Anthony Weiner?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

AWS260

Re: Anthony Weiner?

Post by AWS260 »

LawBeefaroni wrote:The "girl" he never met might well 16-years-old or a man. Or...Breitbart!

Holman

Post by Holman »

You will burn in Hell for that last pic.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Enough

Post by Enough »

The look:

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Awesome.
Holman

Post by Holman »

It's the complete inversion of an O Face.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

He lied! He’s a politician! He did not break any laws unlike Clinton. Why are they asking for him to resign?

He used poor judgment that’s all. Lets get back to cutting spending and lowering my taxes.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

UsulofDoom wrote:He lied! He’s a politician! He did not break any laws unlike Clinton. Why are they asking for him to resign?
Caesar's wife must be above suspicion....

Though in this case I guess he's his own wife.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Popehat, a blog.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Yeah, "oops." Sure.

I haven't listened to them in a while but I would assume they still have the in-studio webcams. Any incredulity that something you show them in-studio might somehow end up on twitter is about as believable as all of Weiner's baloney about getting hacked.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In their defense, it is Whip 'em out Wednesday.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Apparently, Jon Stewart managed to injure himself with his take-off on the press conference. Jump to 3:50 if you want to see the sequence.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Apparently NYT turned into TMZ:
Their marriage has become the subject of intense speculation and scrutiny amid an embarrassing online sex scandal.

Now, Representative Anthony D. Weiner and Huma Abedin are about to make news of a different kind: they are expecting their first child.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Smoove_B wrote:Apparently NYT turned into TMZ:
Their marriage has become the subject of intense speculation and scrutiny amid an embarrassing online sex scandal.

Now, Representative Anthony D. Weiner and Huma Abedin are about to make news of a different kind: they are expecting their first child.
That's going to be a one ugly child. No one is a winner in the weiner land.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

It's thursday morning and as I was watching CNN Natasha Curry reports on Weiner's Xplicit photo that was released by "shock jocks", not mentioning Opie & Anthony. I don't subsribe to XM anymore, so I don't listen to their show anymore. I immediately think "could it be Opie & Anthony that released the picture?"

I do subscribe to Opie's twitter account, I pull it up on iphone, and sure enough, there it is. All his latest tweets and a link to a youtube explanation of how it all went down.

A listener that was also watching their live video feed saw Breitbart's cellphone, saw the pic, and screen captured it, sent it to Anthony who then had it on his cell, showed Opie the pic on his cell, Opie takes pic on his phone and then it was a race between O&A to see who could upload it first to their twitter acccount, then it blew up viral.

It's only a matter of time before I think Weiner will resign.

So will O&A claim credit for the resignation of Weiner by releasing the cock shot?

Hmmmmm....something tells me they will, if he resigns. They love publicity.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I don't understand why Democrats are asking Weiner to resign. Can someone explain that to me?
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

I don't understand why Democrats are asking Weiner to resign. Can someone explain that to me?
I guess the only way I can is to say if I was a democrat or republican and someone from my side was caught doing what
Weiner has I'd say he's a disgrace and it's time for him to step down.

I've heard it said in a few media outlets,and on Bill Maher's Real Time last friday, that Weiner's compromised now and he's open
to people blackmailing him. He's admitted to lying about the whole debacle, how can he be trusted now by the people
he represents?

If I was one of his Democratic cohorts I'd say that right there is enough to have him resign.
Last edited by JSHAW on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

noxiousdog wrote:I don't understand why Democrats are asking Weiner to resign. Can someone explain that to me?
My understanding is that the Dems want him out of the picture because his scandal exploded at a time when they believed they had the Republicans on the defensive regarding their Medicare proposal. Though I've also read that Pelosi was especially indignant, as Weiner neglected to kiss the Pope ring and took it upon himself to make the decision not to step down:
Pelosi was livid when Weiner called her just 15 minutes before his tearful public confession on Monday to say he'd lied to his colleagues but would not be stepping down, a senior Democratic aide said this week.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

noxiousdog wrote:I don't understand why Democrats are asking Weiner to resign. Can someone explain that to me?
My guess would be to try to remove a potential source of scandal/attack ads. (I wonder if maybe he hasn't endeared himself to the leadership of the party?)

But unless something else turns up, I would think a censure would be more appropriate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That and the fact that his blatant lies make them all look bad. There are also messages that have surfaced suggesting he was looking to send PR people to help "coach" the women involved in the message/image exchanges helping them cover his lies. I'm also certain there will be more recommendations to look into whether or not government money was spent on his activities.

At best, it's a distraction from the bigger issues (budget, soldiers dying in [Middle East], economy imploding, etc...). But his judgement is absolutely now in question.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

1. He's a major distraction.
2. Most of them thought he was an asshole to begin with.
3. He's a clumsy liar. And he tried to get as many people as possible to back up his lies -- apparently reaching out to friends and colleagues, telling them he'd been hacked, and asking them to go on TV and say they thought he'd been hacked.
Popehat, a blog.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Mr. Fed wrote: 2. Most of them thought he was an asshole to begin with.
3. He's a clumsy liar. And he tried to get as many people as possible to back up his lies -- apparently reaching out to friends and colleagues, telling them he'd been hacked, and asking them to go on TV and say they thought he'd been hacked.
These make sense.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Because he is an embarrassment to the party?
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Scuzz wrote:

Right, but the Clinton situation is more similiar than not. So why the difference in attitude? I think Fed offered the most reasonable explanation.
Black Lives Matter

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

noxiousdog wrote:
Scuzz wrote:

Right, but the Clinton situation is more similiar than not. So why the difference in attitude? I think Fed offered the most reasonable explanation.

Agreed. I did not realize he wasn't popular in his own party. Also his denials were very costly.
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Mr. Fed wrote:
1. He's a major distraction.
2. Most of them thought he was an asshole to begin with.
Or it's just plain old CYA. Regardless of whether he resigns, they need to disassociate themselves from him.
Holman

Post by Holman »

As long as they're going to turn on Weiner, I'd be surprised not to see the Dems call for an equivalent GOP resignation by David Vitter.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

gbasden wrote:Wait, people who aren't monogamous are nearly psychopathic? Really? What about those who have made the decision to have an open marriage? What about those that have decided to have a non-traditional relationship with more than one other person?
Kim Pine: Scott, if your life had a face, I would punch it.
Scott Pilgrim: Hahahaha... wait, what?
Kim Pine: I mean, are you really happy or really evil?
Scott Pilgrim: Evil? You mean, do I have, like, ulterior motives? I'm offended, Kim.
Kim Pine: Wounded, even?
Scott Pilgrim: Hurt, Kim.
Hurt, OO.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Should Weiner expect a visit from Chris Hansen?:
Police on Friday afternoon came to the home of a 17-year-old high school junior to ask her about direct online communications she has had with Rep. Anthony Weiner.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Smoove_B wrote:Should Weiner expect a visit from Chris Hansen?:
Police on Friday afternoon came to the home of a 17-year-old high school junior to ask her about direct online communications she has had with Rep. Anthony Weiner.
I, for one, am shocked that one of Rep. Weiner's women would up being a 17-year-old girl and not a 50-year-old fat guy.
Popehat, a blog.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Mr. Fed wrote:I, for one, am shocked that one of Rep. Weiner's women would up being a 17-year-old girl and not a 50-year-old fat guy.
Hey, Andrew Breibart is only 42!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Smoove_B wrote:Should Weiner expect a visit from Chris Hansen?:
yeah he cant hold out much longer if there is even a shred of truth with that. He probably could have held up and battled through it...but throw i the underage angle....

-looks like he'll be needing post-congressional career advice from mark foley
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Word is that he will be resigning.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

That means special election, yes?
Black Lives Matter.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

IIRC, one article mentioned that if he resigned, they might not replace him because NY is losing two seats anyway.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Oh, that was painful.
Popehat, a blog.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Mr. Fed wrote:Oh, that was painful.
Handing out rotten fruit at the door was maybe over the top.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

AWS260 wrote:Assuming no major new revelations come out, I don't know if this will have a big impact on Weiner's political career, at least over the short term. He'll run for and win re-election in 2012.

This might help discourage him from running for NYC mayor in 2013. That would be a tough race for him regardless, since it's expected to be a crowded race, packed with rising NYC pols who have been waiting for Bloomberg to retire already.

I suppose this means he'll never be senator, but he never struck me as the senatorial type.
AWS260: For all your prognosticating needs!
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

AWS260 wrote:
AWS260 wrote:Assuming no major new revelations come out, I don't know if this will have a big impact on Weiner's political career, at least over the short term. He'll run for and win re-election in 2012.

This might help discourage him from running for NYC mayor in 2013. That would be a tough race for him regardless, since it's expected to be a crowded race, packed with rising NYC pols who have been waiting for Bloomberg to retire already.

I suppose this means he'll never be senator, but he never struck me as the senatorial type.
AWS260: For all your prognosticating needs!
You win the Hetz Award. Dramatic convention requires an angry flame-out, please.
Popehat, a blog.