DNC E-Mail Wikileaks

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Enough

Re: DNC E-Mail Wikileaks

Post by Enough »

cheeba wrote:
hepcat wrote:For every Huffington there's a Breitbart though.
I'll see your Breitbart and raise you a Salon.
King Drudge laughs at your silly comparisons.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yup, we could probably do this all day.
He won. Period.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

They're not too happy with Debbie in Philly. DWS booed off stage. Guess she's lucky Philly fans aren't throwing batteries at her.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote:
em2nought wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:
cheeba wrote:I guess it's no surprise as that's how politics is done... but damn us if we don't demand better.
I really just mean it as an indication of how little is demanded or expected in politics right now.
I think it shows how the general population has grown to truly hate your average politician. Jeb, Hillary, Barrack, Cruz, Rubio, Kerry, et al. It's a call for anyone "but" a politician.
I can understand that. I know I'm sick of shoddy auto repairs. The next time I need my car worked on, I'm taking it to a dentist!
I know a dentist who could probably do a better job than that shoddy garage. At worst, he might tell you to scrap it since your garage has done such shoddy work that now it can't be fixed without drastic repairs . Don't go back to those guys, instead of getting new blood they're trying to promote from within. :wink:
two months
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Clearly auto mechanics should be hiring those without any training in auto repair instead of promoting from within or hiring other auto mechanics!

:mrgreen:
Last edited by hepcat on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Enough wrote:
cheeba wrote:
hepcat wrote:For every Huffington there's a Breitbart though.
I'll see your Breitbart and raise you a Salon.
King Drudge laughs at your silly comparisons.
Buzzfeed, Gawker, VICE, Vox, Daily Kos, The Daily Beast, Mother Jones, Think Progress, I'm going all in baby!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's all about ethics in political journalism!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

From Conservapedia

Conservative News

Fox News
Breitbart
NewsMax
CNSNews
Town Hall
American Thinker
Red State
The Daily Caller
Drudge Report
Human Events
Right Wing News
Canada Free Press
Free Republic
WorldNetDaily
OneNewsNow.com
The Hill
Catholic Edition
Washington Times
Hot Air
Newsbusters
LifeNews.com
Pajamas Media
National Review Online
Gateway Pundit
National Catholic Reporter
Investor's Business Daily
Military Times
RIGHTNETWORK
Voice of America
The Blaze
United Press International
Catholic News Service
The New Media Journal
Spero News
City Journal
Memeorandum.com
Ricochet
LifeSiteNews
Conservative News and Views
TrevorLoudon.com
Washington Free Beacon
Washington Examiner
TruthRevolt.org
Conservative Review
Whitehousedossier.com
America's Survival

Like I said, we could do this all day. Hopefully we won't though.
Last edited by hepcat on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Where's Prison Planet? Where's Alex Jones? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING???
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

From that site, I was also surprised to find out Chris Pratt leans conservative. Tell me it ain't so, Star Lord!
He won. Period.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

hepcat wrote:Like I said, we could do this all day. Hopefully we won't though.
1. you cheated by going to google
2. my sites are a lot more popular than your sites!
3. Yeah Chris Pratt is religious. He tweeted this on Easter (they built and put up that cross, I guess).
Enlarge Image

He's pretty low key about his conservatism, though.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I hope it wasn't put up on public grounds.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

You forgot rip's favourite. Daily Stormer.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Rip

Post by Rip »

tjg_marantz wrote:You forgot rip's favourite. Daily Stormer.
I'm much more partial to Forumwar™.
Enough

Post by Enough »

cheeba wrote:
hepcat wrote:Like I said, we could do this all day. Hopefully we won't though.
1. you cheated by going to google
2. my sites are a lot more popular than your sites!
3. Yeah Chris Pratt is religious. He tweeted this on Easter (they built and put up that cross, I guess).
Enlarge Image

He's pretty low key about his conservatism, though.
Drudge dominates the news cycle like no other in terms of setting the narrative, but in terms of raw popularity HuffPost, NewsMax and the Blaze (Glen Beck's baby) are challenging him as of late.

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

cheeba wrote: 2. my sites are a lot more popular than your sites!
Well, that's only because conservative media is about as boring as watching two guys list the names of the sites on an internet forum.

As for Pratt, I have no problem with Christians who actually act like Christians (turn the other cheek instead of becoming ruthless tweet monsters, treat everyone with respect, etc.). So I'm back on board with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Aaaaaand she won't be opening the convention after all.
Wasserman Schultz will also not speak tonight or throughout the duration of the convention, a Democrat close to her says. She will remain in Philadelphia until Friday when she formally steps down as leader of the committee.
Common sense appears to have won out.
He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I saw Drumpf Jr. on tv playing down the Russia angle as totally made up because they just named 'cybersecurity experts' and that could mean anyone. So imagine my surprise when I read that the Incident Response team was Crowdstrike. It is easily one of the finest companies for Cyber Threat Attribution and Threat intelligence at the moment. I recommend them over my own company's in-house product to clients. If true, I have to believe that they aren't bullshitting about the Russian connection which is pretty crazy.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

So who takes the bigger hit? News Outlets like NBC or the DNC?

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/10945
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Defiant wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:It's not good by any account, but this actually made me cringe:
It might may (sic) no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist,” Marshall wrote in a message to several DNC communications directors.
Peeps? Who the f- writes like that in an email. These are political staff members and they're sending email with "peeps" in it? I know I shouldn't be surprised but I'm astounded at the general unprofessional tone (not to minimize the strategy to go after Bernie's religion in any way).
Using someone's atheism against them strikes me similar as the "clinging to their guns and religion" attack Obama's did (except in this case, it was merely discussed).

Though I will say I was disturbed at how Sanders would avoid mentioning his Jewish heritage except when asked about it directly (as opposed to his mentioning his Polish heritage.)
I've seen a lot of people blathering on about how the DNC discussed doing this, but is there any evidence they actually did have someone do this in KY/WVA, or is this much ado about nothing?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Pyperkub wrote:
Defiant wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:It's not good by any account, but this actually made me cringe:
It might may (sic) no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist,” Marshall wrote in a message to several DNC communications directors.
Peeps? Who the f- writes like that in an email. These are political staff members and they're sending email with "peeps" in it? I know I shouldn't be surprised but I'm astounded at the general unprofessional tone (not to minimize the strategy to go after Bernie's religion in any way).
Using someone's atheism against them strikes me similar as the "clinging to their guns and religion" attack Obama's did (except in this case, it was merely discussed).

Though I will say I was disturbed at how Sanders would avoid mentioning his Jewish heritage except when asked about it directly (as opposed to his mentioning his Polish heritage.)
I've seen a lot of people blathering on about how the DNC discussed doing this, but is there any evidence they actually did have someone do this in KY/WVA, or is this much ado about nothing?
From what I've read it sure sounds like this stuff mostly consists of bitching about Sanders. On top of that most of the e-mails were sent in the long period after Sanders' defeat was essentially inevitable but before he had endorsed Clinton (when, as one might imagine, irritation with Sanders would have been building).
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

LordMortis wrote:So who takes the bigger hit? News Outlets like NBC or the DNC?

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/10945
This email lacks so much context that I say probably no one. Chuck Todd's job description probably should say something like - strong communication's skills especially listening to whining from random political luminaries about coverage. IMO this is likely the equivalent of a coach walking out to ask the refs to look out for sharp elbows more in a basketball game.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Defiant wrote:
That is both a legitimate concern and a way to shift the spotlight.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Foxtrot Alpha on the hack:
I’m saying it because the Russian military is specifically out not just to hack, but to spread misinformation through hacking, as Motherboard’s Thomas Rid explains:
The larger operation, with its manipulative traits, fits well into the wider framework of Russia’s evolving military doctrine, known as New Generation Warfare or the “Gerasimov Doctrine,” named after Valery Gerasimov, the current Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces. This new mindset drastically expands what qualifies as a military target, and it expands what qualifies as military tactic. Deception and disinformation are part and parcel of this new approach, as are “camouflage and concealment,” as the Israeli analyst Dima Adamsky pointed out in an important study of Russia’s evolving strategic art published in November last year.
We in the west have always had this idea about what is and what is not on the table in terms of legitimate targets when it comes to warfare and international competition. I fear that we still do not anticipate nor understand that there are others that don't play by these rules.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I think about the continuing and pervasive lack of cybersecurity resources as a national security risk. The private sector which pays ridiculous sums to experts is having serious trouble recruiting and retaining personnel. CISO life span at a firm is between 2 - 3 years which is not great either. Personally I think it should be its own entity - purpose driven to train people in those skills. Maybe even a military branch. It'd likely be good for national security and it expands the labor force. Right now it is mostly buried in the Airforce and while I don't think of them doing a bad job (they are very good) - we just don't have the focus that our adversaries are placing on it.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

msteelers wrote:
That poll showed Trump in the lead every day since early July except for a single day. So the fact that he is in the lead now isn't exactly newsworthy.

Edit to add that comparing the latest numbers to when the RNC started, and Trumps convention bounce is at 2 points. That's... not great.
CNN says bump is 6 points. Latest CNN poll has Trump ahead for first time since October 2015.
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Fivethirtyeight said the convention bounce was 4 points, in line with recent elections
Enough

Post by Enough »

Welp, it really does look like it was the Russians.
The hacker who claims to have stolen emails from the Democratic National Committee and provided them to WikiLeaks is actually an agent of the Russian government and part of an orchestrated attempt to influence U.S. media coverage surrounding the presidential election, a security research group concluded on Tuesday. The researchers, at Arlington, Va.-based ThreatConnect, traced the self-described Romanian hacker Guccifer 2.0 back to an Internet server in Russia and to a digital address that has been linked in the past to Russian online scams. Far from being a single, sophisticated hacker, Guccifer 2.0 is more likely a collection of people from the propaganda arm of the Russian government meant to deflect attention away from Moscow as the force behind the DNC hacks and leaks of emails, the researchers found. ThreatConnect is the first known group of experts to link the self-proclaimed hacker to a Russian operation, amidst an ongoing FBI investigation and a presidential campaign rocked by the release of DNC emails that have embarrassed senior party leaders and inflamed intraparty tensions turning the Democratic National Convention. The emails revealed that party insiders plotted ways to undermine Sen. Bernie Sanders' presidential bid.

Holman

Post by Holman »

And the worry now is that they'll "release" fake emails designed to look worse than what's come out.

And now the party of Reagan is the tool of the KGB/FSB.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Didn't Putin say it was the Russians a long time ago? I thought he was preaching some sort of big Hillary wikileaks reveal before the California primaries.

And yeah, it's something to be concerned about in many many many ways. Take your pick from the top of my head:

Putin supports Trump's leadership in the US.
What's fact and what's fiction?
Russia hacks emails of prominent politicians and their correspondents like it's nothing.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Holman wrote:And the worry now is that they'll "release" fake emails designed to look worse than what's come out.

Sounds like something someone would say if they knew there were more damaging e-mails that hadn't been released yet....

:think:
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Holman wrote:And now the party of Reagan is the tool of the KGB/FSB.
Guilt by association. Trump's talk about Putin has been bat shit insane, of course, but he's not a real republican anyways.

And it's a bit like Gawker and Hulk Hogan. Yeah, a billionaire with a vendetta funded Hulk Hogan, but had Gawker not acted like, well, Gawker, in the first place there'd be nothing there to talk about.

In other words, it's pretty damn insanely partisan to enter a thread about democrats objectively behaving like shit-heels and several media outlets who let the democrats own them and bitch about republicans.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Rip wrote:
Holman wrote:And the worry now is that they'll "release" fake emails designed to look worse than what's come out.

Sounds like something someone would say if they knew there were more damaging e-mails that hadn't been released yet....

Do you not give a shit?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Holman

Post by Holman »

cheeba wrote:In other words, it's pretty damn insanely partisan to enter a thread about democrats objectively behaving like shit-heels and several media outlets who let the democrats own them and bitch about republicans.
Republicans are laughing off the fact that Vladimir Putin's spies broke into the files of an American political party and are now trying to use the information to influence our election. It's pretty damn insanely partisan not to care about foreign spies interfering in our politics when it happens to rebound in favor of your candidate.

And that doesn't even touch on the question of why Putin, who wants nothing more than to weaken the U.S. in every way, so obviously wants to see Donald Trump elected.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Kurth wrote:
Rip wrote:

Do you not give a shit?
Does it really matter? Either way, it's not going to unring the bell.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Rip

Post by Rip »

Kurth wrote:
Rip wrote:

Do you not give a shit?
I think it is as laughably ridiculous as suggesting that the infamous reset button was Obama/Clinton being in Putin's pocket.

Bitch about fear mongering and move right to fear mongering without taking a breath.

The liberal way.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Holman wrote:
cheeba wrote:In other words, it's pretty damn insanely partisan to enter a thread about democrats objectively behaving like shit-heels and several media outlets who let the democrats own them and bitch about republicans.
Republicans are laughing off the fact that Vladimir Putin's spies broke into the files of an American political party and are now trying to use the information to influence our election. It's pretty damn insanely partisan not to care about foreign spies interfering in our politics when it happens to rebound in favor of your candidate.

And that doesn't even touch on the question of why Putin, who wants nothing more than to weaken the U.S. in every way, so obviously wants to see Donald Trump elected.
Why should we care. The political leaders make it easy for stuff to get stolen because they are more concerned with their dirty laundry getting out than they are with protecting actual important secrets.

Live by the sword die by the sword.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Rip wrote:
Holman wrote:

Why should we care. The political leaders make it easy for stuff to get stolen because they are more concerned with their dirty laundry getting out than they are with protecting actual important secrets.

Live by the sword die by the sword.
Yeah, I don't care either. That's like the US Government being pissed at Snowden for showing the world all of the illegal spying bullshit they are doing. Fuck you, 'gubment. Julian Assange already stated that he has more e-mails and the dump will contain "enough evidence" to indict HRC. I imagine Hillary's bathroom server was less defended than that of the DNC...so it's reasonable that her server was hacked...especially if she was being targeted. Of course, I doubt anything would ever really happen to HRC, but it could affect voting which is fine by me.
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Smutly wrote:I imagine Hillary's bathroom server was less defended than that of the DNC...so it's reasonable that her server was hacked...especially if she was being targeted.
Coincidentally, it was allegedly an earlier Guccifer revision that claimed to have breached the Clinton server.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke