Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Defiant

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by Defiant »

A reminder that the Simpsons predicted this:

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Paingod wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:27 am KellyAnn Conway's daughter posted a video of her mother's greatest hits at home. I can't find it on YouTube to repost, but this Reddit thread has the video.

As someone who was mentally abused as a child, this video pushes a lot of anger buttons for me. I knew (just based on her associations) that the woman was a monster, but I had no idea just how abso-fucking-lutely nasty and cruel the bitch was. Even if her daughter is only publishing the "worst of" her mother, there's no excuse for what she says, under any circumstance. You never treat your children this way.
Typical dumb and loud typa A personality woman.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 amTypical dumb and loud typa A personality woman.
Most of them viciously degrade their children's self worth?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Paingod wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:37 am
Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 amTypical dumb and loud typa A personality woman.
Most of them viciously degrade their children's self worth?
No they are the MAGA people that type. Not surprised she did that though. I wouldn't put it past a lot of them.
Last edited by Daehawk on Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

If that's the worst of her abuse, I'm not bothered by it at all.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 am
Paingod wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:27 am KellyAnn Conway's daughter posted a video of her mother's greatest hits at home. I can't find it on YouTube to repost, but this Reddit thread has the video.

As someone who was mentally abused as a child, this video pushes a lot of anger buttons for me. I knew (just based on her associations) that the woman was a monster, but I had no idea just how abso-fucking-lutely nasty and cruel the bitch was. Even if her daughter is only publishing the "worst of" her mother, there's no excuse for what she says, under any circumstance. You never treat your children this way.
Typical dumb and loud typa A personality woman.
I know a LOT of type A women who are extremely good people. Specifying "woman" bothers me. Her behavior is just offensive. Man, woman, purple flying spaghetti monster, I don't care. Children should not be treated that way.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:54 am If that's the worst of her abuse, I'm not bothered by it at all.
Somehow I doubt that's the worst but don't underestimate chronic psychological attack.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:03 pm
noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:54 am If that's the worst of her abuse, I'm not bothered by it at all.
Somehow I doubt that's the worst but don't underestimate chronic psychological attack.
Also that is what she is willing to say on a camera...acknowledging more than once she is aware that the daughter is recording it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I know a LOT of type A women who are extremely good people. Specifying "woman" bothers me. Her behavior is just offensive. Man, woman, purple flying spaghetti monster, I don't care. Children should not be treated that way.
No doubt. Men as well. Just in this case she is a woman was why I said woman.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Note left for Biden:

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Seriously? What she's doing is how you cripple a child for life without leaving bruises.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

One for Lord Mortis

The old punks watching the show at the back of the venue.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Truth
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:29 pm
Seriously? What she's doing is how you cripple a child for life without leaving bruises.
If you've never been there, you might not get it.

This isn't fighting or arguing. This is reshaping someone through unrelenting demoralization.
Black Lives Matter

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

How it started:

Where it is now:

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Paingod wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:21 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:29 pm
If you've never been there, you might not get it.

This isn't fighting or arguing. This is reshaping someone through unrelenting demoralization.
Wow.

You guys take a two minute clip of the worst of a parent and get that?

Also, allegedly "She said she has hundreds of them and some parts were too awful to share because despite everything she doesn't want to get her mother arrested. She deserves to be locked up though."

So, if that's the worst, I'm not bothered. If there are hundreds of them, it's abuse.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:03 pmYou guys take a two minute clip of the worst of a parent and get that?
If she's willing to scream at her daughter and call her an "ungrateful bitch", berate her on camera, and suggest she should have had an abortion... well ...a bird's feather's don't change color so easily. If she's doing this on camera, she's doing it off camera, and she's been doing it for long enough to think it's normal.

I was raised in a home with someone who had no qualms with beating me and seemed to delight in putting me down and treating me like shit. This brief video felt like home.

I'm comfortable with calling it abuse.
Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I don't know how other families work but that was not the family I was raised in. I've had a belt taken to me and my mouth washed out with soap. My dad even slapped one of my sisters so hard she went to the ground once after calling my mom a bitch. But there was never the sense of anger or desire to make us feel worthless that I got from those few snippets. It was almost always out of the demand for safety but also on unique standout instances out of knowing your environment.

Also, as much as I hate to say it, from apartment living, and as the value of my house dropped and renters moving in, I hear these arguments pop up and I always want to call the police. To me, a single 10 second scene that I am exposed feels like abuse. I never have called the police, though, as I don't know my place. But if your 10 seconds of losing your shit with your kids or your spouse makes me uncomfortable, I don't want to imagine how it shapes your children. Then, that might just be me and how foreign that level of expression with your loved ones is to me. Even in the passion of divorce with my anger going to 11, I never raised my voice to me ex. To a child? To my (mythical) child? I can't imagine.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Feel the burn!

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Go high?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

stimpy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:30 pmGo high?
Not always, but it is legal now.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

She's a teenager, she gets a free snark pass. :D
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

stimpy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:30 pmGo high?
Yes, that's what helicopters do.

And the cow goes "moooo"
He won. Period.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:00 pm She's a teenager, she gets a free snark pass. :D
She's also a teenager who was bullied by the president, giving her even more leeway in this instance. Be Best, you know.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Feel the Bern!

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Thanks, that's enlightening.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:00 pm
What would your worst cumulative 2 minutes of parenting look like?

Mine wouldn't look like that, but it would definitely be worthy of different criticism.
Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I would need to see more than just a few seconds of selected outrage here and there. I drove my poor father nuts as a teenager and he blew up a few times, but I never thought he was being abusive. But someone getting a highlights reel without any context might.
He won. Period.
naednek

Post by naednek »

BernImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

More Bern:

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

hepcat wrote:I would need to see more than just a few seconds of selected outrage here and there. I drove my poor father nuts as a teenager and he blew up a few times, but I never thought he was being abusive. But someone getting a highlights reel without any context might.
That's really my point.

And to be fair, allegedly there's a lot more and it's clearly with her character, so it's really more likely she's an abusive, terrible parent.
Black Lives Matter

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 pm

Mine wouldn't look like that, but it would definitely be worthy of different criticism.
1. I don't parent. Can't stand the little shits =)

2. I don't think it was the worst 2 minutes. I think it was 2 minutes of clips of the worst. In other words, a pattern.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:30 am More Bern:

Those are some beautiful mittens. Vermonters know their mittens.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:50 am
noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 pm

1. I don't parent. Can't stand the little shits =)

2. I don't think it was the worst 2 minutes. I think it was 2 minutes of clips of the worst. In other words, a pattern.
Given 2, I agree. However, that was not my premise.
Black Lives Matter

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 pmWhat would your worst cumulative 2 minutes of parenting look like?
My worst in 12 years with 2 boys has never involved name-calling, screaming, random smacking, or suggesting I should have aborted them. If this is the "worst 2 minutes" then I also speculate that there have been some pretty fucking horrific hours, incredibly unpleasant days, very uncomfortable weeks, miserable months, and generally shitty years.

Given the sensitivity of the subject for me, I'm going to stop debating it with someone who clearly has no experience with being abused and wants to defend it. To say that watching the video gives me something close to PTSD flashbacks to my own childhood is enough for me to leave the table and walk away. Each time I have to reply, I literally feel my blood pressure spike.
Black Lives Matter

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Paingod wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:30 am
noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 pmWhat would your worst cumulative 2 minutes of parenting look like?
My worst in 12 years with 2 boys has never involved name-calling, screaming, random smacking, or suggesting I should have aborted them. If this is the "worst 2 minutes" then I also speculate that there have been some pretty fucking horrific hours, incredibly unpleasant days, very uncomfortable weeks, miserable months, and generally shitty years.
My thoughts exactly. I'm not a model parent by any means, but can absolutely, 100% guarantee that my "worst moments" never approached anything even close to what was on that recording.

Frankly, I find the collective shrug about it as "all parents do that sometimes" (across all social media, not just here) to be somewhat horrifying.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Paingod wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:30 am

Given the sensitivity of the subject for me, I'm going to stop debating it with someone who clearly has no experience with being abused and wants to defend it. To say that watching the video gives me something close to PTSD flashbacks to my own childhood is enough for me to leave the table and walk away. Each time I have to reply, I literally feel my blood pressure spike.
I am very sorry you had to go through that.

I'm not debating it. I was responding to a very specific premise. You have expanded that premise. When it is expanded, I agree with you.
Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kraken wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:13 am Those are some beautiful mittens. Vermonters know their mittens.
Enlarge Image
Spoiler:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Kraken wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:13 am
Jaymann wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:30 am More Bern:

Those are some beautiful mittens. Vermonters know their mittens.
About those mittens

https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story ... on-mittens
The gloves — made from repurposed wool sweaters and lined with fleece made from recycled plastic bottles
naednek

Post by naednek »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:19 pm
Kraken wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:13 am Those are some beautiful mittens. Vermonters know their mittens.
Enlarge Image
Spoiler:
of course you did.