Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by LordMortis »

Enlarge Image
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:29 am Enlarge Image
:lol: :( :lol: :(
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

(GreenGoo, I don't know who Neal McCready is, but the pictures seem significant as college basketball players are shown kneeling during the anthem. It will be curious to see if this spreads into March Madness.)
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

College would seem a better venue for this, since the administrators are so worried about providing a "safe space."
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

They knelt because there was a protest March by racists about the removal of the school mascot Ole Reb or some such. They stated they wanted everyone to know that those ideas were not supported by the students.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Maybe it's just me, but I think it takes a lot more balls to publicly face criticism for something you believe in than it does to cast aspersion from the anonymity of an internet forum. So who are the real snowflakes?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

What I don't get is that kneeling is like the highest show of respect and subservience. Standing is technically less respectful than kneeling.

On the football field maybe it's like a resting stance but mist other places it's like "I'm REALLY down with this anthem!" Sure looks that way on the court. Yeah, it's a statement but I wouldn't call it disrespectful.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

stessier wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:54 pm They knelt because there was a protest March by racists about the removal of the school mascot Ole Reb or some such. They stated they wanted everyone to know that those ideas were not supported by the students.
Yes, and that was pretty well known at the time they were kneeling. I'm surprised Moliere either didn't know about this or elected not to provide the context. This was a one-off thing (although I suppose it's always possible they continue doing it) to counter-protest the racist rally taking place on campus at the time.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:55 pm Image
Okay, that's a good one. :lol: :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

LawBeefaroni wrote:What I don't get is that kneeling is like the highest show of respect and subservience. Standing is technically less respectful than kneeling.

On the football field maybe it's like a resting stance but mist other places it's like "I'm REALLY down with this anthem!" Sure looks that way on the court. Yeah, it's a statement but I wouldn't call it disrespectful.
That's why it's done. I'm sure there's a dozen article about it. But the kneeling is the result of a relationship and hours long conversation between kapernick and an American soldier. Mainly it signifies something is wrong and respect at the same time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Combustible Lemur wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:48 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote:What I don't get is that kneeling is like the highest show of respect and subservience. Standing is technically less respectful than kneeling.

That's why it's done. I'm sure there's a dozen article about it. But the kneeling is the result of a relationship and hours long conversation between kapernick and an American soldier. Mainly it signifies something is wrong and respect at the same time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I know, I've read about that. I mean with the naysayers who don't know that. Even without that background, it just looks respectful. Maybe because it's usually black guys not doing as they're told? That is scaaaaaarrrry.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holman wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:11 pm Long comic, and worth it...

About Face: Death and surrender to power in the clothing of men.

Enlarge Image
Interesting piece.

However, speaking as a bearded guy (because I hate shaving) who wears lots of black clothing with skulls (metal shirts, not Punisher) and "wrap-around Oakley sunglasses" (because they're remarkably durable compared to others I've tried), I'd also warn against the broad-brush labeling of people who you think fit a certain image who are, in fact, the polar opposite.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Here's an ad someone is using to sell clothing to Roid Rage VetBros and their Wannabes.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:31 pm
Holman wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:11 pm Long comic, and worth it...

About Face: Death and surrender to power in the clothing of men.

Enlarge Image
Interesting piece.

However, speaking as a bearded guy (because I hate shaving) who wears lots of black clothing with skulls (metal shirts, not Punisher) and "wrap-around Oakley sunglasses" (because they're remarkably durable compared to others I've tried), I'd also warn against the broad-brush labeling of people who you think fit a certain image who are, in fact, the polar opposite.
Unfortunately when it's right about 90% of the time, the 10% have been co-opted and are wearing the uniform. Though a shirt featuring Eddie isn't part of it yet, so you're probably ok.

I used to put up a blue line flag sometimes to show support for our local POs. I don't anymore, and use CPMF flag. Not my first choice but the other was co-opted.

Holman wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:47 pm Here's an ad someone is using to sell clothing to Roid Rage VetBros and their Wannabes.

Grunt Style is 100% uniform. Want to play who's printing?
Look for Grunt Style t-shirts. When the zombie apocalypse hits, always check trucks of vehicles with Grunt Style stickers for guns and ammo.

Here's more fun advertising:

I actually saw it live in a magazine once. Haven't bought that magazine since.

MYT
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman

Post by Holman »

That's the best thing I've seen all day.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

It's weird. Just today I described Trump as Charlie Brown with Kim's holding the football, then I come here and see that. If I show my wife that, she will never believe that I didn't see it first.
Of course, it's not too profound an observation...
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It kinda chaps my hide to see that, as I am a huge Peanuts fan.

But I’ll get over it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

The blind squirrel strikes again? :wink:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Now I'm missing Diamond City Radio.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Moliere wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:39 am
The blind squirrel strikes again? :wink:
I watched the video and I saw no sign of any type of rodent. :?
Covfefe!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

What are the odds that someone with the last name of "Apple" ends up as the CEO of Apple?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Moliere wrote:

What are the odds that someone with the last name of "Apple" ends up as the CEO of Apple?
Trump just can’t fathom the idea of running a business that isn’t named after them.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

This sort of mistake would fuel conservative media for weeks, disparaging the mental state of an unfavored Commander in Chief.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

The Meal wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:08 am This sort of mistake would fuel conservative media for weeks, disparaging the mental state of an unfavored Commander in Chief.
They're too busy framing pictures of him molesting the flag with that shit-eating grin on his face.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Paingod wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:24 am
The Meal wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:08 am This sort of mistake would fuel conservative media for weeks, disparaging the mental state of an unfavored Commander in Chief.
They're too busy framing pictures of him molesting the flag with that shit-eating grin on his face.
You'd think that flag was Ivanka.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:33 am
You'd think that flag was Ivana.
Fixed.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Remus West wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:55 pm
LordMortis wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:33 am
You'd think that flag was Ivana.
Fixed.
Not so much. If you think that fixed, rather than broke, the joke then you are apparently not familar with the various memes about Trump's creepy relationship with his daughter.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

No, just a long day and I was thinking Ivanka was the ex-wife and Ivana the daughter but at least I managed to morally fix it. :lol: :oops:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Remus West wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:54 pm No, just a long day and I was thinking Ivanka was the ex-wife and Ivana the daughter but at least I managed to morally fix it. :lol: :oops:
Hah. Here's how it went for me.

1) LM suggests the flag is Drumpf's daughter.
2) Remus corrects LM, so now I'm assuming LM used the wrong name, and Remus suggests the flag is drumpf's daughter.
3) I'm confused, because the joke works better if LM is referencing the daughter, but maybe he meant wife? Maybe he meant daughter but used wife's name? Maybe I don't recall which name applies to which woman?
4) Max notes that the joke works better with the daughter. I continue to be confused. Didn't Remus replace the wife's name with the daughter's name? Why would Remus replace the daughter's name with the wife's name?
5) Ooohhhh.

Turns out I don't care enough about either of them to remember their names. I'm ok with that.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

:lol:
Holman

Post by Holman »

It's too subtle, but it actually works better with Ivana.

Trump never raped Ivanka.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:50 pm 2) Remus corrects LM, so now I'm assuming LM used the wrong name, and Remus suggests the flag is drumpf's daughter.
I also had to doublecheck. You can pretty much correct me on anything and I will assume I am living in alternate reality and need to head off for a re calibration. My de facto-ry settings state is that of having a faulty memory that leads me to being wrong.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:02 pm
I also had to doublecheck. You can pretty much correct me on anything and I will assume I am living in alternate reality and need to head off for a re calibration. My de facto-ry settings state is that of having a faulty memory that leads me to being wrong.
It doesn't help that your attention to detail and accuracy are...mutable. Still, the onus is on me.
Holman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:51 pm It's too subtle, but it actually works better with Ivana.

Trump never raped Ivanka.
That we know of.

The picture is of Drumpf groping the flag, not raping it. Given the "hands on" fathering we have photographic evidence of, I think Ivanka works better for the snide remark.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Gentlemen, gentlemen, our President creepily groping his ex-wife or his daughter are BOTH valid in this reality.