The Hillary Clinton thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

RunningMn9

Re: The Hillary Clinton thread

Post by RunningMn9 »

The FBI has concluded their review of the new emails and has notified Congress that there's nothing there.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well gosh.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

tgb wrote:
malchior wrote:
Now she has my vote - Daylight Saving is pointless waste.
Make Daylight saving time all year round instead. Light in the morning is a pointless waste.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

RunningMn9 wrote:The FBI has concluded their review of the new emails and has notified Congress that there's nothing there.
You just wait...next time they yell, it'll actually be a wolf. I'm just sure of it. :roll:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RunningMn9 wrote:The FBI has concluded their review of the new emails and has notified Congress that there's nothing there.
Seriously!?!

Can anyone be happy with the way the FBI handled that? I almost don't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
malchior

Post by malchior »

Comey, you're doing a heck of a job.

Also cries of cover up *again* - begin...now.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

And of course they couldn't wait a week to determine that before creating a giant shitstorm.
Papa Smurph

Post by Papa Smurph »

Yeah, there is absolutely nothing political about the timing of this! :roll:

Announce ridiculous claims right before the election, just to throw the results to support your fellow Republicans. Then, one day before election announce "oops, our bad". Then, I'm sure, claim that it clearly wasn't political because otherwise they would wait until after the election. I'm thinking that Coomey should be investigated for election tampering with all this.

I DEMAND WE SEE HIS EMAILS! EVERY LAST ONE, REGARDLESS OF RELEVANCE TO THIS CASE. After all, who knows what dirt we might dig up on other Republicans from his email. Fight fire with fire.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Papa Smurph wrote:I'm thinking that Coomey should be investigated for election tampering with all this.
There has already been at least one official complaint filed (by a Republican who served as a lawyer in the Bush Administration) asserting that Comey violated the Hatch Act.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

Alefroth wrote:
And of course they couldn't wait a week to determine that before creating a giant shitstorm.
My guess is that he was trying to get ahead of this being another leak like the ones that came out after his announcement. I think there would have been a bigger shitstorm if the story was that he was withholding new emails.
(HBZ)
tgb

Post by tgb »

So Now I guess we're down to one candidate with pending charges. I wonder if he'll follow Kim Jong Trump's argument and drop out of the race.

Lock him up!
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Stop funding for NPR
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Hamsterball_Z wrote:
Alefroth wrote:
My guess is that he was trying to get ahead of this being another leak like the ones that came out after his announcement. I think there would have been a bigger shitstorm if the story was that he was withholding new emails.
I don't think so. Not if you say 'We found some emails we believed pertinent to the investigation and after review found nothing of any significance'.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

em2nought wrote:Coup and counter-coup http://www.tdnewswire.com/breaking-watc ... ening-now/
Totes legit, you guys. For realsies.
mori

Post by mori »

gbasden wrote:
tgb wrote:
malchior wrote:
Now she has my vote - Daylight Saving is pointless waste.
Make Daylight saving time all year round instead. Light in the morning is a pointless waste.
Something I can agree with her.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Skinypupy wrote:
em2nought wrote:Coup and counter-coup http://www.tdnewswire.com/breaking-watc ... ening-now/
Good God, what a vile site.
He won. Period.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I've deleted my Facebook app from my phone and have turned off notifications on the website from anyone but a select few that I coordinate with just so I can ignore this conspiracy noise from both sides.

I only get my news from reputable sites and I am now actually subscribing to a few in a effort to support responsible journalism.

Social Media has become a huge disaster this election. It seems both sides have no interest on the true. You can even blame it on differing view points anymore. I'm turned off.

Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote:
Skinypupy wrote:
Good God, what a vile site.
It's about making Alex Jones look legit. False flag!!1!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Scoop20906 wrote:I've deleted my Facebook app from my phone and have turned off notifications on the website from anyone but a select few that I coordinate with just so I can ignore this conspiracy noise from both sides.
I just deleted my account about a month ago. I couldn't be happier about my decision.
Make up bags of change
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RunningMn9 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I've deleted my Facebook app from my phone and have turned off notifications on the website from anyone but a select few that I coordinate with just so I can ignore this conspiracy noise from both sides.
I just deleted my account about a month ago. I couldn't be happier about my decision.
I'm close to doing that but some friends and family I like sharing photos and coordinating meetups with is much easier with Facebook.

Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

I only get my news from reputable sites and I am now actually subscribing to a few in a effort to support responsible journalism.

Social Media has become a huge disaster this election. It seems both sides have no interest on the true. You can even blame it on differing view points anymore. I'm turned off.

This mess specifically convinced me to go back to paid print in the Houston Chronicle. And I'm much closer to paying for legit news sources. Between here, flip board, google, and huff post, I feel like I can do a decent job of filtering. But real journalists are just such better writers.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Scoop20906 wrote:
RunningMn9 wrote:
I'm close to doing that but some friends and family I like sharing photos and coordinating meetups with is much easier with Facebook.

You can do a fair amount of blocking too
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I think you are correct. Print journalism seems to be our last line of defense and we need to support it.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Scoop20906 wrote:I think you are correct. Print journalism seems to be our last line of defense and we need to support it.

I did not see that coming.
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

Alefroth wrote:
Hamsterball_Z wrote:My guess is that he was trying to get ahead of this being another leak like the ones that came out after his announcement. I think there would have been a bigger shitstorm if the story was that he was withholding new emails.
I don't think so. Not if you say 'We found some emails we believed pertinent to the investigation and after review found nothing of any significance'.
The first letter was to get ahead of the leaks, not this new one. No good option, but at least with the first letter he could control the message. If it was leaked that "Comey is protecting Clinton by sitting on newly discovered emails" it would have been far more damaging for both Clinton and Comey. Being able to say nothing new was found and she was cleared would not have been possible, or at least less believable.
(HBZ)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I also thought the FBI needed a warrant to read the emails and obtaining that would be leaked so he wanted to be transparent about.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Hamsterball_Z wrote:
Alefroth wrote:
Hamsterball_Z wrote:My guess is that he was trying to get ahead of this being another leak like the ones that came out after his announcement. I think there would have been a bigger shitstorm if the story was that he was withholding new emails.
The first letter was to get ahead of the leaks, not this new one. No good option, but at least with the first letter he could control the message. If it was leaked that "Comey is protecting Clinton by sitting on newly discovered emails" it would have been far more damaging for both Clinton and Comey. Being able to say nothing new was found and she was cleared would not have been possible, or at least less believable.
You can absolutely defend Comey's decision to send *a* letter. Sending the particular question-begging detail-free letter that he sent, however, is indefensible. No letter would have been better than that letter.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Pyperkub wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
RunningMn9 wrote:

You can do a fair amount of blocking too
I was ecstatic blocking sites rather than friends until about a week ago. Then all hell broke loose and everyone is posting bumper stickers from everywhere, not just the usual 10 or 20 sites I have blocked. That's too much maintenance and too much exposure.

My choices

Delete FB
Delete Freinds
Ban myself until this is over.

I chose door number 3.
Scoop20906

The Hillary Clinton thread

Post by Scoop20906 »

You can choose to not see a friend's notifications on your feed too. Then your will only see that bumper sticks if you choose to go to their feed.

They think you are still friends and are grabbing your musket and you get the pleasent false sense of security that half your friends are not raving Alex Jones viewers.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scoop20906 wrote:You can choose to not see a friend's notifications on your feed too. Then your will only see that bumper sticks if you choose to go to their feed.

They think you are still friends and are grabbing your musket and you get the pleasent false sense of security that half your friends are not raving Alex Jones viewers.

I didn't want to plonk any of my friends. Just some friend's bumperstickers. That was easy when they had go to bumpersticker sites. Now it's all madness, or least it was last week when I walked away.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Scoop20906 wrote:You can choose to not see a friend's notifications on your feed too. Then your will only see that bumper sticks if you choose to go to their feed.

I had been doing that for years now (since Obama got elected I guess). My newsfeed was down to like 10 people, almost all of which I could interact with here or in real life.
Make up bags of change
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I have purposefully not blocked any of my aggressive Trump supporting friends. Mainly because I find the neverending derp storm that they spew to be quite fascinating. Often infuriating, but fascinating nonetheless.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Skinypupy wrote:I have purposefully not blocked any of my aggressive Trump supporting friends. Mainly because I find the neverending derp storm that they spew to be quite fascinating. Often infuriating, but fascinating nonetheless.
Speaking of derp, I saw some of these punks espouse the theory that it was Democrats who burned down a black congregation church and painted "Vote Trump" on the side, in order to make Drumpf look bad.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Individuals who listed their employers as the U.S. Department of Defense or major branches of the military, or who say they’re retired from one of those, have contributed a total of $972,709 to both nominees so far this year. Clinton has claimed $771,471 of the contributions, or nearly 80 percent.
Members of the military giving three times as much to Clinton as to Trump
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

That's from a site called opensecrets.org.

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Your point being?

It's a respected nonpartisan site that tracks campaign donations.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Defiant wrote:Your point being?

It's a respected nonpartisan site that tracks campaign donations.
Sorry. I've given up trying to tell respected sites from disreputable ones.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:That's from a site called opensecrets.org.
I believe they're legit.

EDIT: Defiant got there first.

I did a little background on them for a paper I wrote. They seem genuinely nonpartisan.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Scoop20906 wrote: Sorry. I've given up trying to tell respected sites from disreputable ones.
Fair enough - it's certainly very difficult these days, with lots of bogus news sites popping up. But you can Check wikipedia for their background.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Yeah. Just checked out Holman's link.

Sorry, the url triggered my BS radar. Sounded like another fake news service.

And thank you for including the link on your post.