Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by hepcat »

The guy in the back and on our left is making a real white power gesture.
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:42 am It's possible she was just sending a message to her boyfriend/husband that she planed to come home and give him a little nookie?
Her husband is a US district attorney (Western District of Texas Trump appointee) and former clerk for Kavanaugh. If nookie wasn't scheduled at least 4 days in advance it is unlikely it would be happening. It's not like you can hire jesters, rent all the animals, and book Mar-a-Largo with less lead time than 4 days.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Also, the Batman costume needs to be dry cleaned, a safe word has to be decided upon, and emergency numbers have to be left with the neighbors in case they see any of the clowns they've hired for that night's session acting suspiciously outside their home.
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Paingod wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:40 am Why don't we know this woman's name, age, street address, and occupation by now so she can be fired and dragged through the mud before anyone even figures out who she may or may not be affiliated with? The internet is disappointing me today.
Yeah, I have no idea why the intertubes don't know anything about Zina Bash. It's just one of life's inscrutable mysteries. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

In addition, Bash was a director on Ted Cruz’s ill-fated presidential campaign in 2016.
Now that's some impeccable grade A A-hole credentials.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:01 am
Paingod wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:40 am Why don't we know this woman's name, age, street address, and occupation by now so she can be fired and dragged through the mud before anyone even figures out who she may or may not be affiliated with? The internet is disappointing me today.
Yeah, I have no idea why the intertubes don't know anything about Zina Bash. It's just one of life's inscrutable mysteries. :coffee:
I honestly have no time to keep track of the thousands of people in the political system. :coffee:

She's a lawyer from McAllen, Texas and is 36 years old, and graduated from Harvard. She's bilingual and likes to sing to her daughter in Spanish. She worked (works?) in the Trump White House on the Domestic Policy Council, and is worth over $18 million. She was born in Mexico and her parents are holocaust survivors. Her husband vigorously denies that she was flashing the White Power symbol and that it was just a coincidence of placement.

I'd side with accidental placement, but I'm sure Trump is about to promote her for it - so it could have been a cunning jab at white supremacists intended to increase her own fame.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

So you are saying she is a cunning linguist?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The amount of mental gymnastics a Hispanic woman has to perform in order to keep herself in that role in this administration is staggering.
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Defiant wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:35 am Here we go:

That looks like nothing. The video? Who sits like that in a natural unconscious position? It's so unnatural and such a cause of conscious posture that frat boys made is a thing in the 90s worth punching you over.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Paingod wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:16 am
Max Peck wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:01 am
I honestly have no time to keep track of the thousands of people in the political system. :coffee:
Then maybe you should have made a rhetorical comment to that effect instead of complaining that the denizens of the internet haven't done something that they have totally done. :coffee:

Enlarge Image

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I believe his point was more "unless OO shows it to me, nothing on the internet exists".

That's how it works for me anyway.

Also don't overlook the veiled criticism that the internet is going to dox this person and assign all sorts of nefarious motivations to her and then boycott her Sunday school because...internet reasoning.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:57 am I believe his point was more "unless OO shows it to me, nothing on the internet exists".

That's how it works for me anyway.

Also don't overlook the veiled criticism that the internet is going to dox this person and assign all sorts of nefarious motivations to her and then boycott her Sunday school because...internet reasoning.
Since his response was that he simply hadn't bothered to check, because who has time to do that, I'm going to stick with my initial interpretation.

em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Paingod wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:16 am and her parents are holocaust survivors.
Her grandparents actually, otherwise she'd be a pretty hot sixty year old. :wink:

I still want to know what she's flashing the fake mainstream media with her other hand? :mrgreen:
hepcat wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:32 am The amount of mental gymnastics a Hispanic woman has to perform in order to keep herself in that role in this administration is staggering.
So you're saying she's a hot latina who's flexible? :wub: :wub: :wub:
two months
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

My initial comment was because I expected to see her vilified six ways from Tuesday and I was poking at the explosive nature of the internet with these kinds of things.

My second reply with the coffee cup was an add-on line. I originally had the rest typed up but added that as a bit of snark because you looked like you expected me to know who she was.

Now we've wasted time picking apart a discussion and Trump has won. Thanks, Obama. :coffee:
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:13 pm Since his response was that he simply hadn't bothered to check, because who has time to do that, I'm going to stick with my initial interpretation.
I don't understand. I'm basing my own response on the post of his that you quoted when you responded.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Rubio vs. Jones. Go!

Chaz

Post by Chaz »

In that video, Jones reminds me of nothing so much as a middle school bully, and dropping dogwhistles like "go back to your bath house."

This is the current right wing, and Trump is in that mold. Amazing.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rubio needs to get used to this. It's the new norm for the GOP. He probably should have offered to wash Jones' feet as that's his demographic now.
He won. Period.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I never really thought there would be a point in my life where I would be actively rooting for Marco Rubio in really any situation, yet here we are.

Alex Jones is the lowest of the low. Absolute scum of the earth.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:21 pm Since this is the Who is America thread:
HR
Sacha Baron Cohen is being sued for defamation by Roy Moore over his appearance on the actor's controversial Showtime series — and the embattled former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice is seeking $95 million in damages.
Cohen, as the character Erran Morad, interviewed the judge and demonstrated a fictional device meant to detect pedophiles — a reference to Moore's alleged sexual misconduct with an underage girl that surface during his failed campaign for Alabama's U.S. Senate seat.
"Defendant Cohen’s character falsely and fraudulently introduced a false and fraudulent 'device' supposedly invented by the Israeli Army to detect pedophiles," state the complaint. "During the segment, Defendant Cohen’s 'device' — as part of the false and fraudulent routine — purports to detect Judge Moore as a sex offender, thus defaming him."
Moore is suing Cohen, along with CBS and Showtime, for defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and fraud. As a public figure, Moore will have to prove defendants acted with malice and either knew the statements concerning him were false or acted with a reckless disregard for their falsity. Cohen's reps have not yet responded to a request for comment on the complaint, which is posted below.
Cohen is no stranger to litigation. His 2006 film Borat saw multiple people sue claiming they had been humiliated by him. Those claims largely didn't stick, in part, because plaintiffs had signed agreements releasing filmmakers from liability. Here, Moore's lawyers are arguing that the release he signed was obtained through fraud and is therefore void.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Enlarge Image
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

In a perfect world, this wouldn't be a fake.

Enlarge Image

Then again, in a perfect world it would have no reason to exist.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Holman

Post by Holman »

Hilarious!

Now do Rosa Parks.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:54 am Hilarious!

Now do Rosa Parks.
:D

Because being drafted into the NFL and being employed there for multiple years is totally sucking at football and having a multi-million dollar endorsement deal is absolutely the equivalent of selling women's shoes in a strip mall.

The meme is funny, except it's bullshit and intended to diminish an honorable man for doing an honorable thing. That's the part that I can't abide by. I'd laugh otherwise.

He was also a two-time California all-state baseball player and was listed as a draftable prospect on Major League Baseball's website in the class of 2006 according to wikipedia. Someone work teeball into the meme, stat.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

How badly do you have to suck at sportsball in order to become a quarterback in the NFL? :think:

Edit: Dammit Isgrimnur GreenGoo!

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:47 am How badly do you have to suck at sportsball in order to become a quarterback in the NFL? :think:

Edit: Dammit Isgrimnur GreenGoo!
My bams don't come often, or easy. I'm gonna savour this one.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

For the record, Holman nailed it. My stuff is just hot wind at this point.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If he'd repeatedly declared bankruptcy he could've been POTUS.
He won. Period.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... arterbacks
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The Meal wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:05 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... arterbacks
Damn you for making me work at it.

Losing the superbowl has the word Los right in it. It doesn't get any clearer than that. Either you win, or you suck. That's it.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 pm In a perfect world, this wouldn't be a fake.

Enlarge Image

It's a shame a real person didn't follow that fake advice:

EdIt: nm, it appears the story was a hoax. See http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/news ... story-hoax
Last edited by Defiant on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 pm In a perfect world, this wouldn't be a fake.

Enlarge Image

I know there were posts about the Nike print campaign that launched earlier this week, but people should also check out the "Dream Crazy" video that dropped yesterday. Good stuff!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Watched the video without sound. Strong stuff. The wheel chair bound basketball player dribbling two balls really hit me, because I was a fully functional healthy young man doing the exact same thing as I trained to be the best basketball player I could be when I was young, and I saw the same drive to succeed in her actions and her eyes. Except I didn't have a chair holding me back and getting in the way. It really connected.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:00 pm Watched the video without sound. Strong stuff. The wheel chair bound basketball player dribbling two balls really hit me, because I was a fully functional healthy young man doing the exact same thing as I trained to be the best basketball player I could be when I was young, and I saw the same drive to succeed in her actions and her eyes. Except I didn't have a chair holding me back and getting in the way. It really connected.
Glad you liked it. Definitely try to watch again with sound when you get a chance. Kaepernick does the entire voice over, and his delivery is pretty spot on.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳