Fundraising for 2020/2021: Currently at $1580. Fundraising has begun, see the global post for options. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Canada 2015-19 and Beyond: New Hope or Phantom Menace?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Max Peck

Re: Canada 2015-19: New Hope or Phantom Menace?

Post by Max Peck »

Another day, another shocking political scandal...

Canada's Green Party edits photo of leader holding single-use cup
Canada's Green Party has admitted to doctoring a photo of its leader to show her holding a reusable plastic cup.

However, leader Elizabeth May said the manipulation was done without her knowledge and she was "completely shocked" to see it.

The edited photo showed Ms May holding a plastic reusable cup with the Green Party logo and a metal straw.

The party leader pointed out that she had nothing to hide as she was using a compostable disposable cup.

"My personal daily practice is to avoid single use plastic items 100% of the time," Ms May said in a statement.

"I walk the talk every day. I hope that despite this misstep by well-meaning party staff (who hoped to brand the image with our logo), people can believe that in the original photo there is nothing I would have hidden," she added.
Time and tide melt the snowman.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

The sheer lawlessness of your country bordering my state makes sleep difficult at night.
I don't remember where I read this, Cort, maybe it was in the last patch notes, but they said the UAZ really handles the best when... the wheels are actually touching the ground.
--RedF1ve

Moat_Man
Loading…

Post by Moat_Man »

Yawn.
Hold the line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Max Peck

Re: Canada 2015-19 and Beyond: New Hope or Phantom Menace?

Post by Max Peck »

Now to see if Trudeau and Singh can find enough common cause to keep us from the polls for another four years. :coffee:

P.S. -- I'm pleasantly surprised that the turnout for my riding (Ottawa Centre) hit 85%.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Oooh, it looks like Ivanka posted on Daddy's Twitter account...

There is a roughly zero percent chance that Trump wrote those sentences or holds those views. If it wasn't Ivanka, it was the late shift intern.

-- The Doctor

Isgrimnur
Loading…

Post by Isgrimnur »

I look forward to hearing about the congratulations call.

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I'm very happy with the result.
I was scared a bit that the cons would find a way to win but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Bloc won in my riding (I voted liberal) and I have to say, Blanchet really impressed me, I probably would have vote for him had be a been the leader of a Canada-wide party but he's not so, meh.

I'm glad we're still going forward with progress instead of regressing, we've seen so many right-leaning party be elected around the world lately it's scary.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Big Igloo North: Support for anti-government, pro-gun Boogaloo movement growing in Canada
An anti-government, pro-gun movement linked to recent violence in the U.S. is gaining supporters in Canada — prompting warnings from experts over their often hateful, violent remarks against protesters, police and Ottawa's new firearms restrictions.

In the U.S, Boogaloos have recently been in the spotlight, after some showed up heavily armed at anti-lockdown and Black Lives Matter demonstrations.

There are no reports of Boogaloos at Canadian protests. But online, the nascent movement has inspired at least two Facebook pages where followers have recently talked about killing protesters and RCMP officers alike.

The Facebook pages identified by CBC News were created in the past six months and in that time grew to around 800 followers each.
No word as to whether this guy was getting his Boogaloo on or is just a random free-range lunatic.

CAF member arrested on Rideau Hall grounds faces 22 charges, including multiple firearm violations
The Canadian Armed Forces member who allegedly gained access to the grounds at Rideau Hall while carrying a firearm Thursday morning now faces a long list of charges.

The RCMP said Corey Hurren, 46, faces 22 criminal charges, including careless use of a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm and uttering threats.

Hurren, an active member of the military who serves as a Canadian Ranger, allegedly drove his truck through the pedestrian gate at 1 Sussex Drive at around 6:30 a.m. ET Thursday morning, which stopped working on impact, said RCMP Deputy Commissioner Mike Duheme during a news conference Friday morning.

-- The Doctor