Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

em2nought

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by em2nought »

If I was Trump I'd start having those letters done in all CAPS just for the shear fun of watching the reactions for the next month, then I'd announce that it was Baron's idea. :wink:
Enlarge Image
two months
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

As a copy editor, I give at least a pedantic crap. A lot of publications have internal style guides that I have to follow when working for them; most are just arbitrary and picayune departures from AP or Chicago Manual style. One company, for example, capitalizes job titles after a person's name in callouts, but not in body text. AP says that U.S. takes periods in body text after first reference, but not in headlines; this client uses US in all instances. (shrug) Whatever. Style is about Internal consistency. There is no universal arbiter of right and wrong, only common and uncommon conventions. If you provide me a copy of your style guide, I'll dutifully spend a lot of time looking things like that up. You're paying me by the hour, after all.

Since that letter conformed to internal WH rules, the schoolteacher is just being snarky. Maybe she doesn't even know that there is no universally correct style. Liberals don't know everything! Sad!!!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Kraken wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:45 pm As a copy editor, I give at least a pedantic crap.
Of course, and that's fine.

Having it turn into a proxy war for pro/anti-drumpf is unbelievably stupid, as Em's post clearly illustrates.

Because punctuation is a liberal agenda propagated by sjws.
Holman

Post by Holman »

"That WH staff letter is not as stylistically weak as has been suggested!!" is moving the goalposts on a thermonuclear scale.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:40 pm If I was Trump I'd start having those letters done in all CAPS just for the shear fun of watching the reactions for the next month, then I'd announce that it was Baron's idea. :wink:
Enlarge Image
Is that a Trump supporter freaking out because she heard someone speaking Spanish in the line in front of her? :mrgreen:
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:04 pm Is that a Trump supporter freaking out because she heard someone speaking Spanish in the line in front of her? :mrgreen:
No, it's a barista after I responded with "Trump" when she asked for a name with my order. :wink:
two months
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:32 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:04 pm Is that a Trump supporter freaking out because she heard someone speaking Spanish in the line in front of her? :mrgreen:
No, it's a barista after I responded with "Trump" when she asked for a name with my order. :wink:
Oh, then she’s freaking out because she just assumed a Trump supporter was incapable of even that rudimentary level of speech. :ninja:
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:03 pm "That WH staff letter is not as stylistically weak as has been suggested!!" is moving the goalposts on a thermonuclear scale.
:lol: That made my night.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

That em2nought cares more about liberal reactions to things than actual policy should tell you all you need to know about Trump supporters.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

YellowKing wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 am That em2nought cares more about liberal reactions to things than actual policy should tell you all you need to know about Trump supporters.
Yep, Em2 (non ironically) just acted exactly like the cartoon Smoove shared on the previous page....

"We are owning libs with our steak eating. Hashtag #WellDone. Are you crying? Do need a safe space?"

and I'd love to hear if he even gets the cartoon and how he's the butt of the joke.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

tgb wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:38 am This is what happens when Drumpf sends a letter to a retired English teacher (and yes, she did send it back).

Enlarge Image
Image reduced because OMG

We used to go around the University of Michigan Kiosks and red pen Political Action call.s I don't know why. I didn't even go the University of Michigan.

I have to say that letter wouldn't have even crossed our radar. Of course we were "grading" college kids and presumed college drop outs putting up vague calls to action, often handwritten and the photocopied, not professional documents from government. *shrug*
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Respect.
It's enough to bring a tear to your eye. The layers of respect woven are so powerful it feels unreal. But then you get that lump in your throat.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Unagi wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:31 am and I'd love to hear if he even gets the cartoon and how he's the butt of the joke.
EM2 not get joke, just want get barista's big cookie. ;)
Enlarge Image
two months
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I always figured you were a closeted blue.
He won. Period.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Enlarge Image

Sadly, a picture of a woman alone and driving a car is trailblazing.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Enlarge Image
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jesus clearly can't roll his eyes high enough.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

This is why we can't have nice things.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

That's no different than your standard crazy person covering their car with seashells or whatever.

Seriously, and I'm being completely straight here, I assume the owner of that car is schizophrenic or some other sort of mental disorder.

That, or Rip is just trolling his neighbourhood because he hates existence so very, very much.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I must have deleted the photo because I don't want it sullying my image gallery...but there is a stretch limo covered in crazy Trump slogans parked just a few blocks from my home.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

'Merica!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Joe Rogan Experience #1125 - Candace Owens
Candace Owens is the communication director for Turning Point USA, which is an American conservative nonprofit organization whose stated mission is "to educate students about true free market values."
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Yeah...I'm not going to watch 2 1/2 hours. Can you sum it up?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:24 pm Yeah...I'm not going to watch 2 1/2 hours. Can you sum it up?
Candace Owens is a conspiracy-spouting right-winger who has embraced Alex Jones and believes that liberalism is fascism. Her prominence is based mostly on being an African-American Trump supporter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Enlarge Image

Kim is totally messing with Trump, right? Giving him an oversized envelope to make Trump's hands look tiny?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Looks like a Publishers Clearinghouse ad to me.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Holman wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:29 pm Jesus clearly can't roll his eyes high enough.
Too funny! It's a California license plate. I wonder if he has repeated claims from all the SJWs out there? I bet his insurance company would drop him if they saw his hatch. lmao
two months
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:32 pm
Holman wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:29 pm Jesus clearly can't roll his eyes high enough.
Too funny! It's a California license plate. I wonder if he has repeated claims from all the SJWs out there? I bet his insurance company would drop him if they saw his hatch. lmao

Nah, it's California. They're too busy being a thorn in Trump's side to worry about the loonies. As long as they can continue to drive the orange one nuts, they're happy. And considering that they're beating him at every turn, it's going to be a thorn the dumbass orange one can't reach for a long time. :mrgreen:
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:37 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:24 pm Yeah...I'm not going to watch 2 1/2 hours. Can you sum it up?
Candace Owens is a conspiracy-spouting right-winger who has embraced Alex Jones and believes that liberalism is fascism. Her prominence is based mostly on being an African-American Trump supporter.
Now that's an informative summary!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I think I've watched about 1/2 of the first Rogan show posted here, then about 10 mins of the next, and about 2 mins of the one after that.

I simply ignore it now.

He may have a real point at times (such as the need for more free speech education), I can't be sure, but I know what box he's constantly trying to wedge the conversation into, and it's not very compelling to me.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

em2nought wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:32 pm
You realize that he is the only nut in California, right?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:06 pm I think I've watched about 1/2 of the first Rogan show posted here, then about 10 mins of the next, and about 2 mins of the one after that.

I simply ignore it now.

He may have a real point at times (such as the need for more free speech education), I can't be sure, but I know what box he's constantly trying to wedge the conversation into, and it's not very compelling to me.
2 minutes? His podcasts are 2-3 hours long. Depending on the guest the topics could range all over the place. I listen to maybe half of them if I can find the time and if it's a guest I'm interested in. I skip most of the hunting and MMA guests, for example. It's rare that I listen to a show and don't spend part of my time googling topics that were brought up.
I listen to his podcasts on 1.5 speed so that helps with the time. The first half of the show is talking about her background and what caused her to go from liberal to conservative in her political views. It's a lot of name dropping for who is bad (Hillary, JayZ, Obama, etc) and who is good (Trump, Charlie Kirk, etc). The most interesting part of the show is in the second half when Joe challenges her view that Climate Change is fake or not real. He presses her on the fact that she admittedly doesn't have enough data to form an opinion. Basically, she wants to say that she doesn't believe it's real, when she should be saying "I don't know". They spend a good 20-30 minutes on this topic. The show ends with Joe trying to be too nice in order to make up for pressing her so hard on the Climate Change conversation. I thought it was funny that she didn't like the website Jaime pulled up because it was a .com site and therefore was only trying to make money. He then pulls up a .org site and she dismissed it because scientists can't be trusted. I thought she had some interesting comments about the black community. For example, she explained Kanye West's pro-Trump tweets and why they were so important. She aggressively went after Ben Shapiro for attacking Kanye since Ben has no idea how the black community works. I don't either so I'm just an observer on that one.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Moliere wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:00 am

2 minutes? His podcasts are 2-3 hours long. Depending on the guest the topics could range all over the place. I listen to maybe half of them if I can find the time and if it's a guest I'm interested in. I skip most of the hunting and MMA guests, for example. It's rare that I listen to a show and don't spend part of my time googling topics that were brought up.
Yeah, about that. Of course I gave him 10 minutes the time before that. And 30+ minutes the time before that.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:22 am
Moliere wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:00 am

Yeah, about that. Of course I gave him 10 minutes the time before that. And 30+ minutes the time before that.
You might be interested in the last 6 minutes of Joe Rogan being interviewed by Ben Shapiro. He explains his thoughts on the podcast, the audience listening, and how he picks guests for the show.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

No, probably not. I think I've given him as much of my time as I'm likely to.

I'm glad you find his show interesting however.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:49 pm Enlarge Image

Kim is totally messing with Trump, right? Giving him an oversized envelope to make Trump's hands look tiny?
Enlarge Image
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Enlarge Image