Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

will marijuana ever be legal???

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

will marijuana ever be legal???

Yes
76%
No
12%
Not sure
11%

Total votes: 106

Kraken

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Kraken » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:59 pm

That's prudent for the time being, but federal legalization is inevitable here, too. They just de-scheduled hemp. Baby steps. I am 80% sure that legalization will be part of the Democratic platform in '20...there's no surer way to get young people to the polls.

Moliere

Post by Moliere » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:05 pm

Ioan Grillo is journalist who has spent the last 18 years reporting on the drug war in Mexico. His books "El Narco: Inside Mexico's Criminal Insurgency" and "Gangster Warlords" are available now.
A depressing interview where a British journalist discusses his time reporting on the drug cartels in Mexico. 'Merica! :cry:

GreenGoo, I know you don't like Rogan. You don't need to repeat it again. I'm still going to post interviews I found interesting. Joe's on a roll recently:

David Lee Roth
Alex Jones
Dr Phil
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:56 pm

I got through about 20 minutes of Alex Jones. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but found a big stinking pile of nope. No interest in DLR or Phil (I don't think he's a doctor of anything).
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

Moliere

Post by Moliere » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Jaymann wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:56 pm
I got through about 20 minutes of Alex Jones. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but found a big stinking pile of nope. No interest in DLR or Phil (I don't think he's a doctor of anything).
I listen to these at 1.5 speed in the background while gaming so it's easier to get through long podcasts. The Alex Jones interview was frustrating because Rogan gave up trying to hold Jones accountable to rattling off 10 things in rapid fire before jumping to another 10 topics. Russell Brand talks the same way thinking fast = intelligent. With Jones it would require someone to tell him to shut up as we dissect these 10 "facts" he just said.

That being said, the Ioan Grillo interview is a must listen for anyone interested in the Mexican drug cartels.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:28 pm

Vox
Hawaii on Tuesday decriminalized marijuana, making it the 26th state to decriminalize or legalize the drug.

The new law removes the possibility of jail time as a penalty for up to three grams of marijuana, but maintains a $130 fine. Hawaii’s Democrat-controlled legislature approved the bill and sent it to Democratic Gov. David Ige in May. Ige didn’t sign it, but he also didn’t veto it, effectively letting it become law on Tuesday. The new law will take effect on January 11, 2020.
Silver - 1k