Go Bernie!

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Drazzil

Re: Go Bernie!

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:03 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:00 pm Go be pissed at the people who created the conditions that swept Trump into power.
Um. You voted for Trump - and …
…and now listen to you.
Yep. 49.99 percent of the American population showed up to vote for Trump. Lots of people couldn't see the difference between Hillary and Trump. Lots of people stayed home.

If you want to blame someone, blame the establishment for creating the conditions that polarized the racists, disenfranchized swathes of minorities, demotivated the progressives, misinformed the workers in Michigan, launched Hillaries October suprise, the Russians for compromising our election boxes in swing states, and weaponizing facebook fake news oh and the Electorial college.

If you have any breath or blame left, then blame the frustrated out of work idiot who pulled the lever for Trump in a safe state that went for Hillary. Thanks!
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Drazzil, you are spouting made up shit to make yourself feel better and feel that your depression etc. isn’t your fault because you (and others) have someone to blame for the shit in your life.

If that is your sense of humor, go get some help like many of us have been telling you for months. At least try to get your shit together. Being an adult is taking responsibility for yourself.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:45 pm Yep. 49.99 percent of the American population showed up to vote for Trump.
Try 26%
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:45 pm Yep. 49.99 percent of the American population showed up to vote for Trump. Lots of people couldn't see the difference between Hillary and Trump. Lots of people stayed home.
Wrong. Trump took 46.1% of the popular vote, but only about 60% of the voting age population voted in the 2016 presidential election (based on methodology, that number varies from 58.1% to 61.4%). Subtracting the non-electoral vote population (such as DC and Puerto Rico) leaves Trump with about 26% of American voting population.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Just straight-up trolling for attention at this point. And he gets that attention.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Z-Corn wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:34 am Just straight-up trolling for attention at this point. And he gets that attention.
Concur.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Holman

Post by Holman »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:00 pmYou're angry, and no I think I'm quoting actual Bernie. Regardless of whether he actually said it is actually inmeterial.
Good lord. Read this again and then ask yourself why it makes people--people in conversation with you in good faith--angry.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Z-Corn wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:34 am Just straight-up trolling for attention at this point. And he gets that attention.
Lol... at this point.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

gilraen wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:47 am
Drazzil wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:45 pm Yep. 49.99 percent of the American population showed up to vote for Trump. Lots of people couldn't see the difference between Hillary and Trump. Lots of people stayed home.
Wrong. Trump took 46.1% of the popular vote, but only about 60% of the voting age population voted in the 2016 presidential election (based on methodology, that number varies from 58.1% to 61.4%). Subtracting the non-electoral vote population (such as DC and Puerto Rico) leaves Trump with about 26% of American voting population.
I haven’t seen that 26% number before. It’s kind of comforting.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kurth wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:10 am
Yeah, although it also highlights how deeply flawed / broken our electoral and constitutional system is. It allows an individual / party with the committed support of ~ 25% - 30% of the population to do a lot of things that are opposed by a strong majority.
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:53 am
Kurth wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:10 am
Yeah, although it also highlights how deeply flawed / broken our electoral and constitutional system is. It allows an individual / party with the committed support of ~ 25% - 30% of the population to do a lot of things that are opposed by a strong majority.
But not strongly opposed by a strong majority. At least not when 40% can't be assed to vote.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

"Lock him up" chants were heard at a Bernie Sanders rally last night.
Hodor.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am "Lock him up" chants were heard at a Bernie Sanders rally last night.
Leave it to the Bernie Bros to take something good and wholesome like the spontaneous chants at the Nats game and make it rancid and toxic.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

TIL that Bernie has a Twitch channel.

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Is Bernie going to take this thing? He just might. Why that's good news for Democrats.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I was Team Warren, but this whole kerfuffle with "Bernie said a woman couldn't win" is making me dislike her. Like, he asked you to run. He's said that women should be president. Did Warren get some ex-Clinton or Harris staffers or something? That sounds like it's out of their playbook.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Bernie's living in Lala Land from an economic point of view:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/14/politics ... index.html

Gotta love this quote:
One top Sanders aide said the candidate's proposed cumulative increase in government's size "is not something we are discussing in the scope of the campaign."
I don't really want someone who plans to double the size of government and has no idea how to pay for it. If Bernie won't own it now, you can guarantee the Republicans will make him own it during the campaign if he wins the nomination. He's the perfect candidate to insure another 4 years of Trump.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Kurth wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:32 am
pr0ner wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am "Lock him up" chants were heard at a Bernie Sanders rally last night.
Leave it to the Bernie Bros to take something good and wholesome like the spontaneous chants at the Nats game and make it rancid and toxic.
I'm done with cults of personality. No Bernie for me.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Eel Snave wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:18 am I was Team Warren, but this whole kerfuffle with "Bernie said a woman couldn't win" is making me dislike her. Like, he asked you to run. He's said that women should be president. Did Warren get some ex-Clinton or Harris staffers or something? That sounds like it's out of their playbook.
He asked Warren to run?
Black Lives Matter.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

In 2016. Since she didn't, he ran.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Eel Snave wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:18 am I was Team Warren, but this whole kerfuffle with "Bernie said a woman couldn't win" is making me dislike her. Like, he asked you to run. He's said that women should be president. Did Warren get some ex-Clinton or Harris staffers or something? That sounds like it's out of their playbook.
So it comes down to he said, she said?
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Grifman wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:41 am Bernie's living in Lala Land from an economic point of view:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/14/politics ... index.html

Gotta love this quote:
One top Sanders aide said the candidate's proposed cumulative increase in government's size "is not something we are discussing in the scope of the campaign."
I don't really want someone who plans to double the size of government and has no idea how to pay for it.
It gets worse. He doesn't even know how much it will cost. "You don't know. Nobody knows. It's impossible to predict."

You would think a candidate that's been running for almost a year, and preparing for a lot longer, would be prepared for such a predictable question.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

I would bet a month's pay that Warren's account is more accurate than Sanders' version of the discussion. He is incredibly sloppy with rhetoric and prone to exaggeration.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Fireball wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:43 pm
I would bet a month's pay that Warren's account is more accurate than Sanders' version of the discussion. He is incredibly sloppy with rhetoric and prone to exaggeration.
Yep. And while it may have been a throw away line to him, it probably hit her harder.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I hope Bernie does well in NH. Instead of donating $50 and watching my money fund whoever gets the nod. I'm just buying swag this time around. I figure most of the money goes to the Bernie campaign anyway. This way I won't watch my money go to someone I don't support whoever the DNC crowns this time around.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

NH is a Sanders stronghold; he needs to win there. With Biden and Butti sniping at each other, he probably will.
Holman

Post by Holman »

If a Sanders nomination becomes inevitable, we're all going to be finding ways to make our peace with it.

I propose changing the thread title to "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bern."
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I'm feeling the Bern!! Go Bernie go!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

To borrow an old saying: Bernie, please save me from your followers.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Holman

Post by Holman »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:32 pm To borrow an old saying: Bernie, please save me from your followers.
I actually like Bernie, but on Twitter I've been muting his followers every day.

That's my plan for "learning to love" etc.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:32 pm To borrow an old saying: Bernie, please save me from your followers.
I'm not following anyone. I don't do facebook, instagram, snapchat or any online platform.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:56 pm
I actually like Bernie, but on Twitter I've been muting his followers every day.
...or bots and trolls posing as Bernie bros. After reading that Atlantic article about the GOP's disinformation apparatus, I don't trust anything anymore.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kraken wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:07 pm
Holman wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:56 pm
...or bots and trolls posing as Bernie bros. After reading that Atlantic article about the GOP's disinformation apparatus, I don't trust anything anymore.
The bots I can handle, since I'll probably never see them again anyway. It's the hardcore ten-posts-a-day high-profile fan captains that are the problem.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Honestly, setting his policies and positions aside, I don't know how anyone can handle Bernie's old grouchy guy personality. He's like the original, "You kids, get off my lawn!" guy. Every time I've ever seen him speak, I feel like he's yelling at me!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kurth wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:47 am Honestly, setting his policies and positions aside, I don't know how anyone can handle Bernie's old grouchy guy personality. He's like the original, "You kids, get off my lawn!" guy. Every time I've ever seen him speak, I feel like he's yelling at me!
One thing that struck me was when my (10 YO) daughter watched maybe 15 minutes of the first Democratic debate with me. After Bernie talked, the first thing my daughter said was, "Is he angry?" I was like "yeah, kind of". Just found it interesting that that was her first reaction.

Of course, you can certainly defend that - "everyone should be angry!". But I'll admit that style-wise I do tend to prefer the happy warrior types.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Kurth wrote:Every time I've ever seen him speak, I feel like he's yelling at me!
Bernie IS yelling at you, Kurth. Literally and figuratively.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:12 pm
Kurth wrote:Every time I've ever seen him speak, I feel like he's yelling at me!
How do I make him stop???
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Kurth wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:03 am
Elect him.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:01 am
Kurth wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:03 am
Elect him.
That might just encourage him...
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Yeah, probably right.