Republicans Election Disruption Initiative Begins

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Exodor wrote:No luck yet on finding the exact penalties for a Class C felony in Oregon.

But I'm sure you'll shame me into looking that up, too. :wink:
Your statute doesn't apply to what's described here. But for your edification, a Class C felony in Oregon is punishable by up to five years' imprisonment.

So don't go around committing Class C felonies.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Tareeq wrote: So don't go around committing Class C felonies.
You're not the boss of me.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Election irregularities are nothing new. Origins of American Vote Fraud.

Still, paid partisans committing felonies should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Then we make them talk to Alan Keyes for a week, just to make sure they're really sorry. :)
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Gizah

Post by Gizah »

That's it. I'm coming to Chicago the see the in-laws this Christmas, and I officially extend to Zarathad the offer of a beer on me. Glad you made it over to this board!
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Tareeq wrote:
Your statute doesn't apply to what's described here. But for your edification, a Class C felony in Oregon is punishable by up to five years' imprisonment.

That was the only reference to voter registration I could find in the Oregon statutes. Maybe I'm not lookin in the right place...
So don't go around committing Class C felonies.

Damn, there goes teh weekend...
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Apparently, a community organization here in Colorado submitted 100 fraudulant voter registrations.
I guess the organization pays people to register voters, and some of the people faked the cards to get some money. However, these 100 were part of 32,000 people they registered. That's a pretty small percentage.
Regardless, I know a bunch of people that work for this organization, and I worry for them. I know they weren't doing voter reg stuff, but DAMN does it look bad. Apparently there are 700 fraudulant forms, and each registering organization was supposed to put their names on the cards they helped fill, but Colorado Acorn is the only one who did.

I see this crime as much less impactful as destroying voter registrations, however. But, that is what happens when citizens aren't automatically registered. Or at least, that is something that DID happen.
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

Spock's Brain

Post by Spock's Brain »

I see this crime as much less impactful as destroying voter registrations, however. But, that is what happens when citizens aren't automatically registered. Or at least, that is something that DID happen.
We have to opt in to vote, but we have to opt out to avoid spam/telemarketers/junk mail? Go figure.;)
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

I fear that the people may be prepared: by burning and looting.
I think it is an irrational fear. People in the US are quite complacent.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Eduardo X wrote: I fear that the people may be prepared: by burning and looting.
I think it is an irrational fear.
At least you admit it.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yeah, us! The most advanced civilization in the history of the world! How fubar is the registration process when we allow that to happen? Who is responsible for that part of the equation? I bet it bipartisan. I come close to agreeing with Kirk on this. While I don't think everyone should rot in jail awaiting a trial, I think heads ought to roll and they ought to roll efficiently and the investigation into it ought to be huge and prosecutions should happen to the full extent of the law for the organzers of the abuse and the only people who should escape prosecution to the full extent of the law are people who turn on the superiors, like starving rats or drug dealers and even then the lowers in the know should be get very real and very stiff charges.

I come pretty close to believing that any politician who would stand against a thorough investigation should hang from a noose in a tree in front of Capitol Hill.

Our political process has disenfranchised the populace enough already. Allowing these abuses to continue is shameful to say the least. I am not even sure how describe me feelings about it. And don't think for a second it's republican only club.
Spock's Brain

Post by Spock's Brain »

LordMortis wrote:Yeah, us! The most advanced civilization in the history of the world! How fubar is the registration process when we allow that to happen? Who is responsible for that part of the equation? I bet it bipartisan. I come close to agreeing with Kirk on this. While I don't think everyone should rot in jail awaiting a trial, I think heads ought to roll and they ought to roll efficiently and the investigation into it ought to be huge and prosecutions should happen to the full extent of the law for the organzers of the abuse and the only people who should escape prosecution to the full extent of the law are people who turn on the superiors, like starving rats or drug dealers and even then the lowers in the know should be get very real and very stiff charges.

I come pretty close to believing that any politician who would stand against a thorough investigation should hang from a noose in a tree in front of Capitol Hill.

Our political process has disenfranchised the populace enough already. Allowing these abuses to continue is shameful to say the least. I am not even sure how describe me feelings about it. And don't think for a second it's republican only club.
You go girl!

But seriously, isn't our electoral registration process due for one Starr-Jones-sized- enema? Two hundred years of looking for any little shittass excuse to disbar non-whites and other "undesirables from voting -- Ex-Lax here we come!