Too Soon To Start Thinking About 2016?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

tgb

Too Soon To Start Thinking About 2016?

Post by tgb »

Bachman/Trump vs. Clinton/Clinton
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
rshetts2

Re: Too Soon To Start Thinking About 2016?

Post by rshetts2 »

Man, the political comedians like Colbert and Stewart are loving you right now. That would be the "perfect storm" of all insanely hilarious political campaigns. The only way you could make it ever more fun is to go with Bachman/Palin but only slightly as Trump is an excellent choice.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
tgb

Post by tgb »

I thought about Palin but she's already a footnote. However, an appearance on Celebrity Apprentice would not be out of the question.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Bachman Palin Overdrive!
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

YellowKing wrote:Bachman Palin Overdrive!
lol I can just see them on the podium right now blasting out "Takin care of Business"
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

tgb wrote:Bachman/Trump vs. Clinton/Clinton
I assume the second Clinton there is Chelsea since Willie isn't eligible? Will Chelsea be 35 by 2016? Wow it appears she will be 36 then. Time flies.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
ydejin

Post by ydejin »

I hope Hillary runs. I wasn't so sure last time, but I think she's done a good job as Secretary of State.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Yes, Hillary, the source or at least one of the major perpetrators of the Barack Obama as muslim rumors :).
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

FYI to the GOP: I refuse to vote for a scientologist, just sayin'. :mrgreen:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

cheeba wrote:Yes, Hillary, the source or at least one of the major perpetrators of the Barack Obama as muslim rumors :).
Yeah, I'm not a fan of hers and I didn't like the campaign she ran, but she seems to be doing a stand up job as Secretary of State. In fact it seems like she doesn't get nearly the kudos she deserves. My impression is that when internal politics are set aside, she's pretty damn good.

Whether that's true or not, I'm not 100% sure, but that has been my impression so far, based on the few articles I've read.
tgb

Post by tgb »

coopasonic wrote:
I assume the second Clinton there is Chelsea since Willie isn't eligible? Will Chelsea be 35 by 2016? Wow it appears she will be 36 then. Time flies.
Actually I was thinking about Bill. The question of eligibility is open to interpretation.

I would think, however, that in a Hillary/Bill term of office, should something happen to her he would be disqualified from assuming the office, and it would pass to Speaker of the House Boxer :P
Last edited by tgb on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I read somewhere that PPP plans to release their first 2016 primary poll on Friday. :shock:

And Fox mentioned last night that we're only ~1100 days away from the Iowa caucuses.
Hiccup

Post by Hiccup »

Bachmann barely got re-elected in my district, something like ~4,000 vote difference. Pretty sure she's done on a national stage.
"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was in not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent."
-- Mark Twain .

XBL: Hiccup1
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Could Slick Willie be the VP but he gets passed over if Hilary goes down?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GreenGoo wrote:
cheeba wrote:Yes, Hillary, the source or at least one of the major perpetrators of the Barack Obama as muslim rumors :).
Yeah, I'm not a fan of hers and I didn't like the campaign she ran, but she seems to be doing a stand up job as Secretary of State. In fact it seems like she doesn't get nearly the kudos she deserves. My impression is that when internal politics are set aside, she's pretty damn good.
That would make her a terrible president.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:
That would make her a terrible president.
I should rephrase. While I don't like her much when internal politics are involved, she seems pretty competent despite that.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

So the idea would be that the Republicans would continue to mock its constituents with laughable living-caricatures as the only alternative to seeing one of the most beloved former presidents on the ballot? Why don't they just go ahead and add laws that allow large corporations to grow their own workforce and to get tax breaks for doing so...

Or worse... would the constituents not consider it to be a mockery...? Surely I'm not the only person divorced from them.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jaymann wrote:Could Slick Willie be the VP but he gets passed over if Hilary goes down?
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Hilary doesn't often go down.

But if she did decide to go down, while president, it would only be poetic for her to pass over Willie. :D
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Brace yourselves -- merch incoming.
The store features T-shirts and buttons emblazoned with Clinton's face and the word "Ready" in block letters. The group is also selling other merchandise, ranging from hats to stickers to iPhone buttons, with their logo.

It appears to be the first organized merchandise store selling Clinton presidential wares, and reflects the enthusiasm — and mounting sense of inevitability — surrounding the former secretary of State's potential run.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

tgb wrote:
coopasonic wrote:
Actually I was thinking about Bill. The question of eligibility is open to interpretation.
No, it is not. No one who has served eight years of President is eligible to be elected President, and no one who is ineligible to be elected President is eligible to be elected Vice President. There is no controversy over this.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

rshetts2 wrote:
lol I can just see them on the podium right now blasting out "Takin care of Business"
I am both revolted, and turned on at the same time.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
rshetts2 wrote:
I am both revolted, and turned on at the same time.
Are you imagining it with their actual voices? It's like being dumped into ice water.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

I think about it every day.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LOL
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Did I miss the memo somewhere? When a politician suggests they are suddenly interested in visiting Israel, is that really code for "I'm planning on running for President" ?
“Any future considerations I will announce in due time, and I will arrive at that decision appropriately, but my focus will remain on Texas,” Perry said at the time.
Is there some link between Israel and Texas that I'm not aware of?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote:Did I miss the memo somewhere? When a politician suggests they are suddenly interested in visiting Israel, is that really code for "I'm planning on running for President" ?
“Any future considerations I will announce in due time, and I will arrive at that decision appropriately, but my focus will remain on Texas,” Perry said at the time.
All presidential candidates must first be vetted by the Zionist World Order. The left get the once over from Hollywood elite, the right get it from Israel. It's all very simple really, and coordinated from thir base on the far side of the moon.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Smoove_B wrote:Did I miss the memo somewhere? When a politician suggests they are suddenly interested in visiting Israel, is that really code for "I'm planning on running for President" ?
Just that it makes him look more worldly and like he has some level of foreign policy experience.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
malchior

Post by malchior »

Arcanis wrote:Just that it makes him look more worldly and like he has some level of foreign policy experience.
Cause this weakness was clearly his problem last time. :lol:

The way Republicans have been acting ... 2016 is going to be interesting. You have to figure 2 more years alienating minorities and women aren't going to do the next candidate any favors.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

malchior wrote:You have to figure 2 more years alienating minorities and women aren't going to do the next candidate any favors.
I haven't paid enough attention to Mr Perry's career to know this, so I'll just ask: is his reputation with Hispanics strong enough to overcome the GOP's expected bungling of immigration reform? That is, might he transcend his party's vulnerability (assuming the House blows it, as they appear determined to do)?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He got 39% in 2010.
There are many reasons why Latinos in Texas have not moved as sharply against the GOP as they have elsewhere, but one big reason in this election was because Rick Perry has opposed Arizona-style immigration legislation, a position that he has reiterated. He may not be able to hold back those in the Texas Legislature who want to enact such legislation from making some headlines, but as anyone who has observed the Texas Legislature can tell you, a lot of bad things can happen to legislation opposed by the Governor’s office.
While Hispanics in Texas are generally pro-Democratic, they aren’t as overwhelmingly so as elsewhere. If the Republican Party in Texas can keep its focus on bread-and-butter issues that can bring Hispanics into the GOP camp (or at least around 40% of them), they can maintain their current position as the majority party in Texas.
It's not an edge he's likely to be able to count on outside the state.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

It feels like it takes 40 years to drive across the Texas.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Biyobi wrote:
It feels like it takes 40 days and nights to drive across the Texas.
FTFY! :doh:
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You can easily lose a day in Texas. Shreveport to El Paso takes ~12 hours.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Pyperkub wrote:
Biyobi wrote:
It feels like it takes 40 days and nights to drive across the Texas.
FTFY! :doh:
Joshua 5:6

Ale
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote: Is there some link between Israel and Texas that I'm not aware of?
Israel is the same latitude as Texas. It's easy travel for Flat-Earthers.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Tuesday that he is considering running for another term in 2016, when he would be 80 years old.

"I'm seriously thinking about maybe giving another opportunity for you to vote for or against me in a few years from now," McCain said on KFYI-AM in Phoenix. "I'm seriously giving that a lot of thought."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... n-in-2016/

:laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling:
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Rip wrote:
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Tuesday that he is considering running for another term in 2016, when he would be 80 years old.

"I'm seriously thinking about maybe giving another opportunity for you to vote for or against me in a few years from now," McCain said on KFYI-AM in Phoenix. "I'm seriously giving that a lot of thought."

:laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling:
Why is that funny - you don't think he has a chance?

For a long while, I had a lot of respect for McCain, thinking he was a true moderate R, but the last few years have shown me the error of my ways. Every time he does something or makes a statement that seems like he is holding the country's vs his party's interest at heart, he, or his little today mouthpiece minion Lindsay Graham says something to completely change my mind. His presidential run didn't help my opinion either.

Irregardless, I would think he would at least have a decent chance unless he obviously starts showing signs of age like not being able to hear or see well.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Since I'll be eligible to be President in 2016, I suppose I ought to start forming an exploratory committee. I wonder if there's an eHow article on that.
Black Lives Matter.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Rip wrote:

Why is that funny - you don't think he has a chance?

For a long while, I had a lot of respect for McCain, thinking he was a true moderate R, but the last few years have shown me the error of my ways. Every time he does something or makes a statement that seems like he is holding the country's vs his party's interest at heart, he, or his little today mouthpiece minion Lindsay Graham says something to completely change my mind. His presidential run didn't help my opinion either.

Irregardless, I would think he would at least have a decent chance unless he obviously starts showing signs of age like not being able to hear or see well.

No I don't think he has any chance. He doesn't even have any chance of getting the nomination. I am a pretty far to the right and I would vote for Hillary before McCain. Now take a second and let that sink in....

I have doubts about whether he could even win his own seat back.
The statewide survey shows John McCain's popularity has dropped to the lowest level since the Behavior Research Center began asking about him in 2002. Only 26 percent of the 700 adult heads of households questioned earlier this month rate his performance as excellent or good.

Conversely, 36 percent say he is doing a poor or very poor job in office. This is the first time the survey has showed McCain's negative numbers exceeded his positives.

Further, only 21 percent now say he deserves another term - if he wants one - in 2016, though clearly a lot could change between now and then.

It's not just Democrats dragging the numbers down. Jim Haynes, president of the Behavior Research Center, found 61 percent of Republicans think it's time for someone else.
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/govt-an ... 4a0d2.html
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

El Guapo wrote:Since I'll be eligible to be President in 2016, I suppose I ought to start forming an exploratory committee. I wonder if there's an eHow article on that.
Me Too! Guapo/Fret '16!