Political Randomness

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: Political Randomness

Post by El Guapo »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:18 pm But it doesn’t say 88% of whatever; it says out of 88 claims, 13 will be granted asylum. Who gives a fraction out of 88? It’s not like that makes the percentage a round number.

Also, there is one section that is bolded instead of bullet pointed. So there are 14 discrete blocks of text.
ehhhhhh...that seems like a HUGE stretch. Also, it's not like "we must secure the border" is a weird or unusual thing for DHS to say.

Not that DHS isn't run by fascists, it's just that the clues to the Nazis out there are more grabbing brown people in large numbers and tearing them from their children, not obscure numerology.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

We need to avoid jumping on conspiracy theories in light of our condemnation of the alt/extreme right’s love of them.
He won. Period.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

If it were just the name of the article, sure, seems a stretch. But the name combined with the 88 number is a pretty big coincidence, IMO. I have yet to hear a decent explanation as to why they would use 13/88 instead of something like 15/100.
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I'm nowhere near convinced of it, but that 88 is awkwardly phrased, and it does seem to be a big coincidence if it wasn't intended.
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Defiant wrote:I'm nowhere near convinced of it, but that 88 is awkwardly phrased, and it does seem to be a big coincidence if it wasn't intended.
It looks like a coincidence to me but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a high concentration of Nazis in ICE. Law enforcement has been a relative haven for supremacist views, since its inception. A decent amount of the original usage in the US was in slave recovery, the Klan has a well documented history of involvement in law enforcement.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... tes-part-1

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children" vs. "We Must Secure The Border And Build The Wall To Make America Safe Again".
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I'd also add the whole "We must secure..." seems a very odd title for a press release (although maybe not in the age of Trump). I did find one other one in a similar format ("We Need to End Unchecked Chain Migration and Eliminate the Reckless Visa Lottery to Secure the Nation and Protect the American Worker"), but the others look more like the kind of titles you might expect (I mean, some others do have hyperbole, but the format of the titles aren't first person)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Moliere wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:38 am "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children" vs. "We Must Secure The Border And Build The Wall To Make America Safe Again".
I know I've heard the 88 calls plenty of times before but until you posted that I was like "whatever". When you connect the dots like that, yep, dog whistle. 14 points don't matter to me but the 14 word title that begin with "We Must Secure" plus bolding the arbitrary "out of 88"

I don't chalk it up as conspiracy but I do chalk it up to the DHS (you know the agency the screens people) needs to screen these people out and the person or people in charge of publishing that document need to be put on administrative leave and review with the possibility of termination after review.

Police attract this kind of person and give them a place be a concentrated effort we need to guard against that.

Also, what's terrible is that press person was probably in place before Trump took office and I have to fully admit even though it's very likely a dog whistle they would have pulled under the previous administration, I wouldn't have given it so much scrutiny. That benefit of doubt. That hope that even if it's true it's no so bad at that is gone.
Enough

Post by Enough »

So after being pardoned by Trump, D’Souza has been retweeting hashtags #burntheJews and #BringBackSlavery. Is this morning in America? Ugh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Rip

Post by Rip »

Enough wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:48 pm So after being pardoned by Trump, D’Souza has been retweeting hashtags #burntheJews and #BringBackSlavery. Is this morning in America? Ugh.

Well he was retweeting things that had been tweeted about his movie. Doubt many people actually look at all the hashtags of articles they retweet.

Enough

Post by Enough »

Rip wrote:
Enough wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:48 pm So after being pardoned by Trump, D’Souza has been retweeting hashtags #burntheJews and #BringBackSlavery. Is this morning in America? Ugh.

Well he was retweeting things that had been tweeted about his movie. Doubt many people actually look at all the hashtags of articles they retweet.

OMG, seriously? I sure as shit do.

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Enough

Post by Enough »

Enough wrote:
Rip wrote:

And any liberals I hold to the same standards, it's just incredibly sloppy at best and given the poster it is a dog whistle on steroids.

Enough

Post by Enough »

Enough wrote:
Rip wrote:

And any liberals I hold to the same standards, it's just incredibly sloppy at best and given the poster it is a dog whistle on steroids.

Holman

Post by Holman »

This has happened with him before. He offered a coy denial then too.

Even if you decide to believe him (and you shouldn't), it shows the kind of people he attracts.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) on Monday tweeted, then deleted, a racist cartoon depicting minorities with stereotypical features punching Uncle Sam.

The cartoon features a Jewish man with a hooked nose, a black man with exaggerated lips, an Asian man with slanted eyes and a man who looks like a neanderthal punching Uncle Sam and yelling “cultural Marxism!”
link
Holman

Post by Holman »

Defiant wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:30 pm
Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) on Monday tweeted, then deleted, a racist cartoon depicting minorities with stereotypical features punching Uncle Sam.

The cartoon features a Jewish man with a hooked nose, a black man with exaggerated lips, an Asian man with slanted eyes and a man who looks like a neanderthal punching Uncle Sam and yelling “cultural Marxism!”
link
I saw the image. There's no mistaking its crude racism and no hiding behind claims it was accidental.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Holman wrote:

link
I saw the image. There's no mistaking its crude racism and no hiding behind claims it was accidental.
I have met him in person as an undergrad and got the creeps when I was responsible for entertaining while he visited campus many years ago.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:29 pm

link
Ron Paul wrote:"Earlier today a staff member inadvertently posted an offensive cartoon on my social media," Paul tweeted. "I do not make my own social media posts and when I discovered the mistake it was immediately deleted."
Isn't the point of the blue twitter check mark to indicate it's actually the account of the person? Shouldn't that be revoked if you admit you don't even use it?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Old man yells at cloud?
An Iranian general on Monday accused Israel of manipulating weather to prevent rain over the Islamic Republic, alleging his country was facing cloud “theft,” ...

...“Israel and another country in the region have joint teams which work to ensure clouds entering Iranian skies are unable to release rain,” he said.

“On top of that, we are facing the issue of cloud and snow theft,” Jalali added, citing a survey showing that, above 2,200 meters (7,218 feet), all mountainous areas between Afghanistan and the Mediterranean are covered in snow, except Iran.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:02 pm
Holman wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:29 pm

link
Ron Paul wrote:"Earlier today a staff member inadvertently posted an offensive cartoon on my social media," Paul tweeted. "I do not make my own social media posts and when I discovered the mistake it was immediately deleted."
Isn't the point of the blue twitter check mark to indicate it's actually the account of the person? Shouldn't that be revoked if you admit you don't even use it?
He can blame it on an intern or whatever, but the newsletter he published for years included all kinds of racist shit that he has barely bothered to to disavow during his various candidacies.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Enough wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:49 pm
Holman wrote:

link
I have met him in person as an undergrad and got the creeps when I was responsible for entertaining while he visited campus many years ago.

I interviewed him in 88 and supported his bid for president. I am shamed.
Enough

Post by Enough »

LordMortis wrote:
Holman wrote:

link

It was 88 when we hosted him at CSU.

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Might want to chuck this one in your calendar: according to InfoWars founder Alex Jones, the Democrats are planning on kick off a second American Civil War this coming Wednesday.
link

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I don't care what side you're on, I think we can all agree liberals are better at comedy. :lol:
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Enough wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:48 pm
LordMortis wrote:
Holman wrote:

link

88! Why are you signaling white nationalists? Are you two secret fascists???

edit: And Mortis's sentence has 14 words!!! I wonder which white nationalist group you two are a part of.
Last edited by El Guapo on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Those Civil War letters are great. I loved:

"To my Dearest

This evening we stormed the local Hobby Lobby. To our surprise, the macrame section provided sufficient jute to weave four score hammocks with attached wedding tulle to help repel the mosquitoes. We sleep in comfort one more night."
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:13 am
LordMortis wrote:
Holman wrote:

link

edit: And Mortis's sentence has 14 words!!! I wonder which white nationalist group you two are a part of.
That was two sentences and you'll never know why!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:52 am
El Guapo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:13 am
LordMortis wrote:
Holman wrote:

link

That was two sentences and you'll never know why!
Say, how do you feel about securing things?
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:00 pm Say, how do you feel about securing things?
confidentialclassifed
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Trump supporters band together to boycott store that sells "Impeach 45" apparel.

Difficulty: Wal-Mart
Supporters of President Trump on Monday launched a boycott against Walmart after it was discovered the superstore was selling apparel promoting Trump's impeachment.

The hashtag #BoycottWalmart became a trend on Twitter as users railed against the company. Users were taking issue with "Impeach 45" apparel that was being offered on Walmart's website.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
Federal prosecutors concluded an 18-month investigation into a former congressional technology staffer on Tuesday by publicly debunking allegations — promoted by conservative media and President Trump — suggesting he was a Pakistani operative who stole government secrets with cover from House Democrats.

As part of an agreement with prosecutors, Imran Awan pleaded guilty to a relatively minor offense unrelated to his work on Capitol Hill: making a false statement on a bank loan application. U.S. prosecutors said they would not recommend jail time.

But the agreement included an unusual passage that described the scope of the investigation and cleared Awan of a litany of conspiracy theories promulgated on Internet blogs, picked up by right-leaning news sites and fanned by Trump on Twitter.

“The Government has uncovered no evidence that your client violated federal law with respect to the House computer systems,” including stealing equipment or illegally accessing or transferring information, prosecutors wrote in an 11-page plea agreement dated and signed Tuesday.

Federal prosecutors described in the agreement a “thorough investigation” that included forensic analysis of computer equipment and other devices, log-on and usage data and interviews with about 40 witnesses.

Awan and four of his associates, including family members, worked as IT specialists for dozens of Democratic lawmakers until they were banned from the computer network in February 2017, accused of violating House security rules. The ensuing investigation attracted aggressive coverage by conservative media outlets — led by the Daily Caller — and prompted calls from Trump to prosecute Awan, whom the president referred to in one tweet as the “Pakistani mystery man.”

The case has highlighted Trump’s willingness to lobby for specific outcomes of federal criminal investigations and to suggest a coverup by his own Justice Department. Trump also attempted to tie Awan to the hacking of the Democratic National Committee server — a breach that intelligence agencies have concluded was directed by Russia.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

That's just what a deep state investigation would say.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:04 pm That's just what a deep state investigation would say.
The office that conducted the investigation is led by Trump-nominated U.S. Attorney Jessie K. Liu.
:coffee:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:10 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:04 pm That's just what a deep state investigation would say.
The office that conducted the investigation is led by Trump-nominated U.S. Attorney Jessie K. Liu.
:coffee:
Obviously the deep state compromised Liu. Jesus, don't you know how the deep state works?
Black Lives Matter.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I hear they have tapes of her peeing on a bed that Obama slept in this one time.
Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Up until now, I just assumed the only famous people associated with Steubenville, Ohio were Dean Martin and Traci Lords.
He won. Period.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Just like they did last year, NPR decided to Tweet out the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July.

And just like last year, the Red Hats accused them of spreading partisan propaganda as a result.

The stupid, it burns! :grund:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Skinypupy wrote:Just like they did last year, NPR decided to Tweet out the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July.

And just like last year, the Red Hats accused them of spreading partisan propaganda as a result.

The stupid, it burns! :grund:
Well it is a document rooted in treason after all...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Well, to be fair, the use of the phrase "savage Indians" screams left-wing language, doesn't it?