The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Carpet_pissr »

To be fair, if he actually was instrumental in getting them released as he boasted (but given his truthiness track record, odds are slim), I agree that they SHOULD thank him. Assholes! Making me semi-defend Trump. THANK HIM.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'm sorry, but how stupid do you have to be to attempt to shoplift something in China?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

tgb wrote:I'm sorry, but how stupid do you have to be to attempt to shoplift something in China?
Apparently, entitled freshman stupid.

Kudos to Trump for standing up for these kids.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Kurth wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:45 am
tjg_marantz wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:30 am Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!

This is beyond words.
I'm mostly just shocked he didn't end it with "Clinton/Obama could never have gotten them released. Losers!"
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Carpet_pissr wrote:To be fair, if he actually was instrumental in getting them released as he boasted (but given his truthiness track record, odds are slim), I agree that they SHOULD thank him. Assholes! Making me semi-defend Trump. THANK HIM.
They did. At a press conference. When he tweeted, it was before 8 am Pacific time.

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politics/ ... index.html

House Dems introduce articles of impeachment against Trump
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:50 pm http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politics/ ... index.html

Political theater that goes nowhere.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

tjg_marantz wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote:To be fair, if he actually was instrumental in getting them released as he boasted (but given his truthiness track record, odds are slim), I agree that they SHOULD thank him. Assholes! Making me semi-defend Trump. THANK HIM.
They did. At a press conference. When he tweeted, it was before 8 am Pacific time.

Yeah, I'm calling that an official "dick" tweet. What an asshole way to go about it.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Moliere wrote:
Daehawk wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:50 pm http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politics/ ... index.html

Politics IS theater. Or was there some other point to the ~80 odd attempts to repeal the ACA?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:58 pm
Moliere wrote:

Politics IS theater. Or was there some other point to the ~80 odd attempts to repeal the ACA?
Politics is not JUST theater.

We don't want to dilute this or reduce it to gestures. If impeachment is important to the survival of the Republic, we should play the card only when it can win.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Zarathud »

Forcing Republicans to go on record as against Trump's impeachment will have value when it becomes clear Trump should have been removed.

Otherwise, they might complain that it was the Republic's fault for not shutting him down earlier.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 pm Forcing Republicans to go on record as against Trump's impeachment will have value when it becomes clear Trump should have been removed.

Otherwise, they might complain that it was the Republic's fault for not shutting him down earlier.
Will it even come up for a vote?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 pm Forcing Republicans to go on record as against Trump's impeachment will have value when it becomes clear Trump should have been removed.

It was clear on day one of this administration. He was taking foreign money before and after he took office.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Holman wrote:

2019 at the earliest unless Mueller accelerates the timetable.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:44 am
Holman wrote:

Can you imagine being the guy who has to just sit on that and ride out his due process and watch the gears slowly churn while the bastard keeps destroying America? I mean, sitting there, with a folder on your desk marked "Treason" and watching the guy it's about scooting around the world, ruining the country you love, and smirking that shit-eating smirk. I'd have to keep a roll of leather in my mouth to bite down on to stop me from screaming.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Paingod wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:38 am
Pyperkub wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:44 am
Holman wrote:

Can you imagine being the guy who has to just sit on that and ride out his due process and watch the gears slowly churn while the bastard keeps destroying America? I mean, sitting there, with a folder on your desk marked "Treason" and watching the guy it's about scooting around the world, ruining the country you love, and smirking that shit-eating smirk. I'd have to keep a roll of leather in my mouth to bite down on to stop me from screaming.
I'd think that being focused on making sure you get them all rather than just the most noticeable vermin would be what kept me going at it. If the implied charges are indeed true (and I think they are) then there are a LOT of people who have betrayed our nation and need to pay the price.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Mueller's a stone cold pro. He's dotting i's, crossing t's, kicking ass and taking names. I feel like our patience will be rewarded.
malchior

Post by malchior »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:02 pm Mueller's a stone cold pro. He's dotting i's, crossing t's, kicking ass and taking names. I feel like our patience will be rewarded.
I would agree if this asshole wasn't tearing apart everything good about our country.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:02 pm Mueller's a stone cold pro. He's dotting i's, crossing t's, kicking ass and taking names. I feel like our patience will be rewarded.
with a Pence, unfortunately.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

At least Pence is marginally less likely to start WW III.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The best - and totally not racist - people.
The Department of Homeland Security's center for outreach to faith and community groups has resigned after it came to light that he had said black people turned cities into "slums" and Islam's only contribution to society was "oil and dead bodies," CBS News has learned.

In a 2008 radio discussion, Johnson said he believed black people were anti-Semitic out of jealousy of the Jewish people's success.

"I think one of the reasons why is because Jewish people from their coming to America in great waves in the early part of the 1800's immediately rolled up their sleeves and began to work so hard and applied themselves to education and other means of improvement and other means of climbing the, I hate this phrase, but the social ladder if you will," Johnson said. "And they have done exceptionally well for themselves. For only representing about 1.4 percent of America's population, they make up 12 percent of America's millionaires. Why? Because they work."

Johnson continued: "And it's an indictment of America's black community that has turned America's major cities into slums because of laziness, drug use and sexual promiscuity
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:53 pmwith a Pence, unfortunately.
Nope, he's not coming out of this unscathed. That Tweet is from August of this year, covering statements Pence made in November of 2016 - long before Mueller put the screws to Manafort. Remember, we're only getting started.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

Even if Pence were untouched by Trump-Russia (and he isn't), the degree to which he is associated with Trump would leave him stained and soiled for 2020.

Gerald Ford was moderate, bipartisan, and completely unconnected to Watergate, but he was still un-electable because of Nixon.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Holman wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:04 pm Even if Pence were untouched by Trump-Russia (and he isn't), the degree to which he is associated with Trump would leave him stained and soiled for 2020.

Gerald Ford was moderate, bipartisan, and completely unconnected to Watergate, but he was still un-electable because of Nixon.
Arguably, Ford was un-electable because of Nixon's pardon, rather than Nixon per se. IIRC, he started out with high approval ratings but they went in the dumper when he issued the pardon.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

The bitch is back.

This? Dems want to raise taxes but not on military? I don't get it.

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Holman

Post by Holman »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:04 pm Even if Pence were untouched by Trump-Russia (and he isn't), the degree to which he is associated with Trump would leave him stained and soiled for 2020.

Arguably, Ford was un-electable because of Nixon's pardon, rather than Nixon per se. IIRC, he started out with high approval ratings but they went in the dumper when he issued the pardon.
If Pence doesn't issue shameful pardons, his presidency will run parallel to months and months and months of prosecutions of Trump-Russia figures top to bottom. Their crimes will never be out of the headlines, and no one will be able to forget that these were the new president's closest associates in a totally criminal administration.

Ford came in clean (hence his initial approvals) and never had to deal with that.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

tjg_marantz wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:22 pm The bitch is back.

This? Dems want to raise taxes but not on military? I don't get it.

He's claiming that the Dems want higher taxes, but wouldn't spend the money on the military. They'd waste it on things like healthcare and education.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

That's what that means? Thanks.

And... fuckers!

I'm I MAGAing right?
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I mean, sure, Mueller's widely respected for decades on experience in law enforcement...but he's up against THIS GUY:

Enlarge Image
Black Lives Matter.
Brian

Post by Brian »

tjg_marantz wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:22 pm The bitch is back.

Maybe he's grabbing the pussy. I hear they let you do that when you are rich/famous.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
tgb

Post by tgb »

I read today that Trump plans to find the 8 turkeys Obama pardoned over the years and kill them all.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Rip

Post by Rip »

tgb wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 am I read today that Trump plans to find the 8 turkeys Obama pardoned over the years and kill them all.
I read it several times over the last few days. All right here on OO.

:P
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The President of the United States, ladies and gentlemen. :roll:

Pretty sure there’s only one group who hasn’t moved on from Clinton at this point. Hint: it ain’t Democrats.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tjg_marantz wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 am
What is he referring to? Is this just desperation?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Scoop20906 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:08 pm
tjg_marantz wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 am
What is he referring to? Is this just desperation?
I had the same question.

However, it turns out Clinton gave an interview yesterday reaffirming her belief that Trump is a Putin puppet. I suspect that’s what set him off.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I have a feeling that if Donny hadn’t said anything no one would bother to wonder what Clinton was saying. I guess she us good for his business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
PLW

Post by PLW »

Fitzy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 pm However, it turns out Clinton gave an interview yesterday reaffirming her belief that Trump is a Putin puppet. I suspect that’s what set him off.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

OK, so this is a thing that happened...

US nuclear chief to resist 'illegal' presidential strike order
The top nuclear commander in the US says he would resist any "illegal" presidential order to launch a strike.

Air Force Gen John Hyten, said as head of the US Strategic Command he provided advice to a president and expected that a legal alternative would be found.

His comments come just days after US senators discussed a president's authority to launch a nuclear attack.

Some of them expressed concern that President Donald Trump might irresponsibly order such a strike.

Others though said a president must have the authority to act without meddling from lawyers. It was the first such hearing in more than 40 years.

In August, Mr Trump vowed to unleash "fire and fury like the world has never seen" on North Korea if it continued to expand its atomic weapons programme and threaten America.

Last month, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's Republican chairman, Senator Bob Corker, accused the president of setting the US "on a path to World War Three".

Speaking at the Halifax International Security Forum in Canada, Gen Hyten said: "We think about these things a lot. When you have this responsibility, how do you not think about it?"

"I provide advice to the president, he will tell me what to do," he said.

"And if it's illegal, guess what's going to happen? I'm going to say: 'Mr President, that's illegal.' And guess what he's going to do? He's going to say, 'What would be legal?' And we'll come up with options, of a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that's the way it works.

"It's not that complicated," Gen Hyten added.

He also added: "If you execute an unlawful order, you will go to jail. You could go to jail for the rest of your life."

President Trump has not publicly commented on Gen Hyten's remarks.