Trump's Full Court Press on Tax Reform

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: Trump's Full Court Press on Tax Reform

Post by hepcat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 am

Hot Tube?
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

Rip

Post by Rip » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:53 am

Be sure to use Hot Tube Friction Lube.

As seen on TV.

Defiant

Post by Defiant » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Social media users are blasting Speaker of the House Paul Ryan on Twitter after he boasted about the GOP tax bill by sharing a story of a Pennsylvania teacher seeing a pay increase of a little over a dollar a week.

“A secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week she said [that] will more than cover her Costco membership for the year,” Ryan tweeted.
After facing a backlash, he deleted the tweet

link

killbot737
Far Cry 4

Post by killbot737 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:27 pm

If I had an extra dollar per week I'd spend it on lottery tickets. Maybe I'd feed the birds instead, at least then I'd see immediate results. Tuppence.
There is no hug button. Sad!

malchior

Post by malchior » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Paywall: Washington Post reports that borrowing will jump 84% over last year due to new tax law.

Cue the *completely unexpected and desperate* need to address entitlements...in...3...2...1...

Nothing like borrowing against your children's futures to give money to the extremely wealthy. This is a complete run on the treasury by the plutocrats and it is completely obvious. People should be marching in the streets over this.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:25 pm

And there it is...right on cue.
Trump's fiscal 2019 budget proposes $1.7 trillion in entitlement cuts over a decade, including $237 billion to Medicare, according to a summary we obtained.
Two thoughts come to mind:
1. If I pay into the safety net my entire life then actually have to use it, that doesn't really make it an "entitlement", now does it?
2. God forbid we take one goddamn cent from our absurdly bloated military to pay for any of this bullshit tax plan.
Last edited by Skinypupy on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I taught the Killing Game first

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Skinypupy wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:25 pm
And there it is...right on cue.
Trump's fiscal 2019 budget proposes $1.7 trillion in entitlement cuts over a decade, including $237 billion to Medicare, according to a summary we obtained.
If I pay into the safety net my entire life then actually have to use it, that doesn't really make it an "entitlement", now does it?
On the contrary, that's exactly what makes it an entitlement. You are entitled to it. Unlike the popular usage of the term.

Moliere

Post by Moliere » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Skinypupy wrote:
2. God forbid we take one goddamn cent from our absurdly bloated military to pay for any of this bullshit tax plan.
As long as we're honest that this is a bipartisan problem. It's not accidental that companies like Lockheed, Raytheon, and Northrop Grumman spread their offices and jobs across as many Congressional districts as possible. To the point that even Bernie Sanders doesn't want to report back to his constituents that he voted away their jobs.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow

Isgrimnur
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Tell me what the rules are and I'll tell you how I play the game.
Silver - 5k

Zarathud

Trump's Full Court Press on Tax Reform

Post by Zarathud » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Trump is proposing to cut the IRS budget by 6% while they face the enormous task of implementing and interpreting the 2017 Tax Act. There are vast new tax cuts which are poorly defined, and other sections that are ambiguous or flat-out wrong from the last-minute effort. The Trump Administration missed the deadline to identify the priorities of the IRS -- other than requiring the Social Security numbers for earned income tax credits and child tax credits.

Even our tax system's only priority seems to be auditing minorities. So sad.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Zarathud wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:31 pm
Trump is proposing to cut the IRS budget by 6% while they face the enormous task of implementing and interpreting the 2017 Tax Act. There are vast new tax cuts which are poorly defined, and other sections that are ambiguous or flat-out wrong from the last-minute effort. The Trump Administration missed the deadline to identify the priorities of the IRS -- other than requiring the Social Security numbers for earned income tax credits and child tax credits.

Even our tax system's only priority seems to be auditing minorities. So sad.
With that budget cut, the IRS will probably never have the resources to finish Trump's audit.
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

Fitzy

Post by Fitzy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:58 pm

Max Peck wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 pm

With that budget cut, the IRS will probably never have the resources to finish Trump's audit.
If they'd finish the audit, the penalties might pay for the 6%

Seriously though, does anyone think the IRS is still auditing Trump? I have my doubts. I mean, I'd be surprised if they were auditing him when he claimed it, but if they were, I'd be very surprised they were still bothering.

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm

If failing to clap is treason, the poor IRS agent auditing Trump is now "on vacation" in Guantanamo Bay.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Moliere wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:42 pm
Skinypupy wrote:
As long as we're honest that this is a bipartisan problem. It's not accidental that companies like Lockheed, Raytheon, and Northrop Grumman spread their offices and jobs across as many Congressional districts as possible. To the point that even Bernie Sanders doesn't want to report back to his constituents that he voted away their jobs.
Oh, it absolutely is.

Even more infuriating when any attempt at a discussion about an actual sane military budget is met with WHY DONT YOU SUPPORT THE TROOPS-style screeching.
I taught the Killing Game first

malchior

Post by malchior » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 am

Then you have his transportation plan which is basically privatize everything. Here is $200B we found by cutting some rural transportation programs. We'll use that as seed money to privatize all the roads and sell them off to the wealthy. Now I get all the admiration for Russia. It is the model oligarchy target state for our nation.