Faith Under Fire

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Austin

Faith Under Fire

Post by Austin »

There is a new show on Pax I just heard about. It is hosted by Lee Strobel who wrote The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith. Episode 3 is on Saturday night and is on Darwin and such. I haven't seen it yet but I do enjoy Strobel's process and attempt to intelligently discuss religious issues. I have it set to record (PAX Saturday night @ 10:00PM)

Looks like some interesting debate topics coming up too. Here is the link. Again, I haven't seen it yet but it looks pretty interesting. The link intro has sound... nothing obnoxious but annoying if you are not expecting it.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Not so sure. Strobel has a way of talking to smart proponents of his ideas and not so smart or prepared opponents. Not the most objective way to get "facts".

I've only read his Case for Christ, though. Perhaps his other books are fairer.
Austin

Post by Austin »

They have transcripts from the first couple shows, but they are $10.00/piece. I'll watch it Saturday (or later Tivo'd) and let you know what I think.
Gizah

Post by Gizah »

I highly recommend "The Question of God" available from PBS Home Video. WWW.PBS.Org

Its a fascinating analysis which uses the viewpoints of Sigmund Freud and C.S. Lewis to discuss atheism and the belief in a supreme being. I think that folks in both camps will find this program fascinating.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Gizah wrote:I highly recommend "The Question of God" available from PBS Home Video. WWW.PBS.Org

Its a fascinating analysis which uses the viewpoints of Sigmund Freud and C.S. Lewis to discuss atheism and the belief in a supreme being. I think that folks in both camps will find this program fascinating.
I caught part of that a few weeks back. Good stuff. Iirc it was about 2 hours long... I only caught about 45 minutes of it.