Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Post Reply
User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 41485
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:
So how many Trump accusers have been killed
How many Clinton accusers have been killed (the insinuation obviously being "murdered".)? :?

...wait...are you one of those tin foil hat conspiracy theory nuts?

:lol:
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic
User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 40570
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote:
Rip wrote:
So how many Trump accusers have been killed
How many Clinton accusers have been killed (the insinuation obviously being "murdered".)? :?

...wait...are you one of those tin foil hat conspiracy theory nuts?

:lol:
Were those pod people I saw sitting in the Drumpf box during the debate?
User avatar
tgb
Posts: 30690
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by tgb »

I want my Trump TV

"Trump is right. We have always been at war with Eastasia." :D
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
malchior
Posts: 14457
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 pm

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by malchior »

Is it just me or does Olbermann look like he is "broadcasting" from some minimalist-styled underground bunker?
User avatar
tgb
Posts: 30690
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by tgb »

malchior wrote:Is it just me or does Olbermann look like he is "broadcasting" from some minimalist-styled underground bunker?

Given the echo it could be the GQ mens' room.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
User avatar
Alefroth
Posts: 5828
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Alefroth »

Rip wrote:Well that didn't last long.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/02/trump-rape ... onference/

Oh and her name is Katie Johnson, just look at the California lawsuit.
I'm surprised you didn't post her address.
User avatar
Rip
Posts: 26885
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: Cajun Country!
Contact:

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Rip »

Alefroth wrote:
Rip wrote:Well that didn't last long.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/02/trump-rape ... onference/

Oh and her name is Katie Johnson, just look at the California lawsuit.
I'm surprised you didn't post her address.
Her name has been in hundreds of new reports for some time.
User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 41485
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by hepcat »

Trump's got deep pockets, that's for sure. She probably felt it was better to just take the money and run.

:ninja:
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic
User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 41485
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by hepcat »

CNN) Melania Trump says she'd work to improve a social media culture that has gotten "too mean and too tough" -- riddled with insults based on "looks and intelligence" -- if she becomes first lady.
:lol:

And another :lol: for Melania thinking she's going to be around that long. She's over 30 so The Donald will most likely buy a younger wife before too long.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic
User avatar
Defiant
Posts: 19780
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Tongue in cheek

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Defiant »

Can she start by keeping her husband from social media?
User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 41485
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by hepcat »

A good trophy wife knows her place...
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic
User avatar
tgb
Posts: 30690
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by tgb »

hepcat wrote:
CNN) Melania Trump says she'd work to improve a social media culture that has gotten "too mean and too tough" -- riddled with insults based on "looks and intelligence" -- if she becomes first lady.
:lol:

And another :lol: for Melania thinking she's going to be around that long. She's over 30 so The Donald will most likely buy a younger wife before too long.
The minions have been getting absolutely hammered on CNN and MSNBC all afternoon.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
User avatar
Dogstar
Posts: 1604
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Dogstar »

In signs the election has indeed gone global, Buzzfeed gives you...

Macedonia is the source for over 100 pro-Trump websites.
The young Macedonians who run these sites say they don’t care about Donald Trump. They are responding to straightforward economic incentives: As Facebook regularly reveals in earnings reports, a US Facebook user is worth about four times a user outside the US. The fraction-of-a-penny-per-click of US display advertising — a declining market for American publishers — goes a long way in Veles. Several teens and young men who run these sites told BuzzFeed News that they learned the best way to generate traffic is to get their politics stories to spread on Facebook — and the best way to generate shares on Facebook is to publish sensationalist and often false content that caters to Trump supporters.

...

“I started the site for a easy way to make money,” said a 17-year-old who runs a site with four other people. “In Macedonia the economy is very weak and teenagers are not allowed to work, so we need to find creative ways to make some money. I’m a musician but I can’t afford music gear. Here in Macedonia the revenue from a small site is enough to afford many things.”
User avatar
PLW
Posts: 3058
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:39 am
Location: Clemson

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by PLW »

The FBI crap is super troubling to me. Not because it might lead Trump to win (although its troubling for those reasons), but because it suggests that I have been naive in thinking that a Trump presidency might not be TOOOO bad as the other institutions of government would act as a check. Now, I'm starting to worry that there is a significant cohort of Trumpists in lots of the institutions of power. I doubt they are legit white-power/ultra-nationalist guys, but I worry that they might lean that way.

So when Trump says "Way worse than waterboarding", I used to think "Nah... no significant fraction of leaders in the military wouldn't go along with that". Now... I'm not so sure. Are there enough Trumpists in the police/military that they could legitimately take over. It sounds crazy, even to me, but I'd put the chance at at least 1% now, and before all this FBI hoohah I would have dismissed it as silly.
User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 36174
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by El Guapo »

PLW wrote:The FBI crap is super troubling to me. Not because it might lead Trump to win (although its troubling for those reasons), but because it suggests that I have been naive in thinking that a Trump presidency might not be TOOOO bad as the other institutions of government would act as a check. Now, I'm starting to worry that there is a significant cohort of Trumpists in lots of the institutions of power. I doubt they are legit white-power/ultra-nationalist guys, but I worry that they might lean that way.

So when Trump says "Way worse than waterboarding", I used to think "Nah... no significant fraction of leaders in the military wouldn't go along with that". Now... I'm not so sure. Are there enough Trumpists in the police/military that they could legitimately take over. It sounds crazy, even to me, but I'd put the chance at at least 1% now, and before all this FBI hoohah I would have dismissed it as silly.
Plus, when there are fights within institutions, who is Trump going to side with - the Trumpists or the moderates? Who is going to get the promotions?

I posted this in the instigating thread, but this is a good summary of why we should not expect people to push back on a President Trump.
Black Lives Matter.
User avatar
Rip
Posts: 26885
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: Cajun Country!
Contact:

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Rip »

I for one welcome our new Trumplords.
User avatar
YellowKing
Posts: 26893
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:02 pm

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by YellowKing »

PLW wrote:So when Trump says "Way worse than waterboarding", I used to think "Nah... no significant fraction of leaders in the military wouldn't go along with that". Now... I'm not so sure.
I know exactly how you feel, since I spent literally decades believing I could safely ignore GOP stances on various social issues I didn't agree with because "in reality they can't really do anything."

As Trump would say, "WRONG."

The eye-opener for me was when our governor passed that bathroom bill in secret and basically said "We're going to discriminate against transgender people" with no apologies. And then proceeded to thumb his nose as company after company pulled out or refused to do business and the state lost millions of dollars over a non-issue. And people RALLIED around him. It was extremely frightening.

Now, the transgender thing didn't impact me directly. But it's not a far jump from openly discriminating against transgender people to openly discriminating against, say, non-Christians.

Assuming a candidate will be held in check is a BAD assumption. People assumed it with our governor, and we're now sitting upon millions of dollars of lost revenue, thousands of lost jobs, fighting a lawsuit levied by the federal government, and it's all due to one man's disdain for a single group of people. He's just a lowly governor from NC. Imagine what a President with attitudes even worse (ie Trump) could do.
Last edited by YellowKing on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 40570
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by GreenGoo »

Rip wrote:I for one welcome our new Trumplords.
For a libertarian, you're about to get the most invasive government in modern times. Assuming you get what you say you want, that is.
User avatar
Rip
Posts: 26885
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: Cajun Country!
Contact:

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Rip »

GreenGoo wrote:
Rip wrote:I for one welcome our new Trumplords.
For a libertarian, you're about to get the most invasive government in modern times. Assuming you get what you say you want, that is.
Either one will be invasive. It is a matter of picking what freedoms and liberties you are most interested in maintaining. On that front the most important one to me is the 2nd amendment. Hillary has been quite clear on her desires on that front. At least on the rare occasion she isn't lying to conceal her real desires. See:TPP, open borders, etc.
User avatar
tgb
Posts: 30690
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by tgb »

Dogstar wrote:In signs the election has indeed gone global, Buzzfeed gives you...

Macedonia is the source for over 100 pro-Trump websites.
Can't we send the Roman Legion in or something?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
User avatar
Enough
Posts: 14618
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:05 pm
Location: Serendipity
Contact:

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Enough »

tgb wrote:
Dogstar wrote:In signs the election has indeed gone global, Buzzfeed gives you...

Macedonia is the source for over 100 pro-Trump websites.
Can't we send the Roman Legion in or something?
Very interesting read. Our content delivery systems (and companies like FB denying that they do media/news) is leading us to a future of all viral crap news. Yay. :cry: :x
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
User avatar
tgb
Posts: 30690
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by tgb »

I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
User avatar
GreenGoo
Posts: 40570
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by GreenGoo »

Lol. I don't even like him, so I'm ok with that.

"weren't there any comic books available?"
Last edited by GreenGoo on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Carpet_pissr
Posts: 14471
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Columbia, SC

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Carpet_pissr »

For me? Pretty high, unless the blip on 538 turns into a line.
User avatar
Fitzy
Posts: 2030
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:15 pm
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Fitzy »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
For me? Pretty high, unless the blip on 538 turns into a line.
It's trending up!

I'm refreshing way too often.

Also I hope I didn't just jinx it.
User avatar
gilraen
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:45 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by gilraen »

Dogstar wrote:In signs the election has indeed gone global, Buzzfeed gives you...

Macedonia is the source for over 100 pro-Trump websites.
Have you seen the segment that Samantha Bee did on her show, interviewing a couple of actual Russians that are hired to post pro-Trump stuff on social media?

Samantha Bee interviews actual Russian trolls.
User avatar
Sepiche
Posts: 8089
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Olathe, KS

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Sepiche »

There was a pretty interesting article making the rounds a few days ago that talked about a probable reason for the fluctuations in polling averages. Not people changing their votes, but rather an anomaly in response rates to polls based on current events:
https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/11/0 ... -in-the-p/
...Although we didn’t find much vote switching, we did notice a different type of change: the willingness of Clinton and Trump supporters to participate in our polls varied by a significant amount depending upon what was happening at the time of the poll: when things are going badly for a candidate, their supporters tend to stop participating in polls. For example, after the release of the Access Hollywood video, Trump supporters were four percent less likely than Clinton supporters to participate in our poll. The same phenomenon occurred this weekend for Clinton supporters after the announcement of the FBI investigation.
TL;DR: When bad news hits a candidate their supporters are less likely to respond to pollsters, creating a temporary bump in the averages that eventually regresses to the mean.
User avatar
Carpet_pissr
Posts: 14471
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Columbia, SC

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Carpet_pissr »

God I hope you're right and that is what we are seeing now.
User avatar
RunningMn9
Posts: 23518
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:55 pm
Location: The Sword Coast
Contact:

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by RunningMn9 »

This seemed particularly appropriate today, in reference to Trump and a large segment of his enthusiastic supporters...

Revisiting why incompetents think they’re awesome
article wrote:They showed that to assess your own expertise at something, you need to have a certain amount of expertise already.
As someone without expertise in anything, he concludes that he's an expert in everything.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 68676
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dunning-Kruger.
Black lives matter
User avatar
RunningMn9
Posts: 23518
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:55 pm
Location: The Sword Coast
Contact:

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by RunningMn9 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Dunning-Kruger.
Yes. I'm not sure why you just posted that though. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 68676
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Isgrimnur »

Call it my tl;dr version.
Black lives matter
User avatar
RunningMn9
Posts: 23518
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:55 pm
Location: The Sword Coast
Contact:

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by RunningMn9 »

Fair enough. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 44344
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Smoove_B »

George RR Martin offers his thoughts:
In my lifetime, there has never been a presidential candidate more unfit to lead this nation.

You don't need to like Hillary. You don't need to listen to what Hillary says about Trump, or what I say about Trump. You just need to listen to Trump. If you can do that, and still consider voting for him... well...

Pappy Bush lost an election by looking at his watch. Michael Dukakis lost an election by riding around in a tank. Howard Dean lost an election by giving a yeeeehah scream. Trivial things. Insignificant things. Trump, on the other hand, has said the vilest things any presidential candidate has said since George Wallace, and he's rising in the polls.

He has boasted that he could shoot someone dead on Fifth Avenue and still not lose any votes. I am beginning to think he was right.
I appreciate his candor.
I'm so far off the map the sun is shining
User avatar
Defiant
Posts: 19780
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Tongue in cheek

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Defiant »

Melania Trump was paid for 10 modeling jobs in the United States worth $20,056 that occurred in the seven weeks before she had legal permission to work in the country, according to detailed accounting ledgers, contracts and related documents from 20 years ago provided to The Associated Press.
link

Damn illegals, taking our jobs. :horse:
User avatar
tgb
Posts: 30690
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by tgb »

I never thought I would say this, but Supreme Glory Kim Jong Trump is 100% absolutely right about two things:

1) The election is being rigged. He should know. It's his guys doing the rigging. Some people on the Left like Keith Olbermann and Bill Maher (NSFW) are starting to panic. Calling it a right wing coup may be a little bit of a hyperbole but it's not far from the truth.

2) We have always been at war with Eastasia.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
User avatar
Holman
Posts: 24819
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Holman »

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
User avatar
Grifman
Posts: 19154
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Grifman »

Enlarge Image
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Post Reply