Holman

Re: The Confederate Flag Thread

Post by Holman »

Enlarge Image
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Is that from today/ I swear I've seen it before.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Ah--I just looked it up. It's from an earlier protest but has been circulating again today.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm just catching up on all this as I was involved in a birthday party all day. All I can say is Trump's refusal to condemn the guilty party in all this is one of the most despicable things I've seen him do as President. And that's coming from a LONG list of despicable things.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

YellowKing wrote:I'm just catching up on all this as I was involved in a birthday party all day. All I can say is Trump's refusal to condemn the guilty party in all this is one of the most despicable things I've seen him do as President. And that's coming from a LONG list of despicable things.
Condemning Nazis is literally the easiest thing a President can do. How do you fuck that up, unless it's intentional?
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump's aides gave him a bland denunciation of violence to deliver, but now it's coming out that he chose to ad-lib "on many sides" himself.

That makes it so much worse. He went out of his way to avoid criticizing the Nazis singly or directly.
Jag

Post by Jag »

RunningMn9 wrote:
YellowKing wrote:I'm just catching up on all this as I was involved in a birthday party all day. All I can say is Trump's refusal to condemn the guilty party in all this is one of the most despicable things I've seen him do as President. And that's coming from a LONG list of despicable things.
Condemning Nazis is literally the easiest thing a President can do. How do you fuck that up, unless it's intentional?
It is intentional and it is fucked up. Don't forget his dad was arrested at a KKK rally 60 years ago this summer.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote:Trump's aides gave him a bland denunciation of violence to deliver, but now it's coming out that he chose to ad-lib "on many sides" himself.

That makes it so much worse. He went out of his way to avoid criticizing the Nazis singly or directly.
You know he's all about that base, 'bout that base, no trouble.
malchior

Post by malchior »

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I guess MAGA also means Make Aryans Great Again.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

$iljanus wrote:I guess MAGA also means Make Aryans Great Again.
This is so disgusting. I can't believe so many are sympathetic to racist white nationalists. When Sessions is condemning the KKK and Trump can't bring himself to do so, you can tell he definitely takes after his father.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Nazis vs. people against Nazis.

Really hard to take a stand here. Let's go with "many sides". :roll:

He is who we thought he was. I hope this makes it harder for others to keep their heads in the sand, but I'm not optimistic.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

gbasden wrote:
$iljanus wrote:I guess MAGA also means Make Aryans Great Again.
This is so disgusting. I can't believe so many are sympathetic to racist white nationalists. When Sessions is condemning the KKK and Trump can't bring himself to do so, you can tell he definitely takes after his father.
He's also a fucking coward who saves his outrage for political softballs like North Korea or Venezuela. Or going after the evil media, Hillary or Obama. And he's such a tough guy when talking to Boy Scouts. But if he needs to fire someone he gets others to draft memos to cover his ass then takes the "credit" if it suits his ego. And he plays the submissive puppy dog for Putin and hedges his bets when it comes to Nazis.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Anyone still worried about calling this part of Trump's supporters "deplorable"?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

I prefer my Nazis Nuremberged, thank you very much.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Richard Spencer has been invited to speak at the University of Florida in September by the National Policy Institute (and not anyone affiliated with the university). The president of UF sent out an email stating that the university is legally obligated to rent out space to speakers if they pay for use of the building and urged people not to organize counter-protests so as not to provide media attention to the event. But I'm sure he's more concerned about scenes like those that took place in Charlottesville happening in Gainesville. Of course, counter-protests are already being organized on FB. It could get ugly.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You know, I usually defend the police in a lot of things, but why in the name of fuck did they let allow the protesters to gather in numbers with weapons and homemade riot shields? That's a pretty clear statement of intent.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump still won't condemn white supremacists himself. Instead he has trotted out a couple of spokesmen to claim that of course that's what he meant and that he didn't mention them by name because "he didn't want to dignify the movement."

That movement is hearing his presidential silence loud and clear.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Hey hey they were just "overwhelmed". That is why they stood back when the Nazis surrounded the counter-protestors Friday night and started to pummel them with torches full of flammable liquids. And then watched as the situation spiraled out of control the next day.[/sarcasm]

That said lack of operational experience likely did have a major effect but it is hard to ignore some of what the authorities allowed to occur before it went completely sideways.
Holman wrote:Trump still won't condemn white supremacists himself. Instead he has trotted out a couple of spokesmen to claim that of course that's what he meant and that he didn't mention them by name because "he didn't want to dignify the movement."

That movement is hearing his presidential silence loud and clear.
Just was seeing this. I'm kind of glad for his reaction because it really distills what a piece of shit he is. There is no question any longer that he is a racist piece of shit that gives air cover to violent white supremacist movements.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote:You know, I usually defend the police in a lot of things, but why in the name of fuck did they let allow the protesters to gather in numbers with weapons and homemade riot shields? That's a pretty clear statement of intent.
Wait until this story hits the mainstream news - keep scrolling down to see exactly where this took place. I won't spoil it for you.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Captain Caveman wrote:Nazis vs. people against Nazis.

Really hard to take a stand here. Let's go with "many sides". :roll:

He is who we thought he was. I hope this makes it harder for others to keep their heads in the sand, but I'm not optimistic.
A news story this morning included an interview with the mother of a kid who was wounded. She said she knew he was going to a rally, but she thought it was a Trump rally. Her kid's not a Nazi...and "Trump's not a white supremacist." Obviously she's just one person, but I suspect that she's typical.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I cannot imagine the level of mental gymnastics involved where you find yourself standing on one side of a protest, surrounded by Nazi flags and white-power symbols and you're telling yourself, "I'm not with them...they're just standing next to me."
Maybe next year, maybe no go
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Blackhawk wrote:You know, I usually defend the police in a lot of things, but why in the name of fuck did they let allow the protesters to gather in numbers with weapons and homemade riot shields? That's a pretty clear statement of intent.
I wonder if there are open carry laws in Virginia that would have kept the police from acting on it. I certainly hope it's that, and not "these people are white, so they are good."
Rip

Post by Rip »

Zarathud wrote:Anyone still worried about calling this part of Trump's supporters "deplorable"?
Anyone who would drive a car into a group of protesters is beyond deplorable.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

So all this time when he's been insulting politicians, reporters and lots of others, he's been "dignifying" them. Got it. Wow, he must respect Hillary Clinton so much he must be her biggest supporter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Two things I've noticed in the conservative responses today:

1. We're apparently back to the stage where we should all be able to read Trump's mind. Every official response today has been some form of "Well, of course he was talking about nazi supporters, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong." Never mind the fact that he has previously shown zero reservation in calling out literally any other group or person by name, but we should all just inherently know that he's referring to white nationalists in his statements, even though he fails to mention them directly. :roll:

2. I've heard more about "Antifa" in the last 24 hours than I have in my entire life. The level of organization and number of members this group has must be truly astounding. Again... :roll:

Of course, when they lump literally anyone who speaks out against Trump into that group, I'm sure that this particular boogeyman looms very large in the conservative world.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Skinypupy wrote: 2. I've heard more about "Antifa" in the last 24 hours than I have in my entire life. The level of organization and number of members this group has must be truly astounding. Again... :roll:
Interesting article on the countours of the Antifa movement here. It's Mother Jones, but it's a very educational and (so far--I haven't finished it) sober treatment.

For a long time I wasn't sure what was meant my "Antifa" at all, but it seems actually to refer to a tiny, tiny subset of anti-racist groups prepared and expecting to do violence against racist gangs--think 1980s left-wing skinheads, although hairstyle is irrelevant now.

I've noticed that alt-right people like to use the term more broadly, as if anyone who counter-protested at Charlottesville were automatically Antifa. I suppose that's a way of feeling like they're more in a war and more prepared to treat any disagreement as an excuse for violence.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

What. The. Actual. Fuck. And leftists were vilified for punching Nazis. Not setting them on fire or mowing them down.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah, I'm tired of nearly every statement Trump makes having to be post-mortemed and retconned to tell us what he *really* meant. The guy's the President of the United States. If he can't put together a coherent sentence that is understandable without lengthy explanation, then he's unqualified for the job. Period.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Defiant wrote: So all this time when he's been insulting politicians, reporters and lots of others, he's been "dignifying" them. Got it. Wow, he must respect Hillary Clinton so much he must be her biggest supporter.
I'm sure we all remember how dogged he was in accusing Obama of being weak for not saying "Radical Islamic Terrorism".
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Since slavery isn't an issue, I don't see why we don't just agree to divide the country in two. It's pretty clear that we've become incompatible.
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Holman

Post by Holman »

em2nought wrote:Since slavery isn't an issue, I don't see why we don't just agree to divide the country in two. It's pretty clear that we've become incompatible.
These aren't two countries or two points of view. This is right and wrong.

You're really going to pick that side? That's who you are?
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

em2nought wrote:Since slavery isn't an issue, I don't see why we don't just agree to divide the country in two. It's pretty clear that we've become incompatible.
And now we have an explicit endorsement of white nationalism right here on OO. Lovely.

Reminiscent of the quote from the white nationalist just quoted by Skinypuppy in the pictures and video thread:
Cvjetanovic added: “As a white nationalist, I care for all people. We all deserve a future for our children and for our culture. White nationalists aren’t all hateful; we just want to preserve what we have.”
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Because they were all white, of course.

Or do you think they'd all have gone home safely if they were black or brown?
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I'm having a really hard time believing this is happening and our President won't condem or speak out again this.

What a sad sad commentery about our country.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Will Mr. Trump be bothered to mention her name?

Heather Heyer
Heather Heyer was killed Saturday as she pushed back against hatred...
Black lives matter!

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That you see this as simply a matter of incompatible beliefs is just about what I've come to expect from you.
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

RunningMn9 wrote:
So angry, I can't begin to express myself.