Congressman who pimped Janet Boobgate Streaks to Victory

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Enough

Congressman who pimped Janet Boobgate Streaks to Victory

Post by Enough »

From the category of sometimes irony is the best humor:
The gloves have come off in the tight election race between two Texas congressmen — and every other article of clothing appears to be fair game as well. Democrats on Monday circulated old newspaper clippings of a 1974 college streaking stunt staged by hundreds of students — including then-18-year-old Pete Sessions — at Southwest Texas State University.

The conservative Republican congressman — who wrote a column condemning Janet Jackson's nude display during her 2004 Super Bowl halftime performance — apparently bared his bottom with about 300 others in a stunt that ended with arrests and a clash with police. Newspapers were filled with nude photos and headlines like: "Dudes, Broads, Bare Bods."
Sure he gets to have his fun when he's young, but what about us? :twisted:

Yeah, I know youthful indiscretion, doesn't matter for his current views, etc. But still funny. :o
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
JayG

Post by JayG »

It can be counted as youthful indiscretions, which depending on the individual, can last until you in your 40s.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Pete's about as nasty as they come. In 2002, he was caught red handed stealing yard signs of his opponent, Pauline Dixon. The Belo-owned newspaper here never reported it, and Dixon's entire campaign had a budget of about $6,000, so she couldn't do anything with it. The guy's a total sleeze.

He loves exporting jobs to Malaysia, too.

He's in the fight of his life. The DMN poll showed him with a 6% lead over his opponent, moderate Democrat Martin Frost. The district is 65% Republican, so Pete only having 50% in the poll is not good news for him. The district is also 35% Hispanic, but they were only 4% of poll respondents. They'll likely be 20% of actual voters. The poll also had a 3.5% MOE, so when you equalize all factors to a reasonable turn out profile, it's literally like 48 to 48.

So as silly as this sounds, this stupid stunt might dull some of the extremely religious voters' enthusiasm for Sessions. Knock his turnout down even a notch and he loses narrowly.

So his bare ass may end up costing him his job. I can only hope.

We'll find out November 2, I guess.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
geezer

Post by geezer »

Fireball1244 wrote:Pete's about as nasty as they come. In 2002, he was caught red handed stealing yard signs of his opponent, Pauline Dixon. The Belo-owned newspaper here never reported it, and Dixon's entire campaign had a budget of about $6,000, so she couldn't do anything with it. The guy's a total sleeze.

He loves exporting jobs to Malaysia, too.

He's in the fight of his life. The DMN poll showed him with a 6% lead over his opponent, moderate Democrat Martin Frost. The district is 65% Republican, so Pete only having 50% in the poll is not good news for him. The district is also 35% Hispanic, but they were only 4% of poll respondents. They'll likely be 20% of actual voters. The poll also had a 3.5% MOE, so when you equalize all factors to a reasonable turn out profile, it's literally like 48 to 48.

So as silly as this sounds, this stupid stunt might dull some of the extremely religious voters' enthusiasm for Sessions. Knock his turnout down even a notch and he loses narrowly.

So his bare ass may end up costing him his job. I can only hope.

We'll find out November 2, I guess.
Is the race actually in play? Where can I send a small donation to the Frost campaign?
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Martin Frost for Congress

This race is very much in play.[/url]
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
geezer

Post by geezer »

Fireball1244 wrote:Martin Frost for Congress

This race is very much in play.[/url]
done. thx!
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

I should also point out that Frost's wife is the highest ranking female in the history of the United States military, and she hasn't been available for much campaigning as she's one of the lead generals in Iraq.

Early voting in Texas begins Monday. I can't wait to vote.