Fundraising for 2019/2020. 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $382.44 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Aug 13/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here

Ukraine

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Max Peck

Re: Ukraine

Post by Max Peck » Wed May 22, 2019 8:42 am

I'm sure this will all end well...

Ukraine's Zelensky picks TV colleagues for presidential staff
Ukraine's new president, Volodymyr Zelensky, has announced his administration - and several positions have gone to his former TV colleagues.

His only political experience until now has been playing the role of president in the Servant of the People TV show.

The deputy head of the presidency, Serhiy Trofimov, was a producer in Mr Zelensky's Kvartal 95 studio.

A scriptwriter, studio co-founder, and producer were also awarded roles in the administration or as aides.

He has also given the job of deputy head of Ukraine's SBU security service to an old friend, Ivan Bakanov, who ran the TV studio and set up his political party.

Not all positions have gone to former entertainment professionals.

Andriy Bohdan, a lawyer who previously worked for one of Ukraine's richest men, Ihor Kolomoisky, and who had a role in Mr Zelensky's election campaign was handed the key role as head of the administration.
Time and tide melt the snowman.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic » Wed May 22, 2019 10:14 am

When I become president, my cabinet will all be GG/OO regulars. A few of them would even pass muster.

The rest, one hopes, would pass the mustard.
-Coop

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm

BBC
Anti-terrorism police in northern Italy have seized an air-to-air missile and other sophisticated weapons during raids on far-right extremist groups.

Three people were arrested, two of them near Forli airport. Neo-Nazi propaganda was also seized, in the raids.

The raids were part of an investigation into Italian far-right help for Russian-backed separatist forces in eastern Ukraine, local media said.

The missile was one of those used by the Qatari army, Italian police said.
Italian media named those arrested as Fabio Del Bergiolo, 50, an Italian ex-customs officer and far-right Forza Nuova party activist; Alessandro Monti, 42, a Swiss national; and Fabio Bernardi, 51, also Italian.

The missile appears to be a French-made Matra Super 530 F.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:36 pm

coopasonic wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:14 am
When I become president, my cabinet will all be GG/OO regulars. A few of them would even pass muster.

The rest, one hopes, would pass the mustard.
I refuse to be your Ivanka.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic