DNC E-Mail Wikileaks

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: DNC E-Mail Wikileaks

Post by GreenGoo »

RunningMn9 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Doesn't that give him more of a reason to dig in? ... He just gives FBI people carte blanche to leak to the press whatever innuendo they want to (if he hasn't done that already, I suppose).
He can't give carte blanche to FBI people from the unemployment line. The memo he wrote to Congress was effectively his resignation letter.
Can't disagree. I've never heard anyone call Clinton shy about doing what she needs to do, politically.

Comey is done for. It doesn't matter how much outrage gets generated.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

I've seen calls here for evidence. An investigation is what produces evidence. If the DOJ doesn't allow an investigation then they are, de facto, not allowing the process to work.

FBI Agents doing what they do (the "I" stands for investigation) are not necessarily pro-Trump, however they are / should be / who knows the group that gets to the Truth of the matter in these kinds of disputes. If either the DOJ or FBI behaves in a partisan manner then our goose is cooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

El Guapo wrote:
Grifman wrote:
malchior wrote:Considering the behavior we are seeing now - it *was* a conspiracy. A conspiracy to undermine the Clinton candidacy using Federal police powers. When that didn't work - they started leaking to get their way. If Clinton wins, she'll have a huge headache. Especially if Comey digs in. Whatever the case - there are obviously huge integrity issues in the FBI right now which is absolutely awful.
No, it's not a conspiracy.
"Conspiracy" is too strong. That said, there is pretty clearly a significant faction within the FBI that really is actively pro-Trump. Start with the WSJ article about the FBI (and FBI - DOJ) civil war over this stuff. Add in all of the leaks over the past couple weeks, all of which are pro-Trump (leaking both anti-Clinton stuff, and leaking stuff dismissive of a Trump-Russia connection). The article that Captain Caveman just posted adds to that.

It's hard to see the FBI as neutral actors at this point.
You are assuming a bias that you have no conclusive evidence for. The truth instead could be not that there are elements in the FBI that are pro-Trump, but instead there are those that truly believe Clinton has done wrong based upon the evidence, and are pushing for action. That doesn't make them pro-Trump. You are assuming the very thing you need to prove.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smutly wrote:I've seen calls here for evidence. An investigation is what produces evidence. If the DOJ doesn't allow an investigation then they are, de facto, not allowing the process to work.

FBI Agents doing what they do (the "I" stands for investigation) are not necessarily pro-Trump, however they are / should be / who knows the group that gets to the Truth of the matter in these kinds of disputes. If either the DOJ or FBI behaves in a partisan manner then our goose is cooked.

At the risk of taking the bait, this isn't about the investigations so much as the leaking and de facto political interventions. But even so, it's not like it's appropriate to let investigations proceed where the prosecutor sees no plausible basis for a case (though one could disagree with the prosecutor's judgment in any particular case, of course).
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

El Guapo wrote:"Conspiracy" is too strong. That said, there is pretty clearly a significant faction within the FBI that really is actively pro-Drumpf. Start with the WSJ article about the FBI (and FBI - DOJ) civil war over this stuff. Add in all of the leaks over the past couple weeks, all of which are pro-Drumpf (leaking both anti-Clinton stuff, and leaking stuff dismissive of a Drumpf-Russia connection). The article that Captain Caveman just posted adds to that.
Right - I'm not talking conspiracy in the sinister shadow government sense. You are calling them a faction. They are acting in concert - definitionally a conspiracy. Pedantic as it may be :D
This is my larger point and it is another dangerous destabilizing force.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grifman wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Grifman wrote:
malchior wrote:Considering the behavior we are seeing now - it *was* a conspiracy. A conspiracy to undermine the Clinton candidacy using Federal police powers. When that didn't work - they started leaking to get their way. If Clinton wins, she'll have a huge headache. Especially if Comey digs in. Whatever the case - there are obviously huge integrity issues in the FBI right now which is absolutely awful.
No, it's not a conspiracy.
"Conspiracy" is too strong. That said, there is pretty clearly a significant faction within the FBI that really is actively pro-Trump. Start with the WSJ article about the FBI (and FBI - DOJ) civil war over this stuff. Add in all of the leaks over the past couple weeks, all of which are pro-Trump (leaking both anti-Clinton stuff, and leaking stuff dismissive of a Trump-Russia connection). The article that Captain Caveman just posted adds to that.

You are assuming a bias that you have no conclusive evidence for. The truth instead could be not that there are elements in the FBI that are pro-Trump, but instead there are those that truly believe Clinton has done wrong based upon the evidence, and are pushing for action. That doesn't make them pro-Trump. You are assuming the very thing you need to prove.
It's not the pushing for investigations that makes them pro-Trump. It's the selective leaking of stuff (which is almost entirely pro-Trump) in the two weeks leading up to the election that makes them pro-Trump. Because doing so is intervening in an election on one side.
Black Lives Matter.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

El Guapo wrote:
Smutly wrote:I've seen calls here for evidence. An investigation is what produces evidence. If the DOJ doesn't allow an investigation then they are, de facto, not allowing the process to work.

At the risk of taking the bait, this isn't about the investigations so much as the leaking and de facto political interventions. But even so, it's not like it's appropriate to let investigations proceed where the prosecutor sees no plausible basis for a case (though one could disagree with the prosecutor's judgment in any particular case, of course).
I don't think we have ever seen this behavior before if FBI Agents are leaking information. Reports are that FBI Agents are fuming at how this is being handled. I think it's safe to say that they disagree wholeheartedly with the opinions of the DOJ officials. There are obvious political links in the DOJ with the Clintons. That doesn't mean that they are doing anything 'wrong', but the links are obvious and do exist. Those two things (unprecedented behavior plus links) does not look good. So, absolutely no evidence but it's smoldering.
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Law enforcement leak to media constantly. Amazingly, the majority of things that get leaked are things that help their case in the public eye.

I'm not fully behind El Guapo, but things certainly seem amiss.

I mean, you're 5 days before election day and the FBI is making a lot of noise (but nothing remotely close to concrete) about investigating one of the candidates.

That's bullshit. Isn't that typically done behind the scenes until results are available at the best of times, let alone during an election?

It's either dangerously incompetent, or actively undermining. Neither is more likely to result in justice as compared to keeping your mouth shut while investigating, if in fact there is evidence of wrong doing in the first place.
malchior

Post by malchior »

First off - the leaks are completely against DOJ policy. A policy designed to make the nation's top law enforcement agency specifically appear non-political since that same organization has a sordid history of abusing the political process in the past. The leaks specifically addressed points that indicate political interference in a way that implies a political candidate is being underhanded days before an election they are directly involve in. Therefore, true or not there is no other reasonable explanation for the timing of this leak other than political motivation.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Hilarious listening to Obama say "we don't work in innuendo" and then roar off into a lengthy diatribe full of innuendo aimed at Trump.

:roll:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I didn't hear it, but I'm confused why he would need to resort to innuendo. There's a long list of fact checked flaws he could choose from.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Rip wrote:Hilarious listening to Obama say "we don't work in innuendo" and then roar off into a lengthy diatribe full of innuendo aimed at Drumpf.

Could you link to this possible fever dream? I found clips of him talking about the FBI controversy but nowhere did I hear him say a word about Trump.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

It exists with Hillary's e-mails in the bizzaro world Rip inhabits -- aka breitbart
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

malchior wrote:
Rip wrote:Hilarious listening to Obama say "we don't work in innuendo" and then roar off into a lengthy diatribe full of innuendo aimed at Drumpf.

Could you link to this possible fever dream? I found clips of him talking about the FBI controversy but nowhere did I hear him say a word about Trump.
I suspect that Rip is unsure what innuendo means. Obama has been very clear about his dislike of Trump..and the reasons why.
He won. Period.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

hepcat wrote:
malchior wrote:

I suspect that Rip is unsure what innuendo means. Obama has been very clear about his dislike of Trump..and the reasons why.
"They are having sexual intercourse, if you know what I mean". :wink:
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Rip wrote:Hilarious listening to Obama say "we don't work in innuendo" and then roar off into a lengthy diatribe full of innuendo aimed at Trump.

Actually it was full of innuendo aimed at Comey (to read reports. I didn't hear the speech) but the funny still stands.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I will have to look for a full transcript but what he said in NC is this.
If Trump's elected, day one Medicaid checks stop, Pell grants slow down. He also said that grants to predominantly black colleges will be systematically reduced and then cut off. Yeah, Trump's gonna defund government funding of black colleges. He's gonna end Medicaid. And then he's gonna dig up Michelle's garden! All on day one.
People in the crowd even started laughing and he had to say, "You think I'm kidding? I'm not."
geezer

Post by geezer »

Rip wrote:I will have to look for a full transcript but what he said in NC is this.
If Trump's elected, day one Medicaid checks stop, Pell grants slow down. He also said that grants to predominantly black colleges will be systematically reduced and then cut off. Yeah, Trump's gonna defund government funding of black colleges. He's gonna end Medicaid. And then he's gonna dig up Michelle's garden! All on day one.
People in the crowd even started laughing and he had to say, "You think I'm kidding? I'm not."
well, I mean, some people are saying that. Believe me. I've heard it. Lots of people are.
Last edited by geezer on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hyperbole != innuendo.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:I will have to look for a full transcript but what he said in NC is this.
You're quoting Rush Limbaugh, not the actual source. The actual speech does not say medicaid will end completely, nor does it say Trump will defund black universities. He does say he'll make cuts, though. Which can be verified by looking at Trump's own words...well, depending on what week it is.
The president said that if he is succeeded by the Manhattan billionaire, Americans can “immediately” expect tax cuts for the wealthy, the removal of millions of people from Medicaid and cuts to Pell grants and historically black colleges and universities. If Trump is elected, Obama said, “right away, I guarantee you they’ll dig up Michelle’s garden.”
And still not innuendo.
Last edited by hepcat on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He won. Period.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Anonymous Bosch wrote:
Enough wrote:Wait, so in 2011 they were emailed a Fox News article and this is considered insider knowledge? In other words, didn't all of us know this information FIVE YEARS ago? I don't know about AB, but personally I feel like shit for not doing more to stop Weiner when I had my chance. I mean we all knew this information five years ago. Are we not all to blame? :? :wink:
Hey, I'm just sharing some of the recent WikiLeaks reporting relevant to the thread. If you don't find it newsworthy, that's your prerogative. But take heart, Enough; Weiner has now checked himself into rehab for sex addiction (for the second time), so I trust that'll assuage your guilt.
And I'm just saying this "recent" Wikileaks reporting actually isn't novel when Fox News reported it five years ago. Why didn't Wikileaks just link the Fox News article? Oh yeah, that's right, they purport to release secret novel information. That wasn't the case here. Many of the other Podesta email dumps have been far more juicy imo.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Rip

Post by Rip »

Even before the most recent scandals, Clinton's campaign had an eerie resemblance to the Nixon playbook.

Compare the election of 2016 to the election of 1972. The favored Nixon re-election juggernaut (dubbed CREEP, or the "The Committee for the Re-election of the President") squeezed corporations and wealthy individuals for millions in donations, in much the same way that Clinton's multimillion-dollar cash machine has vastly outspent her opponent, Donald Trump.

The Watergate tapes later revealed an entirely cynical Nixon campaign team and a hard-nosed White House cadre led by H.R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman -- plus a host of lesser toadies, such as the conniving John Dean. They all took for granted that Washington functioned on a quid-pro-quo and pay-for-play basis.

In that regard, the Clinton campaign under chairman John Podesta (the new Haldeman) has become Nixonian to the core, thanks to Podesta's ruthlessness.

The WikiLeaks/Podesta email trove reveals that Hillary's consultants have no moral compass. They lampoon Latinos as "needy." Catholics are written off as being stuck in medieval times. Aides bartered with plutocrats for Secretary of State Clinton's face time on the basis of cash donations. A primary debate question was tipped off by CNN contributor and Democratic operative Donna Brazile.

The nickname "Tricky Dick" referred to Nixon's perceived anything-goes campaign style and his "flexibility" on issues. CREEP's "plumbers" staged break-ins to look for leaked information. Petty activists supposedly tried to disrupt rallies for Nixon's 1972 opponent, George McGovern. Clinton is using similar tactics. In the ambush tapes of Project Veritas, Clinton's for-hire thugs bragged on film of provoking violence at Trump rallies and bringing in voters by bus to cast illegal ballots.

The anti-communist and free-marketer Nixon turned out to be a wheeler-dealer who had no problem wooing communist China or imposing socialist wage and price controls. From hacked emails, it is clear that Hillary's positions on fracking, trade deals, the Keystone XL pipeline, immigration and foreign policy hinged on whatever best served her political self-interest.

Most loyal aides who served Nixon ended up disgraced, jailed or humiliated. Does anyone think that Podesta, Cheryl Mills or Huma Abedin -- the fixers so prominent in the WikiLeaks scandal -- will have a political future, given their aiding and abetting of Clinton knavery and profiteering?

We know that Nixon lied about what he had known about the cover-up of the Watergate break-in. And now we know from the WikiLeaks email dumps and the FBI investigation that Clinton likewise has never told the truth about her email server, the Clinton Foundation's pay-for-play schemes or the catalysts for the Benghazi killings. Nixon always attacked the messenger in hopes of discrediting the message -- and now Clinton is going after FBI Director James Comey.

Nixon professed that he never knew the sordid details of his campaign's dirty tricks. Clinton has resorted to the same defense with regard to the shady activities of the now-disgraced subordinates who resigned after being caught trying to disrupt Trump rallies. Stonewalling was a Nixon specialty. Clinton told FBI investigators 27 times that she could not remember key details about the email scandal.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 32234.html
malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat wrote:Let's help Rip out, shall we? The actual speech was:
The president said that if he is succeeded by the Manhattan billionaire, Americans can “immediately” expect tax cuts for the wealthy, the removal of millions of people from Medicaid and cuts to Pell grants and historically black colleges and universities. If Drumpf is elected, Obama said, “right away, I guarantee you they’ll dig up Michelle’s garden.”
And still not innuendo. Do you own a dictionary?
This is a perfect example of the parallel universe they inhabit. Is Obama painting an overly bleak picture? Perhaps but it is policy focused and is a reasonable exaggeration of Drumpf's stated goal to lower taxes for the wealthy. That'd likely necessitate cuts and he is speaking to the crowd by picking something out that matters to them that would have to go. It might not be factual but it is fairly common political rhetoric. To expand, Trump has been so devoid of actual details that without this technique - no one would be able to challenge his policy prescriptions otherwise.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I cut out the insult. I was being a bit of a dick there for no reason. I may vehemently disagree with Rip, but I should still follow his example and avoid the personal insults. :oops:
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

New York Police Department detectives and prosecutors working an alleged underage sexting case against former Congressman Anthony Weiner have turned over a newly-found laptop he shared with wife Huma Abedin to the FBI with enough evidence “to put Hillary (Clinton) and her crew away for life,” NYPD sources told True Pundit.

NYPD sources said Clinton’s “crew” also included several unnamed yet implicated members of Congress in addition to her aides and insiders.

The NYPD seized the computer from Weiner during a search warrant and detectives discovered a trove of over 500,000 emails to and from Hillary Clinton, Abedin and other insiders during her tenure as secretary of state. The content of those emails sparked the FBI to reopen its defunct email investigation into Clinton on Friday.

But new revelations on the contents of that laptop, according to law enforcement sources, implicate the Democratic presidential candidate, her subordinates, and even select elected officials in far more alleged serious crimes than mishandling classified and top secret emails, sources said. NYPD sources said these new emails include evidence linking Clinton herself and associates to:

-Money laundering
-Child exploitation
-Sex crimes with minors (children)
-Perjury
-Pay to play through Clinton Foundation
-Obstruction of justice
-Other felony crimes
NYPD detectives and a NYPD Chief, the department’s highest rank under Commissioner, said openly that if the FBI and Justice Department fail to garner timely indictments against Clinton and co- conspirators, NYPD will go public with the damaging emails now in the hands of FBI Director James Comey and many FBI field offices.

“What’s in the emails is staggering and as a father, it turned my stomach,” the NYPD Chief said. “There is not going to be any Houdini-like escape from what we found. We have copies of everything. We will ship them to Wikileaks or I will personally hold my own press conference if it comes to that.”

The NYPD Chief said once Comey saw the alarming contents of the emails he was forced to reopen a criminal probe against Clinton.

“People are going to prison,” he said.
http://truepundit.com/breaking-bombshel ... y-perjury/

:shock:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

She's ruined now.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Rip wrote: -Sex crimes with minors (children)
So young people, not minorities - is that the clarification there?
Rip

Post by Rip »

Unagi wrote:
Not sure but hearing him suggest that he would hold his own press conference it shouldn't surprise anyone that Comey had no choice.

A little piece of me still hopes for an NYPD press conference.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Lol, 2 of the most scrutinized politicians ever maintained operational silence for years (decades?) while they conducted child sex slavery?

Really?

Really, really?

I mean, by all means, let's hear it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

NYPD sources said these new emails include evidence linking Clinton herself and associates to:
•Money laundering
•Child exploitation
•Sex crimes with minors (children)
•Perjury
•Pay to play through Clinton Foundation
•Obstruction of justice
•Other felony crimes
You realize this is Weiner's emails they are talking about, right?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Rip wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Not sure but hearing him suggest that he would hold his own press conference it shouldn't surprise anyone that Comey had no choice.

A little piece of me still hopes for an NYPD press conference.
By all means, if he's got the evidence, let's have it. If Comey had actually found something and it was damning enough that prosecution were likely to result, then I'd support him coming forward, even during an election. But he hadn't.

If this Police Chief has damning evidence that will put her away for life, let's have it.

And if it turns out to be nothing, or "classified dinner plans" or some shit like that, i want to see his career burned to the ground. He better make damn sure he's not being a partisan hack.

It boggles my mind that a laptop could have enough evidence in email form to actually matter. Clinton's server must have been sending in clear text. If it wasn't, then it was probably more secure than government servers. And if it was in clear text, and the NSA has carte blanche to listen to everyone and everything, the simplest, cheapest investigation into Clinton would have turned all this up already.

I don't for a freakin' second believe this Chief/detective/whatever.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Better get a the Kriminal Sopina! This case is *finally* breaking wide open. The Clintons are engaged in White Slavery or something. Sounds legit.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I live and die by emails. I don't delete anything but spam. Who the hell has a half million emails on a workstation? How long would it take to read a half million emails? That is nonsensical to me. I am email extreme and I probably combine to send and receive about 14,000 a year and that takes up the majority of my day every day.
malchior

Post by malchior »

GreenGoo wrote:I don't for a freakin' second believe this Chief/detective/whatever.
Does he/they even exist? Truepundit totally seems like an above board source of information.
Last edited by malchior on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

New York Police Department detectives and prosecutors working an alleged underage sexting case against former Congressman Anthony Weiner have turned over a newly-found laptop he shared with wife Huma Abedin to the FBI with enough evidence “to put Hillary (Clinton) and her crew away for life,” NYPD sources told True Pundit.

NYPD sources said Clinton’s “crew” also included several unnamed yet implicated members of Congress in addition to her aides and insiders.

The NYPD seized the computer from Weiner during a search warrant and detectives discovered a trove of over 500,000 emails to and from Hillary Clinton, Abedin and other insiders during her tenure as secretary of state. The content of those emails sparked the FBI to reopen its defunct email investigation into Clinton on Friday.
Oh good lord.

We know about the laptop.

We know that the fbi were looking for a warrant. We know they got one.

We know, based on Comey's comments, that they hadn't looked at the emails yet.

We know that the emails on the laptop included emails to Hillary via her server. We know this based on metadata. We know the laptop has approx. 650,000 emails. We don't know how many were to Clinton directly. Unlikely to be the majority.

We know the investigation was re-opened not because of what is known of the content of these emails, but because the *MIGHT* be relevant.

Just those first 3 paragraphs are full of spin and misinformation.

And holy fucking shit, even a child knows not to document their wrongdoings via detailed emails. But now we're finding out that Clinton just emailed all the details of her crime empire? Mafia have been talking in code for decades, but Clinton has decided that a written record would be good for book keeping purposes?

But sure. Let's have the damning evidence. I'm waiting.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LordMortis wrote:I live and die by emails. I don't delete anything but spam. Who the hell has a half million emails on a workstation? How long would it take to read a half million emails? That is nonsensical to me. I am email extreme and I probably combine to send and receive about 14,000 a year and that takes up the majority of my day every day.
I can just about understand 650,000 emails on a personal laptop used by 2 highly placed, active politicians. The sheer amount of electrons produced by them must be huge. If no regular maintenance was done with their inboxes and/or laptop then...maybe.

But your point is still valid. That's an incredibly high amount of emails.

P.S. I'm using 650,000 emails because that's what the fbi said. Random article posted by Rip says 500,000.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

malchior wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:I don't for a freakin' second believe this Chief/detective/whatever.
Does he/they even exist? Truepundit totally seems like an above board source of information.
I'm guessing no. Or he's a fringe lunatic who sees wrong doing in the most innocuous things.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Let's see if there is a hint to its veracity. The site was registered this year and there are no humans attached to it. We don't know who owns it. Or who is writing for it. The story is posted by 'admin'. Fantastic. It also seems to just regurgitate alt-right junk. I grade this 'Parallel Universe Garbage'. At least until the NYPD really pulls the table cloth off the White Slavery ring that the Clinton's were emailing about.