I want a Lamborghini

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Rip

Re: I want a Lamborghini

Post by Rip »

Exodor wrote:
Rip wrote:just a zealot with an agenda.
And yet you seem to accept the heavily-edited videos without question.
I didn't accept them without question.

My position is that the videos imply that questions need asking and investigated by someone truly impartial. Which is clearly not CMP, but it certainly isn't Valerie Tarico either.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:
I didn't accept them without question.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He won. Period.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

He accepted them to ask unjustified and misleading questions. So that makes it ALL better. :roll:
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Rip

Post by Rip »

Saying something should be investigated is not "accepting without question".

If I had accepted them without question I would have said that PP should be shut down immediately and the people in charge jailed. An investigation is a defacto "questioning"
Rip

Post by Rip »

Zarathud wrote:He accepted them to ask unjustified and misleading questions. So that makes it ALL better. :roll:

I accept that a lot of people wouldn't have cared if they were auctioning of the parts on eBay.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:Saying something should be investigated is not "accepting without question".

If I had accepted them without question I would have said that PP should be shut down immediately and the people in charge jailed.
You mean kind of like when you earlier wrote
Rip wrote:I see it as a post about people openly breaking the law.
:lol:

You jumped into this issue without even doing a cursory check to see if it was a heavily edited video. Even though there was ample proof out there that it was. No matter what evidence is shown to you, you will refuse to believe it because it matches your world view. But hey, that's the hardline GOP response method these days. So you're in...well, I can't say GOOD company, can I? :wink:
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote:
Rip wrote:Saying something should be investigated is not "accepting without question".

If I had accepted them without question I would have said that PP should be shut down immediately and the people in charge jailed.
Was it not a post about that? Just because it was a post about that doesn't mean I am convinced they did in fact break the law. Just noting the post was about that not that it proves they did in fact break the law.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:
Was it not a post about that? Just because it was a post about that doesn't mean I am convinced they did in fact break the law. Just noting the post was about that not that it proves they did in fact break the law.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just a reminder of what he said once more:
Just because I said the sky was blue doesn't mean I believe the sky is blue!
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote:

You jumped into this issue without even doing a cursory check to see if it was a heavily edited video. Even though there was ample proof out there that it was. No matter what evidence is shown to you, you will refuse to believe it because it matches your world view. But hey, that's the hardline GOP response method these days. So you're in...well, I can't say GOOD company, can I? :wink:
Just about all videos that we see are heavily edited. I can't remember the last time I saw the news, government, or any activist organization release an "unedited" video.

That isn't true, if I see someone I respect as impartial issue an investigative report that say none of what was suggested in the videos was true I am more than happy to accept that.

I will still be against abortion however, but also against making abortions illegal.
Last edited by Rip on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

When do you think you're going to need a new shovel? The one you're using can't possibly last much longer.
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote:When do you think you're going to need a new shovel? The one you're using can't possibly last much longer.

What shovel? These videos haven't altered my position one way or another on any issues of substance.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:
These videos altered my position on any issues.
:shock:
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

What is funny is that I don't recall hearing you complaining about all the NBC "video editing" incidents in which they have selectively altered videos. Npt the least of which was the George Zimmerman 911 call.

NBC edits
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And snap...the shovel finally broke.'

I don't recall hearing you complain about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor during World War II. Why is that?

Japanese attack!
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I'm not complaining now about anyone else bombing someone unexpectedly. When I do you should use that to say I would have had I been around then and I will when there is a thread on the subject.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So wait...this thread is actually about the Zimmerman incident in Florida a few years back?

Will you be needing two shovels at this time?
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rip wrote:What is funny is that I don't recall hearing you complaining about all the NBC "video editing" incidents in which they have selectively altered videos. Npt the least of which was the George Zimmerman 911 call.

NBC edits
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

There is nothing to investigate but the anti-abortion group's dishonest propaganda.

No one is forced to have an abortion. There is no marketing of abortions to harvest tissue. If something worthwhile like medical research can come from a tragic situation, don't they have a moral obligation to pursue it? Particularly when the GOP crusaders constantly manufacture OUTRAGE! in trying to shut down funding for clinics.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Rip

Post by Rip »

You need to get your outrage meter fixed.

If I was outraged I would be out there protesting and burning shit down.

I am at most moderately concerned.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote:You jumped into this issue without even doing a cursory check to see if it was a heavily edited video.
In fairness to Rip, I did the exact same thing but in the opposite direction. Knowing who was making the video, I had zero expectations that it would contain any factual information and immediately discounted the videos without even knowing their content.

Luckily (or not), my jumped to conclusion was more accurate than his. Then again I don't have some deep need to know that fetal parts are not being sold to the highest bidder, so I had no desired outcome, one way or the other.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Zarathud wrote:Deliberately falsifying evidence to pursue a political agenda? It's not like this is the first offense....
I suppose that to these so-called Christians some of the 10 Commandments are optional (such as bearing false witness).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:You need to get your outrage meter fixed.

If I was outraged I would be out there protesting and burning shit down.

I am at most moderately concerned.
Moderately concerned that you won't be able to get a Lamborghini? Or moderately concerned because you accept things you read as the truth without doing even the slightest amount of research that would prove otherwise?

Simply put: Planned Parenthood is NOT making money on abortions. Nor do they want to. Period. End of discussion.

What they ARE guilty of is being a medical resource for teenagers who have nowhere else to turn and families who can't afford even the most basic of care. Does that bother you too?
He won. Period.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Rip wrote:What argument?

What there was of an argument was about as convincing as her argument that there was no historical Jesus. She is just a zealot with an agenda.
How about the analysis from Fusion GPS that shows that the recordings were *highly* edited in order to change the meaning of what was being said? Who gives a shit about the author of that one piece?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Pyperkub wrote:
Zarathud wrote:Deliberately falsifying evidence to pursue a political agenda? It's not like this is the first offense....
I suppose that to these so-called Christians some of the 10 Commandments are optional (such as bearing false witness).
I think we need to demand that Congress establish at least two Commissions to investigate lying to Congress. And all their e-mails. And all the source videos. And their deleted hard drives, too. Deceiving the American People is a criminal offense that demands concurrent investigations and lawsuits!! What are they really trying to hide???
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Rip wrote:I have five young boys buried in my crawlspace.
The letters might be re-arranged, but I think this bears further investigation.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

hepcat wrote: What they ARE guilty of is being a medical resource for teenagers who have nowhere else to turn and families who can't afford even the most basic of care. Does that bother you too?
Hey Hepcat, wouldn't that reduce the number of abortions?
Rip

Post by Rip »

gbasden wrote:
Rip wrote:What argument?

What there was of an argument was about as convincing as her argument that there was no historical Jesus. She is just a zealot with an agenda.
How about the analysis from Fusion GPS that shows that the recordings were *highly* edited in order to change the meaning of what was being said? Who gives a shit about the author of that one piece?

Fusion GPS, yet another firm I have little trust in. But even then they said more than that it was highly edited.
A report commissioned by Planned Parenthood has found that the sting videos targeting its tissue donation practices contain intentionally deceptive edits, missing footage and inaccurately transcribed conversations. But there is no evidence that the anti-abortion group behind the attack made up dialogue. ...

But the firm also wrote that it is impossible to characterize the extent to which the edits and cuts distort the meaning of the conversations depicted and that there was no “widespread evidence of substantive video manipulation.”
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/pol ... 20250.html

In the end I will wait and just let the numerous congressional committees and states investigating it and I am sure they will get the unedited video and we will see what they find. Just like the Clinton e-mails the truth will work its way free.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Alefroth wrote:
hepcat wrote: What they ARE guilty of is being a medical resource for teenagers who have nowhere else to turn and families who can't afford even the most basic of care. Does that bother you too?
No, but it would probably increase the number of risky abortions.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

GreenGoo wrote:
Alefroth wrote:
Preventing unwanted pregnancies increases the number of risky abortions? I don't follow.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Taking away access to abortions provided by a doctor will lead back to the days of back alley abortions by untrained people.
He won. Period.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

hepcat wrote:Taking away access to abortions provided by a doctor will lead back to the days of back alley abortions by untrained people.
But the medical resources aren't just abortion, they are also contraception education and support.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Alefroth wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:
Alefroth wrote:
Preventing unwanted pregnancies increases the number of risky abortions? I don't follow.
Actually, I had to re-read what you wrote several times and then just guessed at your meaning. With your comment just now about unwanted pregnancies, I realize you're suggesting that Planned Parenthood reduces the number of abortions through sex education and contraception. So yes, that's all true. Not sure what people would have against that, but I guess the abortion thing outweighs everything else.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Alefroth wrote:
hepcat wrote:Taking away access to abortions provided by a doctor will lead back to the days of back alley abortions by untrained people.
But the medical resources aren't just abortion, they are also contraception education and support.
Yes, I misunderstood you.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And abortions by trained physicians. I'm not saying those other services won't help to lower the need for abortions, but when they do become the last resort for someone, I think we can all agree that a trained physician is far better than a back alley hack. That was the point of the post you replied to.
He won. Period.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

hepcat wrote:And abortions by trained physicians. I'm not saying those other services won't help to lower the need for abortions, but when they do become the last resort for someone, I think we can all agree that a trained physician is far better than a back alley hack. That was the point of the post you replied to.
Gotcha. Thought you were referring to contraception.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

GreenGoo wrote:
Alefroth wrote:
My fault.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Alefroth wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:
Alefroth wrote:
My fault.
Shrug. No one's fault. It happens.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

House Energy and Commerce Committee
The Judiciary Committee brought three longtime anti-abortion activists to testify at the hearing on Wednesday, including two women who claim they "survived" botched abortions that their mothers had attempted. The Democrats were allowed one witness, a Yale University professor who supports abortion rights. Planned Parenthood was not invited to testify at the hearing.
But multiple state investigations and the federal investigation being conducted by the House Energy and Commerce Committee have so far been unable to find any facts to support that claim.

Just before the Judiciary Committee hearing on Wednesday, the ranking Democrats on the Energy and Commerce Committee announced that their investigation has found "no evidence" to support the claims that Planned Parenthood is engaged in any illegal activities.

"Over the last month, we have carefully reviewed the facts at hand and the materials provided to us as a result of the majority's inquiry," said Energy and Commerce Committee Ranking Member Frank Pallone Jr. (D-N.J.) and Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee Ranking Member Diana DeGette (D-Co.) in a statement.

"Despite the incendiary rhetoric, we have looked strictly at the facts. We are continuing to do our due diligence, but we have found these claims to be unsubstantiated," the statement read.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Of course there is nothing to this. It's a witch hunt. These are the same ignorant jackholes who threaten women who have a D and C for a molar pregnancy. They can't tell a fact from a wish and don't know shit about biology or science.

If even a House committee can see their bullshit for what it is, it's some big league bullshit.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Soooo...no Lamborghini? :cry:
He won. Period.