Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Defiant

Re: Political Randomness

Post by Defiant »

Kellyanne Conway's husband:

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Paingod wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 pm After Trump was elected, I couldn't help but notice that NPR tried really hard to show no bias or sides. Lately, I've been noticing that they kind of stopped doing that. I can hear them doing eyerolls now when they talk about Trump stories, calling out lies, and flatly contradicting him ... like now they say "The president said this which isn't true..." ... and before they'd just say "The president said this..." .

I suppose it became impossible to call a pig a genetically challenged human and they just call it a pig now.

He's been on a roe to eliminate the CPB since he's been elected and there has been a long felt conservative sentiment that the CPB is a liberal propaganda tool, why shouldn't they drop the gloves and not even be liberal. Just be honest rather than struggle to appear non biased. For the last decade, reality has had a liberal bias, trying to remove that bias... well...
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Somebody said somewhere that when one source tells you it's raining and another source says it's sunny and dry, the journalist's job isn't to report what they both said; the journalist's job is to look out the fucking window. This is actually a radical idea in media outlets that once bent over backwards to be genuinely fair and balanced.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Defiant wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:41 pm Kellyanne Conway's husband:

I'm fascinated by that couple. I have to wonder if it's awkward for the children to watch mommy and daddy threaten each other with firearms each night.
Covfefe!
Enough

Post by Enough »

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Holman

Post by Holman »

Enough wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:59 pm
Please tell me Kim went full Lysistrata.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:39 pm Please tell me Kim went full Lysistrata.
Damn it.
wikipedia wrote:Lysistrata (/laɪˈsɪstrətə/ or /ˌlɪsəˈstrɑːtə/; Attic Greek: Λυσιστράτη, Lysistrátē, "Army Disbander") is a comedy by Aristophanes, originally performed in classical Athens in 411 BCE. It is a comic account of a woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War between Greek city states by denying all the men of the land any sex, which was the only thing they truly and deeply desired. Lysistrata persuades the women of the warring cities to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace—a strategy, however, that inflames the battle between the sexes.

The play is notable for being an early exposé of sexual relations in a male-dominated society. Additionally, its dramatic structure represents a shift from the conventions of Old Comedy, a trend typical of the author's career.[2] It was produced in the same year as the Thesmophoriazusae, another play with a focus on gender-based issues, just two years after Athens' catastrophic defeat in the Sicilian Expedition. At this time, Greek theatre was a profound form of entertainment, which was extremely popular for all audiences as it addressed political issues relevant to that time.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Thank you.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Make America great again....get rid of Trump and vote his GOP cronies out.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This isn't what I'd call feel good but it is a nice juxtaposition for when it is being suggested Jews funding Islamic terrorists to sneak past US borders by means of foot traffic from Central America. More than Thoughts and Prayers, really strike deep with me.

https://www.10tv.com/article/muslim-gro ... gh-victims
NEW YORK — A fundraiser organized by two Muslim-American groups for the victims of Saturday's deadly shooting in a Pittsburgh synagogue reached its goal of raising $150,000 from about 3,600 donors in just over 48 hours. Some of the money is already on the way to victims and their families, and organizers say they hope to cover the funeral costs for all 11 people who were killed.

The fundraiser on the site LaunchGood is a joint effort by the groups Celebrate Mercy and MPower Change. It reached its initial goal of $25,000 in just under six hours after being launched Saturday afternoon, according to Tarek El-Messidi, founder of Celebrate Mercy, a group that teaches about the prophet Mohammed through education and charitable campaigns. The fundraiser welcomes contributions from donors regardless of faith.

"Initially it was intended to be a gesture of solidarity," said Linda Sarsour, the co-founder of MPower Change, in an interview with CBS News on Monday. "We wanted to give more than just 'thoughts and prayers.'"
Holman

Post by Holman »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:17 pm This isn't what I'd call feel good but it is a nice juxtaposition for when it is being suggested Jews funding Islamic terrorists to sneak past US borders by means of foot traffic from Central America. More than Thoughts and Prayers, really strike deep with me.

https://www.10tv.com/article/muslim-gro ... gh-victims
NEW YORK — A fundraiser organized by two Muslim-American groups for the victims of Saturday's deadly shooting in a Pittsburgh synagogue reached its goal of raising $150,000 from about 3,600 donors in just over 48 hours. Some of the money is already on the way to victims and their families, and organizers say they hope to cover the funeral costs for all 11 people who were killed.

The fundraiser on the site LaunchGood is a joint effort by the groups Celebrate Mercy and MPower Change. It reached its initial goal of $25,000 in just under six hours after being launched Saturday afternoon, according to Tarek El-Messidi, founder of Celebrate Mercy, a group that teaches about the prophet Mohammed through education and charitable campaigns. The fundraiser welcomes contributions from donors regardless of faith.

"Initially it was intended to be a gesture of solidarity," said Linda Sarsour, the co-founder of MPower Change, in an interview with CBS News on Monday. "We wanted to give more than just 'thoughts and prayers.'"
Something that never gets reported is that there is a large amount of interfaith/ecumenical cooperation going on in America. It doesn't fit the prevailing geopolitical narrative (by which religions are always and necessarily at ideological war) or even the prevailing sense of what "religion" is (usually only Evangelical conservatives), but it's very real and almost commonplace.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

That's rich, coming from Sarsour. How about she start by condemning, rather than embracing, Louis Farrakhan, who has repeatedly spouted vile anti-Semitic drivel?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Defiant wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:41 pm Kellyanne Conway's husband:
<snip tweet>
I meant to comment on this earlier. You can't make it easier for drumpf. You expect leadership from our leaders. You need to turn to him every chance you get that you would turn to any other president, and ask/demand he lead. That he falls down repeatedly is irrelevant.

You can always turn to others for leadership afterward, but you elected this doofus to do the job of the president. You shouldn't let him off the hook just because he's terrible at it. Make him try every single time. If he is unqualified for the job, get him to show it to the american people every chance you get, so that it gets pounded into their heads that who you elect president matters.

After he's fallen on his face, you can get the competent leaders to actually do the job. Every time.

I realize I'm repeating myself, but do not make it easy for the administration and the public to keep up the facade that this is normal and that they are doing a good job.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:17 pm This isn't what I'd call feel good but it is a nice juxtaposition for when it is being suggested Jews funding Islamic terrorists to sneak past US borders by means of foot traffic from Central America. More than Thoughts and Prayers, really strike deep with me.

<snip evidence of muslims not being monsters that they are assumed to be by many people>
If not all muslims support terrorism, why aren't they doing more to denounce the terrorists? Eh?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

On phone so no links, but a second woman has come forward claiming she was offered money re: Meuller.

Also, Drumpf goes after Ryan on twitter of course, claiming Ryan knows nothing about immigration/executive orders.

Lastly and somewhat ironically, the Pittsburgh shooter has had a number of Doctors of Jewish persuasion treat him. So you know he's not getting into white supremacist heaven now.

It's a fun Halloween this year.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:40 pm On phone so no links, but a second woman has come forward claiming she was offered money re: Meuller.

Also, Drumpf goes after Ryan on twitter of course, claiming Ryan knows nothing about immigration/executive orders.

Lastly and somewhat ironically, the Pittsburgh shooter has had a number of Doctors of Jewish persuasion treat him. So you know he's not getting into white supremacist heaven now.

It's a fun Halloween this year.
They probably gave him an aggressive circumcision...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
milo

Post by milo »

No, they didn't. Because they are doctors and have sworn oaths to care for people in need, and not to do them harm.
--milo
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

milo wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:35 am No, they didn't. Because they are doctors and have sworn oaths to care for people in need, and not to do them harm.
+1

Although I suspect his comment was tongue-cheek.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Circumcisions half off today only!

Enlarge Image

Trump took 2.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Got a mail today with the subject line "Free Speech Screening". My first thought was that the usual suspects wanted to implement some kind of loyalty test before you can exercise free speech. And I wasn't shocked. That's sad.

Turns out it was for speech screening for free at the kid's school.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:33 am Got a mail today with the subject line "Free Speech Screening". My first thought was that the usual suspects wanted to implement some kind of loyalty test before you can exercise free speech. And I wasn't shocked. That's sad.

Turns out it was for speech screening for free at the kid's school.
As much as I'm beat down, I still don't consider myself left but this election season I've found that there are four paid election voice over actors with whom just hearing their voice I believe they are about to flat out lie with their propaganda. I have not been disappointed and I am becoming Pavlovian and I don't like it. "I know that voice. I'm about to hear a name that I will now forever be predisposed to want to vote against." The ad won't say if the candidate is blue or red. It will try to make the person seem blue and/or their opponent red but it will be using the modern ubiquitous tactic of gaslighting (so much so, it went from obscure term to dinner topic conversation over the last three years), which has been the republican go to since its the only play in the Trump handbook and works unbelievably well for him. I think the only viable thing left in the Republican tank is to go after Democrat hubris and my only surprise from them is that they don't. The shit being spewed is downright frustrating to me. At the same time, not one single ad is screaming "I'm a Trump loyalist" like they were in July and August and the money is hiding behind shell games again. I mentioned before, I had to dig pretty deep to find out the DeVoses were behind the worst lie filled "let us think for you and stop the theft of your tax dollar" ads of all.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

we got a robocall last night from somebody pushing Ted Cruz, I let the machine take it as I do with every call ever (yes we still have a land line with a physical answering machine - not my choice). As she said Ted Cruz I laughed loudly and said "good luck with that"... then I realized my in-laws were there. Boy my father in law was *not* pleased.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Did you remind him that Cruz's father killed a sitting American President in the past?
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:38 pm Did you remind him that Cruz's father killed a sitting American President in the past?
That's a plus. JFK was a Democrat after all.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was afraid that would be the answer. What about reminding him that Cruz is a known serial killer who may just kill again if he's reelected? Then provide him with proof consisting of a hand drawn, stick figure Cruz stabbing a man with a knife hastily scribbled on a napkin. If he balks, remind him also that Trump has used far less evidence in his conspiracy theories.

If none of that works, kick him in the nuts and run.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:50 pm I was afraid that would be the answer. What about reminding him that Cruz is a known serial killer who may just kill again if he's reelected? Then provide him with proof consisting of a hand drawn, stick figure Cruz stabbing a man with a knife hastily scribbled on a napkin. If he balks, remind him also that Trump has used far less evidence in his conspiracy theories.

If none of that works, kick him in the nuts and run.
Yeah, I would assume that at least some of the Zodiac Killer's victims were Republicans.
Black Lives Matter.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

*hides his avatar*
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If I missed this, it's a pretty sneaky way to invite money into the 2018 election. In Juky, the Trump administration issued Revenue Procedure 2018-38 to revoke a decades old requirement that 501(c)(4)s report their donors to the IRS. That means all those Tea Party 501(c)(4)s can avoid identifying their donors in this election and future elections. Democratic Senate Finance Committee member Sen. Wyden asked for an explanation 2 months ago and received no response from the IRS or vote on the rule in the Senate.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not sure when it started, I think the 2000s, but I hate that campaign ads always say "I approve this message" at the end... OF ALL OF THEM! Ya I figured you approved of it or you wouldn't let it play or would not have read it yourself. I thought it was stupid and funny when it started but now it makes me prickly. Im tired of the trend/fad/law. Lets get rid of the crap.

EDIT: Ya here it is ....2002.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_by_ ... _provision
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The local news has 2 stories. One is about Trump the other is car thieves. But they are listed right after each other and their titles I found funny.

Could Trump and Pence visit Chattanooga?

LOCK YOUR DOORS!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

So I was looking though my Facebook settings as I sometimes do because the game is constantly changing. FB now give you a list of people who advertise you because "These advertisers are running ads using a contact list they uploaded that includes your contact info. This info was collected by the advertiser, typically after you shared your email address with them or another business they've partnered with." and the amount of political groups that have acquired my contact information and bought into cross referencing on FB just pisses me off. Not FB, mind you, the political organizations. Everywhere I turn, they are aggregating and paying to break in to my world. Some of them are groups I literally despise, and the only solace I can take is that paid for the privilege and FB advertising has become much less obtrusive (intrusive?) over the years.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Whenever a political website wants my email address (when taking a survey, for example) I give them "nope@lol.com." It amuses me to think of the amount of spam going there. Apologies if it's your address.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:50 am Whenever a political website wants my email address (when taking a survey, for example) I give them "nope@lol.com." It amuses me to think of the amount of spam going there. Apologies if it's your address.
I have given my contact info to exactly one political organization in my life, the Obama campaign, and that is different email address than FB has, though somehow FB did at one time get my address book to my main email, I don't know how but they did. I won't complain too much about that specific bit of cross reference privacy breach which I can only assume was extended from LinkedIn, which I seriously regret signing up for.... but I FB's invading my main email put me in touch with two or three people I never even realized I has lost touch with.

I really assume my email and pertinents were bought from one of the numerous breaches. Shortly after the Experian(?) breach a fellow OOer posted a link to a "how many breaches have you been affected by" link... So naturally I put in my email :lol: and there was a fairly long list of companies I had not ever done anything with who had leaked information about me as related to that email address. (That was kind of an eye opener and led me to freezing all my credit)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Teachers and staff at Idaho middle school dress as a border wall (complete with MAGA slogan) for Halloween.

The kicker: They did so while giving out student awards for "respect".

Yes, people really are that stupid. :grund:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

It works. That costume scares the shit outta me.

Also 13 teachers of children, what, 4 to 12, had to get together and think that was a good enough idea to coordinate it in to a giant "feel good" spirit type message. Just... 13 Mr Garrison's in one elementary school. That's...
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I thought schools were just mind warping liberal propaganda factories?

Can I believe nothing from the Right? So disillusioned.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Well, it's Idaho.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Why is there a splotch of blue tape on the left most "wall", and a splotch of red tape on the right most wall? Some kind of symbolism?
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:36 pm Also 13 teachers of children, what, 4 to 12, had to get together and think that was a good enough idea to coordinate it in to a giant "feel good" spirit type message. Just... 13 Mr Garrison's in one elementary school. That's...
That's what kills me. That not one of these idiots stopped for one second to think "y'know, maybe this isn't the best choice. Maybe we should do something else." Nope. They just plowed right on ahead, giving the standard MAGA "fuck your feelings" finger to 12 year old kids.

I'm sure we'll hear shortly all about how awful liberals for criticizing their choices.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.