Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

will marijuana ever be legal???

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

will marijuana ever be legal???

Yes
81
76%
No
13
12%
Not sure
12
11%
 
Total votes: 106

User avatar
Kraken
Posts: 33140
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:59 pm
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Contact:
Kraken’s avatar
Offline

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Kraken » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Mexico might have suffered more from the war on drugs than any other country. Good on them.

User avatar
killbot737
Posts: 5637
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:19 pm
Location: Next to America Jr.
Festivuus’s avatar
Offline

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by killbot737 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:29 am

Well, MI went green. I foresee great wailing and gnashing of teeth from the authoritarians (school administrators, police and corrections officials, etc.)
There is no hug button. Sad!

User avatar
Z-Corn
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: GR, MI

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Z-Corn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am

Yep, and we have the most liberal possession allowance and will have the cheapest taxes at retail.

I may just give this marijuanas thing a shot one day, now that it's legal.

User avatar
LordMortis
Posts: 59978
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:26 pm

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by LordMortis » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:14 am

Z-Corn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am
Yep, and we have the most liberal possession allowance and will have the cheapest taxes at retail.

I may just give this marijuanas thing a shot one day, now that it's legal.
When the first retail comes, I'm going to talk to the CEO about what that means for us. I'm not clear what the company's rights are to my personal time for something legal in state. We'll still be subject to drug testing and it's still illegal at the federal level and we are multinational company, so???

I love the idea that I may be able to try the oil without having to go in to a registry.

User avatar
Z-Corn
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: GR, MI

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Z-Corn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:23 am

LordMortis wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:14 am
Z-Corn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am
Yep, and we have the most liberal possession allowance and will have the cheapest taxes at retail.

I may just give this marijuanas thing a shot one day, now that it's legal.
When the first retail comes, I'm going to talk to the CEO about what that means for us. I'm not clear what the company's rights are to my personal time for something legal in state. We'll still be subject to drug testing and it's still illegal at the federal level and we are multinational company, so???

I love the idea that I may be able to try the oil without having to go in to a registry.
How is it that you want to try the oil? Orally, topically or vaped/smoked? Some other method?

I'm assuming for pain relief?

It will be two years before there are retail shops opened now that there is red tape to fight through. It may very well be legal federally by then.

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 42030
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am
daehawk’s avatar
Online

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Daehawk » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:30 am

Another state legalizes recreational use and my county finally voted yes to liquor stores. :doh:
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 9 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
LordMortis
Posts: 59978
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:26 pm

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by LordMortis » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:40 am

Z-Corn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:23 am
How is it that you want to try the oil? Orally, topically or vaped/smoked? Some other method?

I'm assuming for pain relief?

It will be two years before there are retail shops opened now that there is red tape to fight through. It may very well be legal federally by then.

Not vaped or smoked. I'm nearly two years with out a cigarette and it's still a struggle. I don't want that association.

Two years is what it is. *shrug* while I don't agree with the legal way, it takes something bigger than this to be disobedient to the law.

User avatar
Kraken
Posts: 33140
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:59 pm
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Contact:
Kraken’s avatar
Offline

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Kraken » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Z-Corn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am
Yep, and we have the most liberal possession allowance and will have the cheapest taxes at retail.

I may just give this marijuanas thing a shot one day, now that it's legal.
:lol: Let us know what it's like.

User avatar
Skinypupy
Posts: 12665
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:12 am
Location: Pac-12 Country

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Skinypupy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Utah’s Prop 2 passed, which allows for medicinal use. While all the polls indicated that this was likely, I’m still a little shocked.
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 38574
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Smoove_B » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Skinypupy wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:45 pm
I’m still a little shocked.
Well, go to the doctor and get a prescription. It should help.

User avatar
Z-Corn
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: GR, MI

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Z-Corn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Kraken wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 pm
Z-Corn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am
Yep, and we have the most liberal possession allowance and will have the cheapest taxes at retail.

I may just give this marijuanas thing a shot one day, now that it's legal.
:lol: Let us know what it's like.
If only I knew where the type of people that have Satan's Lettuce hung out... :ninja:

User avatar
The Meal
Posts: 26344
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: 2005 Stanley Cup Champion
the_meal’s avatar
Loading…

AVATAR JOKE!!!

Post by The Meal » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:28 pm

Z-Corn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm
Kraken wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 pm
Z-Corn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am
Yep, and we have the most liberal possession allowance and will have the cheapest taxes at retail.

I may just give this marijuanas thing a shot one day, now that it's legal.
:lol: Let us know what it's like.
If only I knew where the type of people that have Satan's Lettuce hung out... :ninja:
Try your local monkey parlor.
Not a pathological narcissist.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39183
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by GreenGoo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Government run online stores? Or starting in April, anyone willing to start up a small business?

Ontario info

According to the article the conservatives literally took the exact opposite approach on multiple fronts compared to what the liberals had planned.

Government run dispensaries? How about private businesses instead? Limit the number of licenses for selling that are available at the beginning? Nope, anyone who wants a license is welcome aboard. Restrict where it can be smoke? Nope, wherever you want, but municipalities are free to make up their own rules.

Here's the deal. On the surface, I mostly like the conservative changes. Unfortunately, they are just robotic reversals without understanding the implications. Liberals were taking a measured approach, keeping the drug tightly controlled and keeping an eye on how the roll out turns out, from logistical, financial, social and other perspectives. I feel like the conservatives are like "You want to legalize drugs? Fine. Here, let's flood the market with them and wait for the Canadian people to beg us to restrict it again when the crap hits the fan."

In the end, I prefer that a heavily regulated private market take over. Here in Ontario we have a government issued monopoly on beer sales, so only 1 company can sell (mostly. There are exceptions). Pretty shitty, as it's the worst of both worlds. No free market and minimal government control and oversight. Hard liquor is pretty much only sold through Ontario government stores, so no free market there either. Wine and some beer (typically small amounts, craft beers and such) can be purchased at the grocery store, but it's limited.

So what we're seeing is the conservatives throwing marijuana into the market with far less restrictions than are currently on booze, at least in Ontario. I'm actually for that, except I would have liked a limited roll out at first, with case studies being run in real time, and the results of those studies being used to expand further.

It's just typical partisan bullshit that Liberals are for legalization, in small, controlled ways, and the Conservatives are mostly against legalization, but if it's legal, then regulation and control are bad, so free for all.

It's nuts.

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 38574
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Smoove_B » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Details on how the Devil's Lettuce will be ruining NJ sooner than later:
Hearings are scheduled Monday morning at the Statehouse in Trenton for the 147-page "New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory and Expungement Aid Modernization Act."

Broadly, the bill would legalize the possession and personal use of one ounce or less of marijuana for people at least 21 years old, and create, regulate and impose a 12 percent tax a commercial marijuana industry in the state. An extra 2 percent excise tax would be raised for towns which host cannabis businesses.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39183
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by GreenGoo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Our news articles are FILLED with how things are going badly for legalization, but when I read the articles almost all of them equate to "demand is so high that stock is depleted and no one can get their order in a timely fashion".

Somehow legalization is bad because people are unhappy dot dot dot because there isn't any weed left on the shelves.

Some of the articles are about how black market weed still exists and didn't magically disappear the moment weed was legalized, with the additional factor of legal weed being in short supply. Short supply is one of the direct motivations for a black market to exist in the first place.

Annoying. Dishonest.

User avatar
Z-Corn
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: GR, MI

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Z-Corn » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm still trying to find a monkey parlor but I don't think we have any around here. I'm also still trying to figure out what a monkey parlor is...

December 6 is when MI will be full legal.

User avatar
Kraken
Posts: 33140
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:59 pm
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Contact:
Kraken’s avatar
Offline

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Kraken » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:47 pm

GreenGoo wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Some of the articles are about how black market weed still exists and didn't magically disappear the moment weed was legalized, with the additional factor of legal weed being in short supply. Short supply is one of the direct motivations for a black market to exist in the first place.
The first two retail pot shops east of the Mississippi opened in MA yesterday, just over two years after we passed legalization. They enforced a limit of 1/8 oz per customer due to low supply, and between them they served about 3,000 customers on opening day. One fellow who was interviewed echoed my opinion that the black market will do fine at these prices: $50 per 1/8 plus 20% tax = $60...and it will be quite some time yet before many of us have convenient access to shops. $480 per oz is nuts. (1/8 oz is about enough for three average-sized joints, so you can think of it as $20 per joint. IDK how much they actually sell pre-rolled joints for.)

If a shop ever opens near me I'll purchase there once for the novelty, and I would like to try some edibles and infused products. The black market doesn't supply those, at least not that I know of, so that's a competitive edge.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39183
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by GreenGoo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Kraken wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:47 pm
One fellow who was interviewed echoed my opinion that the black market will do fine at these prices: $50 per 1/8 plus 20% tax = $60...and it will be quite some time yet before many of us have convenient access to shops. $480 per oz is nuts. (1/8 oz is about enough for three average-sized joints, so you can think of it as $20 per joint. IDK how much they actually sell pre-rolled joints for.)
I don't know what the average price is up here, but this:
Statistics Canada estimates the price of illegal weed in Ontario averaged $7.34 a gram in the first six weeks of 2018
puts it at about CAN$26 per 1/8 of an ounce, or CAN$208/oz, which is approx. US$157/oz.

If only it was legal to cross the border with the stuff, you could come up here and wait endlessly in line like the rest of us for cheap weed that is never in stock.

Of course you just know that Canada is unfairly regulating the price while reaping the benefits of the US's pharmaceutical research. It's everyone else's fault that other countries can get their drugs cheaper than Americans.

User avatar
Kraken
Posts: 33140
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:59 pm
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Contact:
Kraken’s avatar
Offline

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Kraken » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:06 pm

They're talking about fast-tracking licenses for delivery services because the high cost of entry is keeping minorities out of the retail business. The law was intended to give preferences to communities that suffered disproportionately under prohibition, but stores have a high capitalization requirement and need to grease a lot of local palms to buy access -- you can't even think about opening a shop unless you have a couple hundred grand in the bank. The day when I can order by phone and have a courier bring it to me is probably much closer than the day when I'll be able to visit an actual shop. 'Course, that courier is going to add a profit and will undoubtedly expect a tip, so that'll be priced way out of my reach. Hell, I don't even get pizza delivered because I'm too cheap to tip.

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 38574
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Smoove_B » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Yes, cannabis delivery in NJ is part of that bill. I can't order wine or scotch for mail delivery but apparently if I want to get blunted I can call up a courier and they'll be happy to shuttle over a full oz (!) of their finest Purple Urkle.

User avatar
The Meal
Posts: 26344
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: 2005 Stanley Cup Champion
the_meal’s avatar
Loading…

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by The Meal » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Z-Corn wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:35 pm
I'm still trying to find a monkey parlor but I don't think we have any around here. I'm also still trying to figure out what a monkey parlor is...

December 6 is when MI will be full legal.
Look to the avatar.
Not a pathological narcissist.

Roman
Posts: 933
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:13 pm
Location: Earth

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Roman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Pre-rolled here in Ontario are:

$6.65 (1 pack) to $58 (5 pack)
each have 1/2 gram total.

https://ocs.ca/
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 38574
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Smoove_B » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:37 pm

MA sales numbers for opening day are in:
Tuesday (Nov. 20) was the first day of legalized marijuana sales in Massachusetts, and the numbers are in for how much consumers spent, MassLive.com reports.

Items for sale include pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes and edibles with THC, the active ingredient in cannabis.

So far only two stores in the state have been authorized to sell recreational pot, where consumers bought more than 10,700 products on opening day, according to the state’s Cannabis Control Commission. The grand total: $440,011.
Regarding what the state will get:
The state receives 17 percent of the money spent, a combination of a 6.25 percent state sales tax and 10.75 percent excise tax. Local governments can also collect an additional 3 percent tax.

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 42030
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am
daehawk’s avatar
Online

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Daehawk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Good thing we threw all that tea overboard...no more taxes!..wait.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 9 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Fitzy
Posts: 2030
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:15 pm
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Fitzy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 am

Daehawk wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 pm
Good thing we threw all that tea overboard...no more taxes!..wait.
Taxation without representation, not no taxes.

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 42030
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am
daehawk’s avatar
Online

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Daehawk » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Ok then good thing they listen to us and represent us and not just vote however they want or how lobbiest want :)
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 9 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Z-Corn
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: GR, MI

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Z-Corn » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Daehawk wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:45 pm
Ok then good thing they listen to us and represent us and not just vote however they want or how lobbiest want :)
Did you vote? That's your part in all this if you are not going to run for office yourself and try and make changes that way.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 19835
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Holman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:13 pm

Fitzy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 am
Daehawk wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 pm
Good thing we threw all that tea overboard...no more taxes!..wait.
Taxation without representation, not no taxes.
Plus, TBH, the Tea Tax was needed to pay the war debts of the French & Indian War, the success of which benefited the Colonists more than anyone else.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Fitzy
Posts: 2030
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:15 pm
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Fitzy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:59 am

Holman wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:13 pm
Fitzy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 am
Daehawk wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 pm
Good thing we threw all that tea overboard...no more taxes!..wait.
Taxation without representation, not no taxes.
Plus, TBH, the Tea Tax was needed to pay the war debts of the French & Indian War, the success of which benefited the Colonists more than anyone else.
:naughty:

No questioning historical wisdom!

I suspect even the founders would agree with you, had they been consulted. Consent of the governed!

User avatar
Z-Corn
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: GR, MI

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Z-Corn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

Adults over the age of 21 can carry 2.5 oz. and possess at home 10 oz. They can grow 12 plants. They can gift 2.5 oz. to other adults.

Retail sales are easily a year away and only registered and regulated dispensaries can sell. My guess is medical sales will finally get off the ground here and things will just flip to retail.

My 16-year old self would be overjoyed. My 49-year old self is like, "Oh, OK, that's cool." :coffee:

User avatar
Jaymann
Posts: 7921
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:13 pm
Location: California

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Jaymann » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:09 pm

My plants are coming along nicely. This little specimen could be on a magazine cover.

Image
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

Jeff V
Posts: 30750
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Nowhere you want to be.

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Jeff V » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Z-Corn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm
Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

Adults over the age of 21 can carry 2.5 oz. and possess at home 10 oz. They can grow 12 plants. They can gift 2.5 oz. to other adults.

Retail sales are easily a year away and only registered and regulated dispensaries can sell. My guess is medical sales will finally get off the ground here and things will just flip to retail.

My 16-year old self would be overjoyed. My 49-year old self is like, "Oh, OK, that's cool." :coffee:
So...12 plants would have to average less than 1 oz apiece? :?

User avatar
Z-Corn
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: GR, MI

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Z-Corn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Jeff V wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm
Z-Corn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm
Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

Adults over the age of 21 can carry 2.5 oz. and possess at home 10 oz. They can grow 12 plants. They can gift 2.5 oz. to other adults.

Retail sales are easily a year away and only registered and regulated dispensaries can sell. My guess is medical sales will finally get off the ground here and things will just flip to retail.

My 16-year old self would be overjoyed. My 49-year old self is like, "Oh, OK, that's cool." :coffee:
So...12 plants would have to average less than 1 oz apiece? :?
The medical grow numbers are even screwier.

A caregiver can have five patients and can grow 12 plants per patient and provide 2.5 oz of finished cannabis per patient. Counting themselves as a patient, that gives the caregiver 72 plants they can grow but only have 15 oz. (aka a "Michigan pound") in possession.

You would have to be a remarkably terrible grower to pull that little amount with those many plants.

User avatar
Alefroth
Posts: 4162
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Alefroth » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Jeff V wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm
Z-Corn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm
Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

Adults over the age of 21 can carry 2.5 oz. and possess at home 10 oz. They can grow 12 plants. They can gift 2.5 oz. to other adults.

Retail sales are easily a year away and only registered and regulated dispensaries can sell. My guess is medical sales will finally get off the ground here and things will just flip to retail.

My 16-year old self would be overjoyed. My 49-year old self is like, "Oh, OK, that's cool." :coffee:
So...12 plants would have to average less than 1 oz apiece? :?
Weight restrictions are typically for dried leaves and flowers. I'd be surprised if MI was different, although they do have a very generous personal restriction.

User avatar
Kraken
Posts: 33140
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:59 pm
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Contact:
Kraken’s avatar
Offline

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Kraken » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Alefroth wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 pm
Jeff V wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm
Z-Corn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm
Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

Adults over the age of 21 can carry 2.5 oz. and possess at home 10 oz. They can grow 12 plants. They can gift 2.5 oz. to other adults.

Retail sales are easily a year away and only registered and regulated dispensaries can sell. My guess is medical sales will finally get off the ground here and things will just flip to retail.

My 16-year old self would be overjoyed. My 49-year old self is like, "Oh, OK, that's cool." :coffee:
So...12 plants would have to average less than 1 oz apiece? :?
Weight restrictions are typically for dried leaves and flowers. I'd be surprised if MI was different, although they do have a very generous personal restriction.
As long as you're not selling or otherwise sharing your production, those limits are basically technicalities. The Weed Police won't be going door to door just to make sure you don't have 15 plants. If you're supplying your neighborhood, then yeah, they're going to nab you for that.

User avatar
Alefroth
Posts: 4162
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Alefroth » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Kraken wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:34 pm
Alefroth wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 pm
Jeff V wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm
Z-Corn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm
Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

Adults over the age of 21 can carry 2.5 oz. and possess at home 10 oz. They can grow 12 plants. They can gift 2.5 oz. to other adults.

Retail sales are easily a year away and only registered and regulated dispensaries can sell. My guess is medical sales will finally get off the ground here and things will just flip to retail.

My 16-year old self would be overjoyed. My 49-year old self is like, "Oh, OK, that's cool." :coffee:
So...12 plants would have to average less than 1 oz apiece? :?
Weight restrictions are typically for dried leaves and flowers. I'd be surprised if MI was different, although they do have a very generous personal restriction.
As long as you're not selling or otherwise sharing your production, those limits are basically technicalities. The Weed Police won't be going door to door just to make sure you don't have 15 plants. If you're supplying your neighborhood, then yeah, they're going to nab you for that.

I agree. I'd say they probably only come into play if you've been busted for something else.

User avatar
Z-Corn
Posts: 3694
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: GR, MI

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Z-Corn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:50 pm

Alefroth wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:47 pm
Kraken wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:34 pm
Alefroth wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 pm
Jeff V wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm
Z-Corn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm
Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

Adults over the age of 21 can carry 2.5 oz. and possess at home 10 oz. They can grow 12 plants. They can gift 2.5 oz. to other adults.

Retail sales are easily a year away and only registered and regulated dispensaries can sell. My guess is medical sales will finally get off the ground here and things will just flip to retail.

My 16-year old self would be overjoyed. My 49-year old self is like, "Oh, OK, that's cool." :coffee:
So...12 plants would have to average less than 1 oz apiece? :?
Weight restrictions are typically for dried leaves and flowers. I'd be surprised if MI was different, although they do have a very generous personal restriction.
As long as you're not selling or otherwise sharing your production, those limits are basically technicalities. The Weed Police won't be going door to door just to make sure you don't have 15 plants. If you're supplying your neighborhood, then yeah, they're going to nab you for that.

I agree. I'd say they probably only come into play if you've been busted for something else.
Exactly, now that smelling burning cannabis is no longer probable cause.

User avatar
LordMortis
Posts: 59978
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:26 pm

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by LordMortis » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:36 am

Lame Duck GOP fails to change bill passed last month. They're trying to change all of the bills and then some as they are also trying to limit the powers of the incoming Governor among other things before they exit. Loathesome.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/mariju ... 6oK6_fmIDo

I'm still waiting for the CBD laws they borked in May to be sorted out before I approach the idea of taking CBD with my GP and then debating approaching work with the topic work if my GP approves it.

User avatar
LordMortis
Posts: 59978
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:26 pm

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by LordMortis » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:37 am

Lame Duck GOP fails to change bill passed last month. They're trying to change all of the bills and then some as they are also trying to limit the powers of the incoming Governor among other things before they exit. Loathesome.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/mariju ... 6oK6_fmIDo

I'm still waiting for the CBD laws they borked in May to be sorted out before I approach the idea of taking CBD with my GP and then debating approaching work with the topic work if my GP approves it.

User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 39183
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by GreenGoo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Canadian federal government advising people to use cash and provide as little personal information as possible when buying pot. The gist is that the US will use knowledge of their purchases to refuse them entry into the country.

Post Reply