Democrat's Election Disruption Initiative Begins

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Eco-Logic

Democrat's Election Disruption Initiative Begins

Post by Eco-Logic »

Well, here we have the first step in the democrat's election disruption initiative.
**World Exclusive**

The Kerry/Edwards campaign and the Democratic National Committee are advising election operatives to declare voter intimidation -- even if none exists, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

A 66-page mobilization plan to be issued by the Kerry/Edwards campaign and the Democratic National Committee states: "If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a 'pre-emptive strike.'"

The provocative Dem battle plan is to be distributed in dozens of states, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

MORE

Checkout the PDF File, it's far more legible.

I can't say I'm surprised, still this is absolutely disgusting and proof that the democrats will stop at nothing to try and oust President Bush. Hopefully the mainstream media will pick this up and run with it. Unlikely I know, but it doesn't hurt to hope...

Back during the Democratic National Convention one of the democratic electorates was interviewed on the floor of the convention. They said something to this effect when asked how the campaign was progressing. "We're ready, we have a slew of lawyers lined up and ready for the moment the election is over."

You get the idea. I honestly think the election this year will be more of a debacle than 2000 due to the blatant disruption initiative the democrats are already trying to put in place.

-Eco
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

9 views and no responses.

Can't say I'm surprised about that either...

;)

Oh and hi, I'm new here.
Al

Post by Al »

Thank goodness the Republican party hasn't done anything similar like destroy Democrat's voter registration forms.
Last edited by Al on Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Eco-Logic wrote:9 views and no responses.

;)

Oh and hi, I'm new here.
Well, I could just link to my response on that other forum since it would be pretty much the same... :wink:
geezer

Post by geezer »

;)

Oh and hi, I'm new here.
Hi :)

What response do you want? I don't doubt that it's true, and I agree that it's shameful.

What's your point? That Democrats do slimy things? Sure they do. What do you sugest we do about it?
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

geezer wrote:

;)

Oh and hi, I'm new here.
Hi :)

What response do you want? I don't doubt that it's true, and I agree that it's shameful.

What's your point? That Democrats do slimy things? Sure they do. What do you sugest we do about it?
Heya geezer. I don't know what we should do about it.

The mainstream media should pick it up and run with it though. You know they wouldn't hesitate if it were alleged that Republican's did the same thing.
gellar

Post by gellar »

Eco-Logic wrote:
The mainstream media should pick it up and run with it though. You know they wouldn't hesitate if it were alleged that Republican's did the same thing.
Dude that's what Fox News is for ;)

gellar
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

gellar wrote:
Eco-Logic wrote:
Dude that's what Fox News is for ;)

gellar
They're #1 for a reason.

Welcome to this forum gellar, I have no idea how I ended up here but I did.
noun

Post by noun »

Welcome to this forum gellar, I have no idea how I ended up here but I did.
My guess is you followed a link and went through the registration process at some point. :D
Enough

Post by Enough »

Al wrote:Thank goodness the Republican party doesn't do anything similar like destroy Democrat's voter registration forms.
For the full story of how the former president of the Arizona Republican Party is running a voter registration company that rips up the Democrat voter's registrations in multiple states (not just Oregon) instead of filing them so folks can vote on election day check out this entry at KOS.

In a past life I used to be heavily involved in the Dems when I was young and impressionable, heh. I lost a lot of love for both parties via that experience. Dirty tricks are surprisingly common on both sides. And some of the dirty trick artists are more than happy to work for both parties and often times even more so within the parties between competing personalities. I ended up resigning as president of the Colorado State University Young Dems due to my disgust. Now I only work with local candidates and issues to keep away from the slime.

Here's a short anecdote from my attendance at the DNC national strategy planning meeting for an election year. I was an idealist back then and also the youngest person in attendance at the meeting. In a workshop on fundraising led by one of the nation's top fundraiser's for either side the guy asked if there was any press in the room and then asked them to leave. I was offended by this and asked what we had to hide from the American people, why were we keeping the press out? He laughed it off saying we wouldn't want the Republicans to steal our fundraising ideas would we? I got a huge laugh when I cracked a joke about the Republicans not needing help in the fundraising department and that was that until after the workshop. Two guys that literally looked like old Chicago party bosses you picture from days of yore came up and had a "little talk" with me after words. I'll never forget the one guy quite aggressively slapping me on the back saying how much the party needs guys like me, guys with idealism and passion... BUT THEN YOU LEARN TO WORK WITH THE SYSTEM, after which he slapped my back really hard and they shuffled off. I still cringe thinking of those two guys to this day. I have no idea who they were but god were they icky.

And another quick anecdote I've never shared. I was thrown on the pavement and got whooped up on by the president of the Weld County Republican party when I was out canvassing his neighborhood for a local environmental group. I didn't fight back in the least and didn't do anything to provoke the attack, he was just pissed that I came to his door for a lefty cause. He didn't know who I was, or that my family is involved in just about every major charity in town (for e.g. my dad has run the United Way and headed up the evil Chamber in town while mom was CEO of the board for the local women's shelter, etc.) or that my dad has done work for both Repub and Dem candidates and is a leading business figure in the community. He got terrified when he realized what he had done to a bank president's son and tried to sue me for trespass as a counter suit as he thought surely an assault lawsuit was coming when he figured out who my Dad was. Of course the shit was laughed out of court and I only sued to get him to drop his lame ass case. My dad told me who he was and I asked why the heck would the Republicans pick a guy like this to be the president for the party in the county. My dad laughed and said because nobody ever wants that job and it's almost always a slime ball who gets it. I think of this story whenever I hear of something like the former President of the Arizona Repubs up to no good and realize these people in no way represent the vast majority of the real movers and shakers in either party. Trust me half of these people in leadership positions like this for either party are the scum of the earth.

Edit: PS good to see some familiar faces in this thread! :D

Has anyone heard from MSD? We need the outrage! :twisted:
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

There is nothing outrageous with the Democrats telling their ground forces to be prepared to combat the inevitable Republican voter intimidation tactics and to be ready to swing at a moments notice at the first sign of trouble.

Look at what happened with the voters rolls in Florida in 2000.

Better to have an arsenal of information and civic leaders ready should voter intimidation occur than to be caught flat footed. Let's hope they aren't needed.

But let's be ready if they are.
Last edited by Fireball on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

Fireball1244 wrote:There is nothing outrageous with the Democrats telling their ground forces to be prepared to combat the inevitable Republican voter intimidation tactics and to be ready to swing at a moments notice at the first sign of trouble.

Look at what that scumbag Republican "voter registration group" is doing. They should all be sent to federal prison for ten years, every last person working for that group.

Better to have an arsenal of information and civic leaders ready should voter intimidation occur than to be caught flat footed. Let's hope they aren't needed.

I think you should read the PDF file in it's entirity.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Eco-Logic wrote:I think you should read the PDF file in it's entirity.
Ok, I read the PDF file. It's only one page, right?

It tells party operatives to issue press releases about how voter intimidation is bad, preferably quoting civil rights advocates. It also says to warn newspapers about accepting advertising that contains false statements about voting requirements.

I'm failing to see what I should be outraged about. Isn't this just the kind of thing you'd expect a local party chapter to do?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Dems engage in their share of slime. But I'm not seeing it here. What am I missing?
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

It's a scare tactic, and if you can't see that from reading this one page I'm sorry.
noun

Post by noun »

It's not a scare tactic, it's a negative smear campaign. The following are examples of scare tactics: telling senior citizens that their Medicare is going away, telling teenagers the draft is imminent, and telling the world that a mushroom cloud is likely (I'm looking at you Ms. Rice).

That being said, is there any proof that this memo is legit, and not a Repub scare tactic? ;)
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Eco-Logic wrote:
Fireball1244 wrote:There is nothing outrageous with the Democrats telling their ground forces to be prepared to combat the inevitable Republican voter intimidation tactics and to be ready to swing at a moments notice at the first sign of trouble.

Look at what that scumbag Republican "voter registration group" is doing. They should all be sent to federal prison for ten years, every last person working for that group.

I think you should read the PDF file in it's entirity.
What makes you think that I don't have access to the document itself?

What is a scare tactic, or even a smear tactic, about lining up minority community leaders to be ready to roll if voter intimidation occurs again?

What is wrong with reminding the media that folks have been wrongly disenfranchised in the past, like in Florida in 2000?

What is wrong with reminding black voters that they've been screwed over by Republicans in the past and denied their vote, like in Florida in 2000?

What is wrong about policing newspapers to prevent them from running misleading ads which might discourage minority voting?
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

Fireball1244 wrote:
Eco-Logic wrote:

Ahh, but Fireball, the memo calls for pre-emptive strikes, before any signs of trouble exist, thus my main issue with it.

Scare tactics. Simple as that.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

It is not a scare tactic to preemptively issue press releases highlighting past abuses and calling for extra vigilance.

Who, precisely, is that supposed to scare?
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

Minorities into thinking the 'big bad republican's' are going to jump them on their way to the polls.

Would it be useful if Republican's went on TV talking about all the many ways democrats have abused & disrupted the election process?

That is absurd.

If don't realize this is nothing more than scare tactics I'm finished discussing it with you.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Wow, if I don't just ignore the facts and admit you're right, you won't talk to me. You are such a petulant little child.

The Republican secretary of state in Florida in 2000 led a concerted and successful effort to disenfranchise black voters who had done nothing wrong. That is the root of all these current precautions and concerns.

If you can come up with something similar the Democrats have done in recent years (the last couple of elections), then I highly suggest that you prepare and distribute a memo to Bush supporters.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Two wrongs don't make a right. I can't believe there are people who are defending a decision to "pre-emptively" claim voter intimidation even if there isn't any.

I can't go pre-emptively sue my neighbor because I think he MIGHT try to steal something from me.

What has or hasn't happened is completely irrelevant.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

No one is talking about preemptively claiming it, but preemptively fighting it so as to make it harder to get away with. And that entails going out and reminding the press, and particularly black voters, of what has been done in the past, who has been doing it and how they've been caught, so that the bastards won't get away with it again.

It would be really nice if both America's parties supported and worked for full voting, higher turnout and easier access to the voting booth.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

This is election "disruption?" If you actually read the pdf, it's mostly about complaining about past electoral misconduct, talking about how electoral misconduct is bad, and warning about future electoral misconduct. How is that "disruption" of the electoral process? That statement reminds me of a whiny-ass woman who, when OJ was acquitted, said that all the white people complaining that the verdict was a joke were engaging in the "verbal equivalent of a riot."

I also don't see any indication of "pre-emptively claiming intimidation." That is, the flier doesn't say "go tell the media that dem Repubs are oppressing us, even if they aren't." Rather, it suggests to go tell the media that voting has been supressed before and may get suppressed again, and this is bad.
Gizah

Post by Gizah »

Ah Fed, It's sooo nice to have you back.
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

nt
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Eco-Logic wrote:
Fireball1244 wrote:You are such a petulant little child.
You're a classless bastard.

There, stooped down to your pitiful level.
Where's that damn little whistle icon?

:roll:
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

*WHISTLES*
There are two fouls on the play.

Lame ass insults on the offense, and a lame ass insults on the defense.

The penalties cancel each other out.

Repeat first down.

Al Micheals: And we're going to repeat first down.

Madden: The problem with that play was the weak insults. I've always been of the mind that if you're going to insult, go for the big insult. At this point in the game, you can't dink and dunk on the first down. It's always best go for long yardage on the first down. Because if that doesn't work, you can always try to dink dunk little plays on the ensuing downs. Now take a look, THIS time I'm thinking "Stupid horse-faced pissant" would be more appropriate. But considering the penalty, perhaps a "God Damn Shit-eating Goat-humping hairy-ass f**ker" is the better choice.
Last edited by SuperHiro on Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noun

Post by noun »

That's gotta hurt, there, Bob.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

It was good at first.

Then you added the pics, and now it's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Mookee

Post by Mookee »

Man, Eco, you make it hard sometimes, I just don't get it.

First you post a whole thread about this, which is fine, it's a good topic. But don't you then expect people to talk about it and for Dems to give their point of view? Of course you do, hence:
9 views and no responses.

What did you want to happen? A page of thumbs-up?

And:
If don't realize this is nothing more than scare tactics I'm finished discussing it with you.
?

--
Superhiro and Mr. Fed make me smile. :)
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Last edited by Fireball on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

Statements of fact are not scare tactics if they're true.

If Republicans in some areas have engaged in voter intimidation than it's perfectly reasonable to remind people of that fact. If reminding people of that fact (in this hypothetical) reflects poorly on the Republicans - well tough noogies. It should.

I'll go further - If people of either party can point to genuine examples of voter intimidation and disenfranchisement than I think they have a duty to do so and to call as much media attention to it as possible. If one side looks particularly bad than so be it.

I'm all for exposing electoral shenanigans and I don't see why honest people of either persuasion shouldn't agree.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

OK - the namecalling is going to stop right now. So far we've only banned one person, and that was a person who really, really deserved it from Gone Gold days. If the name calling continues, we'll likely add to that list pretty darn quickly.
gellar

Post by gellar »

SuperHiro wrote:Image
*WHISTLES*
There are two fouls on the play.

Lame ass insults on the offense, and a lame ass insults on the defense.

The penalties cancel each other out.

Repeat first down.

Al Micheals: And we're going to repeat first down.

Madden: The problem with that play was the weak insults. I've always been of the mind that if you're going to insult, go for the big insult. At this point in the game, you can't dink and dunk on the first down. It's always best go for long yardage on the first down. Because if that doesn't work, you can always try to dink dunk little plays on the ensuing downs. Now take a look, THIS time I'm thinking "Stupid horse-faced pissant" would be more appropriate. But considering the penalty, perhaps a "God Damn Shit-eating Goat-humping hairy-ass f**ker" is the better choice.
You are my hero.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
setaside

Post by setaside »

Man ... could this be our first locked thread? I hope not.

I think both of you guys should take a minute and breathe. There's obviously a stark disagreement here that's not going to be resolved so just agree to disagree.

And Superhiro ... I love you man. :)
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

This sort of thing is why I call serious shenanigans on Drudge:

Notice his headline and the opening sentence below. You have to admit that they're strongly misleading if not demonstrably false. The highlight of the document that he links to does NOT say, as the following basically says it does ("Charge Voter Intimidation, Even if None Exists"), that people should falsely start screaming foul. What it does do is say (note that it points out--especially in places where shenanigans have occurred in the past) that the campaign should preemptively remind people of those past shenanigans in order to be on the lookout for them to make them less likely to happen again. Now admittedly the .pdf does show that the Dems are not innocent babes in the woods when it comes to political campaigns and elections, but forewarned is forearmed, as they say.

Headline:
DNC ELECTION MANUAL: CHARGE VOTER INTIMIDATION, EVEN IF NONE EXISTS

Opening sentence:

The Kerry/Edwards campaign and the Democratic National Committee are advising election operatives to declare voter intimidation -- even if none exists, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Anyone notice the atrocious way the sheet is set up? It almost screams fake.

The alignment of whats in the red boxes is totally off. Of course they could have just hired a piss poor designer for this...
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

I don't think that's one page out of the booklet. It looks like they cut out what that sleeze Drudge considers the most "damning" part and then glued it to the bottom of the front page showing the logos and then scanned that in.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

I'm sorry, but it is clear that the fonts in that document, along with the quantum-flux kerning methods used, are from technology that will not be developed until the year 2006, long after this election is decided.

This document is from the future.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Fireball1244 wrote:I don't think that's one page out of the booklet. It looks like they cut out what that sleeze Drudge considers the most "damning" part and then glued it to the bottom of the front page showing the logos and then scanned that in.

Ahh, so you mean the part that can be taken totally out of context. I see.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!