Google voice questions

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Xmann

Google voice questions

Post by Xmann »

I'm considering adding a Google voice number to my wife's phone for a side business opportunity in order to save having to buy another phone.

I'm looking at the instructions and what not, so I guess my question is, Is it really that simple? I download the app and follow set up instructions and boom, it's done?

Anything else I should consider? This would just be for forwarding calls to her cell that come for the business.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Kasey Chang

Re: Google voice questions

Post by Kasey Chang »

Yeah, pretty much. It will also voice-to-text any voicemail you get and use the app to dial-out and it'll not even show your original phone's caller ID. Even SMS goes into a separate inbox.

The only catch is some places that uses phone number to verify will not accept Google Voice numbers, but you probably won't run into those.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:42 pm
The only catch is some places that uses phone number to verify will not accept Google Voice numbers, but you probably won't run into those.
i will disagree and say that it _is_ likely - i have run into more than a few sites that would not accept the usage of my GVoice number for verifications.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Well, Xmann did say it's for a secondary number.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds