Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Defining the 21st Century Republican Party?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Defiant

Re: Defining the 21st Century Republican Party?

Post by Defiant » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:09 pm

Defining the 21st Century Republican Party?
How about...
Republican Party
/rəˈpəbləkən ˈpärdē/
noun
1. A political party that is primarily associated with blind support for Donald Trump. See Trumpism

2. (archaic) of, relating to, or constituting the one of the two major political parties evolving in the U.S. in the mid-19th century that is usually primarily associated with business, financial, and some agricultural interests and is held to favor a restricted governmental role in economic life

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:18 pm

I don't even know where to post this stuff anymore. Please do enjoy, comments from recently re-elected Representative Steve King:
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”
Amazing.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:22 pm

Smoove_B wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:18 pm
I don't even know where to post this stuff anymore. Please do enjoy, comments from recently re-elected Representative Steve King:
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”
Amazing.
sing-song "which one of these is not like the others?"

Dude's batting .333 - good in baseball, awful in History class.
There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm

King has always been a racist douche, so these comments are surprising at all.

What is disheartening is the fact that not a single other member of the GOP will call him out on it. Whether that's because they agree or because he's on "their side" doesn't make any difference. It needs to be called out.
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:49 pm

It's why I don't understand how NeverTrumpers like Bill Kristol can keep hanging on. I know they're probably thinking, "I can't fix my party if I abandon it" but come on. Your party is dead. Your'e not getting it back. There is no redemption.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Skinypupy wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm
King has always been a racist douche, so these comments are surprising at all.

What is disheartening is the fact that not a single other member of the GOP will call him out on it. Whether that's because they agree or because he's on "their side" doesn't make any difference. It needs to be called out.
But somehow it's AOC who is a complete idiot. They don't even bother anymore. :grund:
There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.