The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Skinypupy »

I have nothing to add, just wanted to be the 10,000th comment in this thread.

Carry on. :)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, you failed:

You were the 10,000th reply.

It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Just proves how Trump improves the ratings on any show he participates. They are bigger, more fantastic than any thread on OO.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

"Not a lot of people know this, it's true! But I heard that every discussion on internet forums that has me as the subject has the most replies of any in history! It's true! Not a lot of people knew that..."

(actually, THAT one MAY be true, considering the stupid, crazy, nasty shitstorm this raging egofuck has caused, and that so many people are in disbelief, they feel the need to talk about it and make sure it's actually happening)
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

He posted a video congratulating the CIA on its 70th birthday.* The video was a minute and a half of clips from the speech he gave there just after his inauguration. Included in the clips are some of his attacks on the media. Once again, it's all about him. This would be the same speech that many in the CIA thought was in bad taste considering it was given in front of the memorial wall.

*It seems to me like an entity like the CIA would actually have a 70th anniversary, and birthdays are more reserved for an individual what was born. But that's a nitpick.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Chaz wrote:He posted a video congratulating the CIA on its 70th birthday.* The video was a minute and a half of clips from the speech he gave there just after his inauguration. Included in the clips are some of his attacks on the media. Once again, it's all about him. This would be the same speech that many in the CIA thought was in bad taste considering it was given in front of the memorial wall.

*It seems to me like an entity like the CIA would actually have a 70th anniversary, and birthdays are more reserved for an individual what was born. But that's a nitpick.
He knows birthdays go that high, but based on his marriage history he doesn't realize anniversaries can go beyond fifteen.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh goody, daddy's girl is meeting with even more foreign leaders.

I remember when any self respecting conservative would have had a fit over something like this. Too bad they're all either dead or just too much of a coward to speak up now.
He won. Period.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Trump just called Kim Jong-un "Rocket Man" in his speech to the UN. He's treating his UN speech like one long Twitter rant.
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Trump just called Kim Jong-un "Rocket Man" in his speech to the UN. He's treating his UN speech like one long Twitter rant.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote:I remember when any self respecting conservative would have had a fit over something like this. Too bad they're all either dead or just too much of a coward to speak up now.
I can hear the mantra from here.

It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward.

Hopefully there's a punji stick pit ahead for all of them.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Paingod wrote:
hepcat wrote:I remember when any self respecting conservative would have had a fit over something like this. Too bad they're all either dead or just too much of a coward to speak up now.
I can hear the mantra from here.

It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward. It's ours now. Just close your eyes, hold on, and keep walking forward.

Hopefully there's a punji stick pit ahead for all of them.
There is but they are not the only ones going to fall into it. We all are since we're shackled to them.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The moment we start fighting with North Korea, I fully expect the Mangerine's bone spurs to make a reappearance and then a quick retreat to Mar-a-Lago to ride out the rest of his presidency.
He won. Period.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote:The moment we start fighting with North Korea, I fully expect the Mangerine's bone spurs to make a reappearance and then a quick retreat to Mar-a-Lago to ride out the rest of his presidency.
Are you kidding? That's PRIME ratings material. He'd be everywhere, relentlessly promoting his war.

We have dropped more bombs than anyone else, ever. The best bombs. Our troops are just the best. They're killers.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I hear that Trump's speech to the UN was magnificent, a true tour de force.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu beamed as he and his wife, Sara, listened to Trump speak. The Israeli leader, an opponent of the international nuclear deal with Iran, was also addressing the world body later Tuesday, a day earlier than usual because he is leaving the gathering in time to spend the Jewish holy days in Israel.

“In more than 30 years of my acquaintance with the U.N., I have not heard a more courageous and sharp speech,” Netanyahu, a former Israeli ambassador to the body, said after Trump's remarks. “President Trump told the truth about the dangers lurking in the world, and called to face them forcefully to ensure the future of mankind.”
So that went well. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Shouldn't Netanyahu be at home making sure his son isn't posting Nazi slogans on Instagram and retweeting articles from The Stormfront?
He won. Period.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

As I asked in the NK thread, what magic response should Trump take that will resolve this situation? It's a clusterfuck no matter what he does. Which is great for the Democrats so they don't have to take the blame.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Probably destroying North Korea will do the trick.
Black Lives Matter.
tgb

Post by tgb »

hepcat wrote:Shouldn't Netanyahu be at home making sure his son isn't posting Nazi slogans on Instagram and retweeting articles from The Stormfront?
Something else he and Trump have in common.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Yes, NK is a generally no-win situation. But Trump is needlessly stirring the pot with the seemingly intention to goad NK into doing something so Trump can justify military action. There are degrees of clusterfuckedness and Trump is rocketing up the scale.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

2 terrible choice....sit on our asses until the world ends around us or do something about it and the world ends around us.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

John Kelly seems to have enjoyed Trump's speech...

Enlarge Image
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Moliere wrote:As I asked in the NK thread, what magic response should Trump take that will resolve this situation? It's a clusterfuck no matter what he does. Which is great for the Democrats so they don't have to take the blame.
When you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, you might as well do. How many electoral votes does SK get anyway?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

tgb wrote:
hepcat wrote:Shouldn't Netanyahu be at home making sure his son isn't posting Nazi slogans on Instagram and retweeting articles from The Stormfront?
But wait, there's more! Netanyahu's wife is up on fraud charges.. Best pals potential. I bet they party with Burlesconi.
While the amount involved in the case seems relatively minor, the so-called “meal-booking affair,” as the Israeli media calls it, is one of four corruption investigations closing in on Mr. Netanyahu and adds to the perception that Mrs. Netanyahu has exploited her husband’s office to finance her opulent tastes.
Sounds familiar.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Yes, NK is a generally no-win situation. But Trump is needlessly stirring the pot with the seemingly intention to goad NK into doing something so Trump can justify military action. There are degrees of clusterfuckedness and Trump is rocketing up the scale.
I imagine this kind of dick-wagging talk only further validates NK's perception that they are justified in developing a nuclear deterrent. Kim probably looks at Saddam and Qaddafi and sees very clearly what his fate would be absent that deterrent. Further, Trump threatening to abandon the Iran deal only shows that we'd be a bad faith partner in any deal regarding denuclearizing.

Kim gets described as a madman a lot, but putting aside the horrible conditions in NK and its terrible record of human rights violations, if his goal is simply to hold on to power and protect himself and his regime, his actions are not altogether irrational.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Captain Caveman wrote:Kim gets described as a madman a lot, but putting aside the horrible conditions in NK and it's terrible record of human rights violations, if his goal is simply to hold on to power and protect himself and his regime, his actions are not altogether irrational.
Most of the material on that subject that I've read makes the case that Kim is brutal and ruthless, but entirely rational.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

From the "Well, duh!" file: Trump using campaign, RNC funds to pay legal bills from Russia probe
U.S. President Donald Trump is using money donated to his reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee to pay for his lawyers in the probe of alleged Russian interference in the U.S. election, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The U.S. Federal Election Commission allows the use of private campaign funds to pay legal bills arising from being a candidate or elected official.

While previous presidential campaigns have used these funds to pay for routine legal matters such as ballot access disputes and compliance requirements, Trump would be the first U.S. president in the modern campaign finance era to use such funds to cover the costs of responding to a criminal probe, said election law experts.

One person familiar with the matter said the first payments, the amount of which Reuters could not determine, has already been made and would be disclosed in public filings. The person did not explain how the costs would be allocated between the campaign and the RNC.

The Republican National Committee is expected to make its August spending public on Wednesday, and the Trump campaign is due for another disclosure on Oct. 15.

John Dowd, Trump’s lead lawyer, declined to say how the president’s legal bills were being paid, adding: “That’s none of your business.”

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Well, his reelection is dead in the water if he goes to prison. So seems like a perfectly reasonable use of his reelection funds.

Kim isn't especially smart, he's just not especially stupid.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
tgb wrote:
But wait, there's more! Netanyahu's wife is up on fraud charges.. Best pals potential. I bet they party with Burlesconi.
While the amount involved in the case seems relatively minor, the so-called “meal-booking affair,” as the Israeli media calls it, is one of four corruption investigations closing in on Mr. Netanyahu and adds to the perception that Mrs. Netanyahu has exploited her husband’s office to finance her opulent tastes.
Sounds familiar.
From that same article.
and improperly redeemed more than $1,000 in bottle deposits for cash.
Now that's some stone cold gangsta shit right there.
He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I'm a little perplexed about how despite a direct hit by Maria the mangerine hasn't declared a disaster there yet. Does 100% of power have to be out for 2 days? The media has not really picked this up yet but it sure is curious.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's mostly hitting brown people. Not his demographic.
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

malchior wrote:I'm a little perplexed about how despite a direct hit by Maria the mangerine hasn't declared a disaster there yet. Does 100% of power have to be out for 2 days? The media has not really picked this up yet but it sure is curious.
But it hasn't yet hit the United.... Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.....
:? :|
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

hepcat wrote:It's mostly hitting brown people. Not his demographic.
I'd be surprised if he understands they're citizens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Combustible Lemur wrote:

Wrong side of the wall.

-Pink Floyd.

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Combustible Lemur wrote:

How many electoral votes did they give him?
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Seems like a good place to document how well that swamp draining is going:
President Donald Trump’s appointees to jobs at Agriculture Department headquarters include a long-haul truck driver, a country club cabana attendant and the owner of a scented-candle company.

A POLITICO review of dozens of résumés from political appointees to USDA shows the agency has been stocked with Trump campaign staff and volunteers who in many cases demonstrated little to no experience with federal policy, let alone deep roots in agriculture. But of the 42 résumés POLITICO reviewed, 22 cited Trump campaign experience. And based on their résumés, some of those appointees appear to lack credentials, such as a college degree, required to qualify for higher government salaries.
And before the "what about..." starts:
It’s typical for presidents to reward loyalists with jobs once a campaign is over. But what’s different under Trump, sources familiar with the department's inner workings say, is the number of campaign staffers who have gotten positions and the jobs and salaries they have been hired for, despite not having solid agricultural credentials in certain cases.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Trump's USDA picks

He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

"Draining the Swamp."

If it weren't for TrumpRussia, Trump's lack of qualification/understanding/temperament, and the administration's open association with white supremacists and other extremists, the cashing-in and exploitation of political appointments for personal gain and industry influence would be the biggest scandal since Watergate.

As it is, we don't even have time to notice it.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Most of Trump's swamp draining has been getting rid of the people that got him into the White House.
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

hepcat wrote:Trump's USDA picks

You think you're being funny, but you just wait until he replaces Jeff Sessions with Arnold Ziffel.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.