Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by hepcat »

Hilarious Tragically pathetic article on Trump's love of telling everyone he just got a standing ovation...no matter where he's at:
No one would be surprised then that Trump has often touted the many standing ovations he has received. Using the invaluable Trump Twitter Archive, I dug up a whole bunch of times Trump has been applauded wildly -- to the point of standing -- as recounted by none other than Donald Trump.
1. "Had a great meeting at CIA Headquarters yesterday, packed house, paid great respect to Wall, long standing ovations, amazing people. WIN!" (Jan. 22, 2017)
2. "Sleepy eyes Chuck Todd, a man with so little touch for politics, is at it again. He could not have watched my standing ovation speech in N.C." (July 6, 2016)
3. "@akawhit1: @Maxinerunner @RonNussbeck @realDonaldTrump MCCAIN WHO? #Vets Give Donald Trump Standing Ovation http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... itter_page ... ..." (July 23, 2015)
4. "A true piece about the standing ovations I got yesterday http://thegazette.com/subject/news/gove ... t-20150719 ..." (July 19, 2015)
5. "Just left Family Leadership Summit in Iowa, got a standing ovation from many wonderful people. I will be back soon." (July 18, 2015)
6. "Just received a standing ovation at #NCGOPCon when I said, "We need to bring the American Dream back better and stronger than ever before!" (June 6, 2015)
7. "Received a standing ovation in packed house @MorningsideEdu after Sam Clovis intro! Let's Make America Great Again!" (May 16, 2015)
8. "Big crowds, standing ovations in South Carolina - MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" (May 10, 2015)
9. "Just returned from New Hampshire where the crowd was great-and got a beautiful standing ovation! Wonderful people who truly love the U.S.A." (April 18, 2015)
10. "The NRA in Nashville today was amazing. Packed house and standing ovation for Trump. THANKS!" (April 10, 2015)
11. "Record crowd and standing ovation at Simpson College in Iowa- lots of fun, wonderful audience!" (April 9, 2015)
12. ".@IamStevenT gave one of the greatest endings to a show ever @MissUniverse. Standing ovation!" (This one is a "standing ovation by association"; November 11, 2013)
13. "The CPAC speech went really well this morning--- first speaker--- standing ovation. I really enjoyed it." (March 15, 2013)
14. "Based on the ovation last night from the Letterman @Late_Show audience, I believe it will be hard for Obama to throw $5M down the drain....(Unclear if this was a "standing" ovation but I am counting it because, let's be honest, it probably was) (October 26, 2012)
15. "Liberty University speech by DJT was biggest by far in school's history. Standing ovations...great young people!" (September 26, 2012)
16. Thousands of great people showed up from Liberty University yesterday. I love standing ovations! http://on.fb.me/PDS55W (September 25, 2012)
While Trump does most of his standing ovation boasting on Twitter, he's doesn't always limit his bragging to 140 characters.
My favorite? This one -- from January 26, 2017 -- in which Trump discusses the applause from a speech gave at the CIA:
"That speech was a home run. See what Fox said. They said it was one of the great speeches. They showed the people applauding and screaming. ... I got a standing ovation. In fact, they said it was the biggest standing ovation since Peyton Manning had won the Super Bowl, and they said it was equal. I got a standing ovation. It lasted for a long period of time."
Covfefe!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I've often wondered if the joke was on us... that 'a Standing Ovation' is a euphemism for, 'grab em by the pussy'.

:think:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:10 pm I've often wondered if the joke was on us... that 'a Standing Ovation' is a euphemism for, 'grab em by the pussy'.

:think:
Or being peed on.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That works too. :D
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

For whom the bell tolls. :wink:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hey, if you want her, you can have her. Really! We don't care. Take her and go.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:00 pm Hey, if you want her, you can have her. Really! We don't care. Take her and go.
Seriously.

Never mind the fact it has been debunked over and over and over and over again...all while the em's of the world continue to scream "LALALACANTHEARYOULALALALALA".

Not that I expect anything different at this point.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:00 pm Hey, if you want her, you can have her. Really! We don't care. Take her and go.
Here's a secret: it's not Hillary Clinton they want. It's all the rest of us too.

They're sick of soft liberal democracy and want something harder.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Just because Ted Bundy killed more people than Charles Manson doesn’t mean Manson is innocent. This is what people like em2 fail to understand.
Covfefe!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Moliere wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:36 pm
Is the guy behind him wearing a fake mustache?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Moliere wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:29 pm <snip image>
What are we supposed to get from that?

Can we expect other diagrams from the million other gender studies courses around the country from 20 years ago?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:09 am What are we supposed to get from that?
That nothing has changed in 20 years?
Enough

Post by Enough »

Enlarge Image
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:lol:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Understanding that he can't pass up the chance to mock a critic whose show failed, at least he knows when he's not being Presidential. Progress? :think:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Moliere wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 pm

Understanding that he can't pass up the chance to mock a critic whose show failed, at least he knows when he's not being Presidential. Progress? :think:
My understanding is that the show was a limited run regardless and closed after the full schedule had been completed. That doesn't mean it was a great success, I know nothing regarding box office numbers or attendance, but it does mean it was not "forced to close"..
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In Trump's distorted world, facts are fluid when it comes to anything that might damage his sense of self worth. That's why everyone that speaks out against him, or even mentions that he farted once in a lobby, is immediately described as failing. I'm fairly sure that the first time he got a D on a school paper as a child, he dropped off a note on Trump letterhead at the teacher's desk stating that she had failed at motivation and wouldn't be around much longer.
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Covfefe!
stessier

Post by stessier »

From the NY Times
Given the show’s limited run and modest grosses, neither the phrase “total bomb” nor “smash hit” seems to be a precise description of its financial performance. The capitalization costs are not public for “The Terms of My Surrender,” which was produced by IMG Original Content and Carole Shorenstein Hays. But it played to houses that were often about three-quarters full, and its weekly grosses ranged from about $260,000 to $460,000. It took in $4.2 million over all and was seen by 74,484 people, according to the Broadway League.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Randy Rainbow runs hot and cold, to me, but this one is hot.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Moliere wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:26 am
GreenGoo wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:09 am What are we supposed to get from that?
That nothing has changed in 20 years?
Hasn't it?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Remus West wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:39 pm
Moliere wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 pm

My understanding is that the show was a limited run regardless and closed after the full schedule had been completed. That doesn't mean it was a great success, I know nothing regarding box office numbers or attendance, but it does mean it was not "forced to close"..
Apparently, it did OK.
Trump was blasting Moore’s one-man play “The Terms of My Surrender,” which scorches Trump and closed last Sunday. It was not, however, “forced to close,” as the president erroneously insisted. It was billed as a 12-week limited engagement, and it completed its run.

The play also did just fine at the box office. It took in $4.2 million, making it the highest-grossing non-musical among plays that opened in the summer, according to Playbill.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Those wacky Russians influencing our elections. I want to help Jesus win!
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The problem with the whole heaven versus hell thing is they have failed to compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Moliere wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:23 pm Those wacky Russians influencing our elections. I want to help Jesus win!
Stupidity knows no borders.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Post by Default »

Moliere wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:23 pm Image

Those wacky Russians influencing our elections. I want to help Jesus win!
Ooo, Soviet Jesus!
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scandinavia and the World

Enlarge Image
Ah Poland. Europe's punching bag.

That's also why it doesn't make sense to talk about white and black culture outside of USA because the cultures are so different from country to country in Europe and there's a pecking order going on amongst white people. Even people from, say, the Middle East will rarely say "You white people" but rather "You French/German/Norwegian/and-so-on people"

Now, is it racism? It depends on how much you buy into the idea of race. A Dane who hates Swedes wouldn't call that racist, but people from Eastern Europe start to look different enough that it's often called racism, and in a way that plays into the negative feelings too. It's complicated.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

tgb

Post by tgb »

Why is there a picture of Khrushchev on the wall?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I believe those are portraits of Alfred Hitchcock and Don Knotts.
Covfefe!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

With apologies to Smoove for the bandwidth:

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

stessier

Post by stessier »

Ok, that got a chuckle.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Is this an ad for a new toy? What's the punchline? Why wouldn't there be dolls with burkas? I assume I'm missing something?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:16 pm Is this an ad for a new toy? What's the punchline? Why wouldn't there be dolls with burkas? I assume I'm missing something?
This is 'Merica! We don't need no hijab wearing barbies here.