Texas gov calls out State Guard to prevent Obama Takeover

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Grifman

Texas gov calls out State Guard to prevent Obama Takeover

Post by Grifman »

This is absolutely insane:
Since General Sam Houston executed his famous retreat to glory to defeat the superior forces of General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, Texas has been ground zero for military training. We have so many military bases in the Lone Star State we could practically attack Russia.

So when rookie Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced he was ordering the Texas State Guard to monitor a Navy SEAL/Green Beret joint training exercise, which was taking place in Texas and several other states, everybody here looked up from their iPhones. What?

It seems there is concern among some folks that this so-called training maneuver is just a cover story. What's really going on? President Obama is about to use Special Forces to put Texas under martial law.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics ... a-takeover
Imagine that the United States military is conducting a training exercise in the state where you reside—something that happens continuously throughout the year to various sizes and scales—as our brave soldiers, sailors and Marines work hard to prepare to proficiently execute their jobs.

Now, imagine that the governor of a state—someone so riddled with paranoia and a profound sense of self and state importance that he is capable of concluding that these training exercises might, in reality, be a ‘cover’ for a military invasion of his state by the federal government—assigns his State Guard the critical task of “keeping an eye” on the U.S. military lest they commence their invasion.

If you find this scenario beyond your imagination and little more than the stuff of novels, welcome to the world of the sane and rational.

However, should you find this scenario—involving the federal government utilizing a Trojan Horse maneuver by shipping out a bunch of American military to invade and take control of an American state by pretending to stage war games—to be remotely worthy of fear and loathing, then welcome to the world of…Texas.

Responding to conspiracy theorists jamming the Internet with their fears that the military exercise, dubbed “Jade Helm 15”, is nothing more than a ruse designed to hide the true intentions of the federal government—the invasion of Texas—Texas Governor Greg Abbott yesterday ordered the Texas State Guard to carefully monitor the military training exercise—looking for signs that the military is planning to confiscate Texans’ guns or impose martial law.

Seriously…the Governor of Texas really did this.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2 ... ut-job-if/

I thought this was an Onion article where I first came across this! Wouldn't you need more than a few Spec Ops units to take over state the size of Texas? You know, like several divisions? What kind of idiots are running the Republican party in Texas?!
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Zarathud

Re: Texas gov calls out State Guard to prevent Obama Takeove

Post by Zarathud »

The same ones who would like to run the country, unfortunately.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No worries. We can always ask North Carolina for help. After all, they've successfully resisted Robin Sage for 40 years.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
RLMullen

Post by RLMullen »

Isgrimnur wrote:No worries. We can always ask North Carolina for help. After all, they've successfully resisted Robin Sage for 40 years.
Oh hell no!! You are on your own!

We keep tabs on the feds by participating in the exercise as OPFOR. You idiots in Texas went and called your mommy... I mean your governor. :D
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Earth to Texas: the North won the Civil War. You were already taken over in 1865.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Jaymann wrote:Earth to Texas: the North won the Civil War. You were already taken over in 1865.
Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Cruz is on the case.
"My office has reached out to the Pentagon to inquire about this exercise," Cruz, a Texas senator, told Bloomberg at the South Carolina Republican Party's annual convention. "We are assured it is a military training exercise. I have no reason to doubt those assurances, but I understand the reason for concern and uncertainty, because when the federal government has not demonstrated itself to be trustworthy in this administration, the natural consequence is that many citizens don't trust what it is saying."
Every time he opens his mouth, I feel the need to shower. He's the epitome of the sleazy scumbag politician.
He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Fretmute wrote: Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.
the Executioner?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Holman

Post by Holman »

They will greet us as liberators!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Their oil will pay for the war.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
raydude

Post by raydude »

hepcat wrote:Cruz is on the case.
"My office has reached out to the Pentagon to inquire about this exercise," Cruz, a Texas senator, told Bloomberg at the South Carolina Republican Party's annual convention. "We are assured it is a military training exercise. I have no reason to doubt those assurances, but I understand the reason for concern and uncertainty, because when the federal government has not demonstrated itself to be trustworthy in this administration, the natural consequence is that many citizens don't trust what it is saying."
Every time he opens his mouth, I feel the need to shower. He's the epitome of the sleazy scumbag politician.
So....I don't get it. Does he support the troops or not? Is he patriotic or not? These aren't just weekend warriors on training, these are probably career lifers.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

"Military training exercise" could mean anything. They could be training to storm the statehouse and force the governor into a gay marriage at gun point.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

raydude wrote:
So....I don't get it. Does he support the troops or not? Is he patriotic or not? These aren't just weekend warriors on training, these are probably career lifers.
It depends on which one will get your vote.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

raydude wrote:
Yes...if they're protecting the borders from the Mexican and other latino hordes and as long as the military bases in Texas stay open.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, he called out the state guard to prevent an Obama takeover, and no Obama takeover happened. I call that 100% success.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

This rock keeps tigers away!
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm intrigued. Can you tell me more about the Tiger repelling rock? Would it work with other felines? Or is it just Tiger based? Would two rocks expand the repelling parameters? Can these rocks be made mobile? And lastly, can I blame Obama for the Tiger crisis we're currently facing in Texas?

Sincerely,

The offices of Gov. Greg Abbott
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Chaz wrote:This rock keeps tigers away!
Msg received...break...The river is flowing but who cries for the rabbit...break...msg ends...
Black lives matter!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Chuck Norris joins the conspiracy.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Moliere wrote:Chuck Norris joins the conspiracy.
“It’s pretty sad and bad when major military ops are ordered in a large, fiery state like Texas and not even the governor or its senators know the specifics.”
Ted Cruz is on the Senate Armed Forces Committee. What isn't he telling us? :think:
raydude

Post by raydude »

Isgrimnur wrote:
“It’s pretty sad and bad when major military ops are ordered in a large, fiery state like Texas and not even the governor or its senators know the specifics.”
Ted Cruz is on the Senate Armed Forces Committee. What isn't he telling us? :think:
You'd think the tin-foil hatters would realize that and think he's in on it. But maybe they just give all Canadians a pass.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

And his credentials are what, he played a grunt in the movies?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jaymann wrote:
Reagan did too. They're practically the same person!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Reagan was the president of a union in Hollywood. There's no way anyone with those credentials could make a conservative campaign work these days, even with making it public that he was an informant.

:coffee:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Reagan was the president of a union in Hollywood. There's no way anyone with those credentials could make a conservative campaign work these days, even with making it public that he was an informant.

:coffee:
Typical liberal response. :grund:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Jaymann wrote:
Credentials? He's Chuck :angry-cussingblack: Norris!
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Moliere wrote:
Jaymann wrote:
He's one of the original Delta Force members! And he single handedly saved us from a Cuban invasion! Who better to tell us the truth... (or he's in on it)
Black lives matter!

Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Isgrimnur wrote:
He would probably have to actually show up for committee meetings/ to know anything
Cruz has missed the majority of committee hearings and now ranks 97th in the first three months of this year in showing up for roll call votes on the floor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

$iljanus wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Jaymann wrote:
He's one of the original Delta Force members! And he single handedly saved us from a Cuban invasion! Who better to tell us the truth... (or he's in on it)
And as such he is immanently qualified to reinforce paranoid delusions. Go Chuck!
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Given how far this has gone, I'll be surprised if we don't see some great trolling from soldiers during the operation.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So when is someone going to break it to Greg Abbott that the United States already rules Texas?
Black Lives Matter.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Too bad they lost the element of surprise. The army totally could have taken over Texas, but now that the National Guard is there - there's no way tanks and jets could stand up to that.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I've always felt the desire to be a Texican. :wub:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote:I've always felt the desire to be a Texican. :wub:
Well, one very specific group within the state, at least.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Next month, I become a Texoman.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

What are these Texans going to do now that Obama just turned on his weather machine and aimed severe storms at your state? Hmmm? What now??
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We call it 'spring'.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

They (the kooks) don't speak for all of us. Unfortunately, the governor does--- as much as any one person can.

I'm a Proud Texan for sure, but this is..just nonsense.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

More people joining the crazy train.
U.S. Rep. David Brat (R-Virginia) told conservative talk radio host Rusty Humphries that a Middle Eastern militia had already raised its black flag in the Lone Star State.

"In our country it looks like we have an ISIS center in Texas now, that's been reported last week," he said. "You can't make up what a terrible problem this is."