Texas gov calls out State Guard to prevent Obama Takeover

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: Texas gov calls out State Guard to prevent Obama Takeove

Post by Smoove_B »

I knew we should have nuked Texas when the Ebola arrived.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Pulled from the Oathkeeper's site (am I going to get my door broken in from visiting it?)
Jade Helm. Jade is blue. Helm is German for helmet. Blue Helmet. UN blue helmets?
Jade is actually green. Helm is actually also English for helmet. But other than that I think you've broken this wide open!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:

Thanks for the laugh of the day.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

helm
From Old English helma, from Proto-Germanic *helmô (“handle”).
jade
From French le jade, error for earlier l'ejade (“jade”), from Spanish piedra de ijada (“flank stone”), via Vulgar Latin *iliata from Latin ilia (“flank”) (Jade was thought to cure pains in the side.).
It's a government operation to handle those people that are a pain in the side!

:horse:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I saw a picture of someone speaking out against the oncoming Federal takeover that is Jade Fury and he had a shirt with the "take my gun from my cold fingers" saying. The gun below the saying was an AK-47. Now why does he have a communist gun on his shirt? Why does he hate America?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Holman

Post by Holman »

This whole panic is fascinating.

The conspiracy theory just won't die. Apparently there are new videos posted every day by true believers, usually cell-phone footage of perfectly normal military or National Guard activity labeled as "Jade Helm shock troops training for crowd suppression" or "foreign troops in American uniforms" or "train cars full of prisoner shackles," etc etc.

It must serve some sort of need. For the past seven years, these people have fixated on Obama's secret plans to destroy America, and now time is running short. The idea that he's going to just flat-out declare war on True Patriots in the final year of his administration must seem inevitable to them--nothing else will make their long dedication to the narrative worthwhile.

It's like watching a cult count down the days to their prophesied end of the world.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Bill Maher's monologue from the 5/8 episode was right on the money (the beginning of the video is about Rand Paul; the Jade Helm bit starts at 2:25):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DigpZl-wQQw
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The coming epidemic of paranoia
Americans of all stripes have always loved a good conspiracy theory. And while conservatives are in the spotlight over Jade Helm 15 at the moment, it’s a bipartisan affliction. Some people still believe that George W. Bush was behind the 9-11 attacks.

But those are the low-hanging fruit when it comes to considering the social impact of paranoia. Psychology professor David LaPorte at Indiana University of Pennsylvania worries that the world is becoming an increasingly scary place for all of our brains. And that is increasingly fertile ground for paranoia.

In his forthcoming book, “Paranoid: Exploring Suspicion from the Dubious to the Delusional,” LaPorte warns there’s a danger of a full-blown epidemic. (But he’s not paranoid about it.)
The link has a short interview with the author.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The Globe had a good story today for those who were only peripherally aware of the wackiness in TX. I daresay that's most people.
Paranoid ideas about the US government are not new in certain segments of the political spectrum.

But the theories in this case — dismissed as “kooky” on Fox News — gained greater currency in Texas when the Republican governor, Greg Abbott, ordered the Texas State Guard to “continuously monitor” the US military training activities because “it is important that Texans know their safety, constitutional rights, private property rights, and civil liberties will not be infringed.”
When even Fox won't run with it, you know you're over the line.

The story goes on to try to answer the question "How did America become so divided, the state of the union so fractured, that the secretary of defense is forced to deny the Army is planning the hostile takeover of a state?"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jade Helm begins Wednesday! American Freedom to be extinguished by Friday at the latest!!
Next News Network, a conspiracy theory website co-founded by Gary Franchi, the former chair of Rep. Ron Paul's (R-TX) super PAC, noted that the start of the "Jade Helm 15" exercise coincides with a Druidic cremation ceremony performed by a secret society of America's Republican elite.
TruNews Christian radio [...] host Rick Wiles said he believed that the government would go as far as deploying an "EMP" attack -- an electromagnetic pulse generated by the detonation of a nuclear weapon in orbit -- against states that resist the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.
"Is it JUST a coincidence that the states named by Abdurakhmanov line up almost PERFECTLY with the map above of JH15 as well as the map of the Atzlan territories that Mexico has demanded be returned to them?" All News Pipeline asked. "In fact, only Wyoming is missing."
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

"Is it JUST a coincidence that the states named by Abdurakhmanov line up almost PERFECTLY with the map above of JH15 as well as the map of the Atzlan territories that Mexico has demanded be returned to them?" All News Pipeline asked. "In fact, only Wyoming is missing."
Politico
Just a few months ago, a cousin of the Zimmermann Telegram was delivered by a Russian government official, directed squarely at an American government once more waffling about military intervention in the European theater. The speaker of Chechnya’s parliament, Dukuvakha Abdurakhmanov, warned that should the U.S. increase its supply of arms to Kyiv, “we will begin delivery of new weapons to Mexico” and “resume debate on the legal status of the territories annexed by the United States, which are now the U.S. states of California, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado and Wyoming.” As to the putative destination for the weapons, Abdurakhmanov cited unspecified “guerrillas.” (Sealing his screed, Abdurakhmanov inexplicably cited Joe Biden as the creator of the current Ukrainian government.)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Happy Jade Helm day, everyone! If we don't hear from the Texas OO posters after today, I think that we can safely assume that they were replaced with illegal immigrants.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jeg er her, og jeg er helt fint.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Obama celebrated this morning by drinking mead from the skull of the governor of Texas. Victory!
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Jeg er her, og jeg er helt fint.
And here I had assumed that Jade Helm would bring in illegal Mexican immigrants. Obama is so crafty.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D
geezer

Post by geezer »

El Guapo wrote:Happy Jade Helm day, everyone! If we don't hear from the Texas OO posters after today, I think that we can safely assume that they were replaced with illegal immigrants.
El Geezer esta aqui! :ninja: No hay nada ver.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Jeg er her, og jeg er helt fint.
And here I had assumed that Jade Helm would bring in illegal Mexican immigrants. Obama is so crafty.
Hvordan kunne han sette opp en sosialistisk utopi uten faktiske "sosialister"?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also, I just saw this photo of Governor Abbott at an official appearance earlier today. I can't place my finger on it, but something seems different about him.

Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

He's holding an axe instead of a gun?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

He looks like an illegal immigrant.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Har han erklære disse bananene på grensen?
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

So now that Texas is under federal control what happens next? :P
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Oklahoma crys "gosh" while Louisiana and New Mexico shout "fuck!"
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Exodor wrote:So now that Texas is under federal control what happens next? :P
Now the REAL work begins...
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

The REAL truth of what is going on! Study it out, low-polygon meeples!

#OMGJadeHelm
There is no hug button. Sad!
Holman

Post by Holman »

This is actually pretty disturbing:
A new survey from Public Policy Polling finds that one-third of Republicans believe the Jade Helm 15 conspiracy theory that “the government is trying to take over Texas,” and another 28 percent of GOP voters haven’t made up their minds yet about the matter.
PPP also found that half of all Tea Party supporters fear an imminent Texas invasion.

I really want to believe that there's a strong element of knee-jerk Obama rejection here--that people don't actually understand the question.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Army Times covers six of the theories out there.
Some conspiracy theorists believe Blue Bell Ice Cream trucks could serve as mobile morgues. While none of the conspirators at Blue Bell balked at the idea and publicized the plot, sleuths found evidence: film of about a dozen Blue Bell trucks traveling on the same highway as a military convoy, apparently I-25 in Colorado.
A number of online voices have cast doubt on the idea that there will ever be a 2016 election. They say Obama simply will impose martial law and become a tyrant ... using a military that largely disapproves of his overall performance as Commander and Chief.
More at the link.
Sarkus

Texas gov calls out State Guard to prevent Obama Takeover

Post by Sarkus »

That's a pretty vague question. Note they didn't mention Jade Helm at all in the question, they just asked if respondents thought the government was trying to take over Texas. Generally speaking, anti big government believers would probably say that is true of every state. Geographically Jade Helm also goes well beyond the state of Texas.
Foggy: You have my word as a corporal and a gentleman.
Clegg: Hitler was a corporal!
Foggy: Not in my regiment.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Oh, man. Today shots were fired at soldiers training as part of Jade Helm exercise in Mississippi.

This seems to have happened in my childhood's back yard: all of my grandparents lived in Hattiesburg, and my uncle was a National Guard colonel based at Camp Shelby before he retired.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Holman wrote:Oh, man. Today shots were fired at soldiers training as part of Jade Helm exercise in Mississippi.

This seems to have happened in my childhood's back yard: all of my grandparents lived in Hattiesburg, and my uncle was a National Guard colonel based at Camp Shelby before he retired.
The suspects were driving a red Ford Ranger with the words "broken arrow" on the windshield.
Oh no, Broken Arrow. I was hoping for just a Bent Spear.

:ninja:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rip wrote: Oh no, Broken Arrow. I was hoping for just a Bent Spear.

:ninja:
Incidents
Holman

Post by Holman »

Broken Arrow refers to an accidental event that involves nuclear weapons, warheads or components, but which does not create the risk of nuclear war.
Well, if the militias have taken nuclear war off the table, I'd say they've already given up on Freedom.

Victory in Texas, comrades!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Greg Abbott hasn't ruled out using his bent spear.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

In an unrelated development, three North Carolina men have been arrested for stockpiling weapons, building homemade bombs, and planning ambushes to fight Jade Helm martial law.

I held my nose and clicked a link to Infowars about this story. The comments... my God, the comments.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote:Oh, man. Today shots were fired at soldiers training as part of Jade Helm exercise in Mississippi.
Round(s) Two
National Guard officials say shots have been fired for a second consecutive day near a military facility in southern Mississippi, but no injuries are reported.

Lt. Col. Christian Patterson says that at about 8 a.m. Wednesday, soldiers training at the Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center reported shots fired into the air. Patterson describes it as the same area where soldiers reported gunfire shot from pickup near troops standing guard Tuesday.

Patterson says the description of the shooter is the same for both incidents: a white male in a red pickup truck, make and model unknown.

He says Camp Shelby is at a heightened state of alert but no service members have been hurt or injured.

He says the post is secure and all personnel are accounted for.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Honestly, it's probably one of my lesser cousins. I'll check Facebook.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote:In an unrelated development, three North Carolina men have been arrested for stockpiling weapons, building homemade bombs, and planning ambushes to fight Jade Helm martial law.

I held my nose and clicked a link to Infowars about this story. The comments... my God, the comments.
WaPo
Federal officials say three North Carolina men — Walter Eugene Litteral, 50; Christopher James Barker, 41; and Christopher Todd Campbell, 30 — spent months compiling their cache, much of it purchased through a military surplus store owner who became so concerned about the plot that the person became the FBI’s informant.

The men were arrested Saturday and charged with conspiracy and amassing weaponry allegedly to combat what they believe is the government’s plan to impose martial law through (among other things) the multistate military exercise known as Jade Helm.
By April, months before the training operation was scheduled, the purchases from the military surplus store began — all of them paid for in cash, according to court documents. There were plans, the documents allege, to make pipe bombs, explosive tennis balls covered in nails and coffee cans filled with ball bearings that would be detonated with a shot from a sniper rifle.

And by mid-June, those plans were beginning to crystallize.

According to the documents, Litteral was heavily armed with both legally and illegally obtained weapons. If government agents came looking for him at his home, Litteral allegedly told the informant in a phone conversation, he would be ready.
The plan involved testing the explosives on land in Shelby, N.C. But the ambush against U.S. forces would take place on Litteral and Campbell’s a 99-acre camp in Clover, S.C.

“According to [Campbell], he and Litteral intend to booby-trap the camp and draw government’s forces into the camp and kill them,” the warrant states.
In mid-July, Litteral attempted to buy a rifle for Barker, the third arrestee named in the conspiracy. Barker had been convicted of a felony and would not have been permitted to purchase a weapon.

But the purchase at the gun store was held up, first by a required three-day background check. Unbeknownst to Litteral, it was then held up even longer at the FBI’s request.
Three days later, federal agents made a move, raiding two homes along with Campbell’s tattoo parlor and ultimately arresting all three of the men.

The men now face charges of conspiracy to violate laws governing firearms and explosive devices, which carry a prison sentence of up to five years and a $250,000 fine. Campbell separately faces an additional charge of receiving, possessing or making a firearm — which by definition includes a destructive device — which carries a maximum penalty of up to 10 years and a $10,000 fine, according to the FBI.

Walter Eugene Litteral (L), Christopher Todd Campbell (M), and Christopher James Barker (R) were arrested on Saturday. (Mecklenburg County Sheriff)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

If government agents came looking for him at his home, Litteral allegedly told the informant in a phone conversation, he would be ready.
I mean, obviously not.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Jade Helm ends today. OOers in Texas don't forget to check in and confirm you're still an American and not drafted into Obama's New World Order.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow