The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Skinypupy »

Holman wrote:Rep. Schiff (Democrat and ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee) solidly rebuked Nunes today.

Hopefully this means he'll be calling for an independent investigation.
I just read the follow-up comments on that tweet. Good lord.

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

If you haven't yet read the Time's transcript of their interview with Trump yesterday, it's pretty amazing. The cognitive dissonance that must be going on in Trump's head is incredible. Also, his inability to focus on any question is remarkable. Give that man some adderall! A snippet:
But I grant you some of those. But you would agree also that some of the things you have said haven’t been true. You say that Ted Cruz’s father was with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Well that was in a newspaper. No, no, I like Ted Cruz, he’s a friend of mine. But that was in the newspaper. I wasn’t, I didn’t say that. I was referring to a newspaper. A Ted Cruz article referred to a newspaper story with, had a picture of Ted Cruz, his father, and Lee Harvey Oswald, having breakfast.

That gets close to the heart…

Why do you say that I have to apologize? I’m just quoting the newspaper, just like I quoted the judge the other day, Judge Napolitano, I quoted Judge Napolitano, just like I quoted Bret Baier, I mean Bret Baier mentioned the word wiretap. Now he can now deny it, or whatever he is doing, you know. But I watched Bret Baier, and he used that term. I have a lot of respect for Judge Napolitano, and he said that three sources have told him things that would make me right. I don’t know where he has gone with it since then. But I’m quoting highly respected people from highly respected television networks.

But traditionally people in your position in the Oval Office have not said things unless they can verify they are true.

Well, I’m not, well, I think, I’m not saying, I’m quoting, Michael, I’m quoting highly respected people and sources from major television networks.

Did you see the Wall Street Journal opinion page today, the editorial page?

I thought it was, I thought it was a disgrace that they could write that.

But let me just, the hypothetical they started with, you have to announce to the country or to the world that some serious national security event has happened, and…

The country believes me. Hey. I went to Kentucky two nights ago, we had 25,000 people in a massive basketball arena. There wasn’t a seat, they had to send away people. I went to Tennessee four nights ago. We had a packed house, they had to send away thousands of people. You saw that, right. Did you see that?
Black Lives Matter
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

For some reason I think this exchange speaks volumes:
So when you…

And then TIME magazine, which treats me horribly, but obviously I sell, I assume this is going to be a cover too, have I set the record? I guess, right? Covers, nobody’s had more covers.

I think Richard Nixon still has you beat. But he was in office for longer, so give yourself time.

Ok good. I’m sure I’ll win.
:shock:
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

From that interview:
Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Sepiche wrote:For some reason I think this exchange speaks volumes:
So when you…

And then TIME magazine, which treats me horribly, but obviously I sell, I assume this is going to be a cover too, have I set the record? I guess, right? Covers, nobody’s had more covers.

I think Richard Nixon still has you beat. But he was in office for longer, so give yourself time.

Ok good. I’m sure I’ll win.
:shock:
That's amazing.
milo

Post by milo »

Not really "amazing" anymore. Just horrifying.
--milo
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

milo wrote:Not really "amazing" anymore. Just horrifying.
If I focus on the horror, I get depressed. Amazingly horrifying?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I miss having a president that actually spoke at higher than a 7th grade level.
He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Defiant wrote:From that interview:
Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not.
But is he Chevy Chase?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

tgb wrote:
Defiant wrote:From that interview:
But is he Chevy Chase?
That's exactly where I went, too. We both be showing our age. :)
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

No. Chevy Chase is intentionally funny.
He won. Period.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

hepcat wrote:I miss having a president that actually spoke at higher than a 7th grade level.
If you think that's a 7th grade level, you haven't spoken to many 7th graders recently.
Black Lives Matter
Andrew Wonser

Post by Andrew Wonser »

A 7th grade is someone who inserts like and um after every word. What we have here is a kindergartner who is trying to tell a joke but forgets almost all of it and has to start over again and again trying to get it right.
Ah, so he has retractable metal claws that punch through his flesh, just like a real wolverine.
Right, just like a real wolverine.
Ah, and his metal retractable claws can easily cut through hardened steel, just like a real wolverine.
Just like a real one, exactly.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I love how every discussion with the orange one eventually is derailed so that the jackass can toot his own horn over something. I have zero respect for this pile of garbage. That was true before he even ran for president, though. :hand:
He won. Period.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
hepcat wrote:I miss having a president that actually spoke at higher than a 7th grade level.
If you think that's a 7th grade level, you haven't spoken to many 7th graders recently.
I think his actual level is around 3rd grade.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

That uppity foreign press is faking up the news again.

Donald Trump said 14 false things in an interview about how he says false things
U.S. President Donald Trump did an interview with TIME magazine on Wednesday to discuss the subject of his untruthfulness. In the interview, he vigorously denied that he is untruthful — and said at least 14 false things. (We’ll allow him some rhetorical license on a few others. For the Star’s complete list of his false claims as president, visit thestar.com/trumpcheck.)

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Max Peck wrote:That uppity foreign press is faking up the news again.

Donald Trump said 14 false things in an interview about how he says false things
U.S. President Donald Trump did an interview with TIME magazine on Wednesday to discuss the subject of his untruthfulness. In the interview, he vigorously denied that he is untruthful — and said at least 14 false things. (We’ll allow him some rhetorical license on a few others. For the Star’s complete list of his false claims as president, visit thestar.com/trumpcheck.)

4, 8 and 11 are really the same thing. 13 was half a question and half a false claim. And I'm willing to give Trump 5, since he did use quotes on the word some of the times.

Still leaves 10 and a half false things.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Defiant wrote:

4, 8 and 11 are really the same thing. 13 was half a question and half a false claim. And I'm willing to give Trump 5, since he did use quotes on the word some of the times.

That's actually exactly consistent with the Canadian currency exchange rate.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Defiant wrote:

Like I said, fake news, eh? Sad.

gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Well, here's a news story that Trump will like - they let him sit in the big truck!

"While meeting truckers and CEOs, President Trump sits in truck and honks horn" - full video on C-SPAN (seriously, that's what they are reporting on now?)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Defiant wrote:

Why should we give him 5? He's the freaking President of the United States, he should get it right the first time and every subsequent time when he says something.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Because he did use quotation marks around "wiretapping"?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Seriously. This turd makes George W. sound like a Shakespearean thespian.
tgb

Post by tgb »

gilraen wrote:Well, here's a news story that Trump will like - they let him sit in the big truck!

"While meeting truckers and CEOs, President Trump sits in truck and honks horn" - full video on C-SPAN (seriously, that's what they are reporting on now?)

"Daddy? Daddy? DADDY LOOK AT ME LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE".
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
It's not just that he lacks eloquence and vocabulary, either. It's the constant return to talking about himself and his insistence on his own greatness, no matter the question.

I'd be surprised if he has ever spoken off-teleprompter for more than a full minute without returning to the only thing he cares about.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Yeah, well, language changes, and he was closer to Shakespeare's time than ours, so maybe that's not a surprise.

(Or did you mean a different George? :wink: )
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Holman wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:
It's not just that he lacks eloquence and vocabulary, either. It's the constant return to talking about himself and his insistence on his own greatness, no matter the question.

I'd be surprised if he has ever spoken off-teleprompter for more than a full minute without returning to the only thing he cares about.
Agreed. Content is a bigger issue than his style, IMO.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This is kind of fucked up.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4663033/trump1928

"We just about never been on a streak like this. I think 1928. It's a long time ago. And we're gonna get a lot of things done. And then we're gonna get to truly one of my favorite things. It's called reducing taxes."

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/04/ap-fact ... ownturn-2/

TRUMP: “The news media is now obsessed with an alleged tax filing from the 1990s at the end of one of the most brutal economic downturns in our country’s history. If you remember the early ’90s, other than I would say 1928, there was nothing even close,” Trump said. He later called the early ’90s “an economic depression.”

Did I say kinda fucked up? I think I meant completely fucked up.

Which BTW, weren't the 90s when he was declaring bankruptcy on the the Taj Majal and Trump Towers to put his business partners out of business and ruin his credit so bad that he had leave the US to find international private interests to hold his debt... Weren't they the extended era of prosperity? Things were pretty damned good for large businesses and entrepreneurs and the working man alike for most of the 90s, weren't they? A lot of trust funds were born during that time frame.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

LordMortis wrote:Which BTW, weren't the 90s when he was declaring bankruptcy on the the Taj Majal and Trump Towers to put his business partners out of business and ruin his credit so bad that he had leave the US to find international private interests to hold his debt... Weren't they the extended era of prosperity? Things were pretty damned good for large businesses and entrepreneurs and the working man alike for most of the 90s, weren't they? A lot of trust funds were born during that time frame.
Well, I guess we know the story he tells himself to justify why Taj Mahal went belly up now, that he has to distort history to get there is pretty much par for the course.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Ha! Jezebel has an article where they redacted everything untrue from the Time/45 interview. :lol:
http://theslot.jezebel.com/we-redacted- ... 1793571837
malchior

Post by malchior »

Trump has perfect genes! Only the best genes. The most beautiful genes. There should be a permalink to the Daily Show African Dictator video in every one of these statements.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

malchior wrote:Trump has perfect genes! Only the best genes. The most beautiful genes. There should be a permalink to the Daily Show African Dictator video in every one of these statements.
For anyone who knows the history of the eugenics movement, these kind of statements are terrifying.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

tgb wrote:
gilraen wrote:Well, here's a news story that Trump will like - they let him sit in the big truck!

"Daddy? Daddy? DADDY LOOK AT ME LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE".
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Sen Udall (D-NM), other Ds, intro bill requiring disclosure of visitor logs at the WH and other locations Trump regularly conducts business. The bill is called the Making Access Records Available to Lead American Government Openness (MAR-A-LAGO) Act
:clap:
stessier

Post by stessier »

I thought it had a separate thread, but I can't find it. The Keystone Pipeline got it's permit to continue today.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Reuters
U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday touted Charter Communications Inc's decision to invest $25 billion in the United States and a plan the company announced before he was elected to hire 20,000 workers over four years.
Charter said last May that it planned to add 20,000 jobs as part of its merger with Time Warner Cable and acquisition of Bright House Networks. As early as June 2015, Rutledge said Charter would need an additional 20,000 employees after those deals.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

For any other computer nerds: Trump Sort — A new sorting algorithm
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

After bailing out the banks when they screwed over everyone in the name of greed, we should have just put them in charge of writing the rules, I guess.
He won. Period.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

On a positive note though, tomorrow Jared Kushner becomes President. Sure, no one voted for him, and it's extremely unlikely that his 36-years young who also inherited his real estate gig has prepared him to transform America into America, Inc. while still somehow qualifying him to be the President's lead adviser on China, Mexico, Canada and the Middle East (specifically charged with bringing peace to Israel).

Most 36-year olds that I know are experts in several distinct and unrelated fields that they've never been educated on or interacted with in any way.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range