been battered this last week.

Will Lorini give up on her team yet again? We will see :P
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:18 pm The Red Sox have five more games this season against the Rays (tonight & tomorrow at the Trop, then three at Fenway next week). It's a real question as to whether the Sox will win any of them. I'd happily take two wins out of those.
You must be quite happy today.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:28 am
El Guapo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:18 pm The Red Sox have five more games this season against the Rays (tonight & tomorrow at the Trop, then three at Fenway next week). It's a real question as to whether the Sox will win any of them. I'd happily take two wins out of those.
Indeed! I would call it "pleasantly surprised". Wednesday's win was by the skin of their teeth, but (while I didn't see most of the game) seems like E-Rod was pretty dominant. Their main path to the postseason this month is to tread water against the Rays and beat up on the other teams that they play (which are pretty shitty) so they're partway there.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:18 am
Indeed! I would call it "pleasantly surprised". Wednesday's win was by the skin of their teeth, but (while I didn't see most of the game) seems like E-Rod was pretty dominant. Their main path to the postseason this month is to tread water against the Rays and beat up on the other teams that they play (which are pretty shitty) so they're partway there.
And you can thank the Angels for taking 2 of 3 from the Yankees without a pitching staff.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

of course we're in extra innings. Posey had a chance to get a double play but tagged the wrong guy :(
naednek

Post by naednek »

naednek wrote:of course we're in extra innings. Posey had a chance to get a double play but tagged the wrong guy :(
Now that was an epic ending.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Cubs have won 7 in a row and are the hottest team in baseball! Frank Schwindell (picked up off of waivers from the A's) was NL rookie of the month for August and has kept it up in September.

(Cubs still suck.)
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets should have taken 4-5 from the Nats but freaking Diaz choked closing the game yesterday. Even if they somehow micracled themselves into the playoffs they would get murdered. Oh well

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:15 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:18 am
And you can thank the Angels for taking 2 of 3 from the Yankees without a pitching staff.
The Red Sox had a great chance to pass the Yankees yesterday, and all they had to do was hold a 7-1 lead...so naturally they committed four errors and lost 11-10.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Pete the 2nd fastest to 100 HRs in MLB history. While I think their season is doomed I certainly think they have pieces to keep moving forward and he's one of them. His defense has also been decent. When he came up they were worried about his defense, but honestly I don't think it's ever been a problem.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Trade bait.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dodger Blue, July
Commissioner Rob Manfred, speaking to the Baseball Writers’ Association of America, said Tuesday morning that seven-inning doubleheaders and the extra-inning rule that places an automatic runner on second base are not in the league’s “long-term future.”

“I see the extra-inning rule and the seven-inning doubleheader as rules that were adopted based on medical advice to deal with COVID,” Manfred said. “I think they are much less likely to become part of our permanent landscape than some of the other rules that we’ve talked about over time that relate to how the game is being played.”
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Didn't help the Mets sadly. I'm totally ambivalent about this season though. You can't remake mess of a franchise in one year.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Finally a giant win and a dodger loss

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The AL East is so crazy. Now the Jays have won 11 of their last 12 games (including a blessed four game sweep of the Yankees) so that they're now only two games behind the Yankees for the second AL wild card. So literally every team in the AL East other than the Orioles is now in the playoff hunt.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Dropped another to the Marlins. They really needed to be sweeping that series. I'm sure the Yankees will eat them alive this weekend and that will be game over. Meh...

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Octavious wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:25 pm Dropped another to the Marlins. They really needed to be sweeping that series. I'm sure the Yankees will eat them alive this weekend and that will be game over. Meh...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Did I miss when Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cannibals became a meme? Bummer.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Watch the highlights from the Mets game. Sanchez might how done the worst job of being a catcher that I have seen in my entire life. Throw beats the runner by a mile and he gets out of the way and tries to make a lazy tag.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Amazin' Avenue
After trading runs in the first inning—the Mets’ run coming on an overturned play at the plate thanks to a poor tag from Gary Sánchez—and the Yankees taking the lead in the second on a Joey Gallo solo homer, the Mets scored nine runs before the Yankees could answer en route to a 10-3 victory in the Subway Series opener at Citi Field.
:crying-yellow: